Steam Christmas Sale

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13024/

Four AAA releases in there. For the price of ONE EA SPORTS GAME.

>_< THIS ISN'T FAIR....

Getting star wars pack to...

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
kebab4you said:

Omfg I want that so bad. Though I would settle for any of the prizes.
Edit:
[HEADING=1]FUCK![/HEADING]
Edge is only $4.
I hate not having money when the sale roll around! HATE IT!

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
naughtynazgul said:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13024/

Four AAA releases in there. For the price of ONE EA SPORTS GAME.

>_< THIS ISN'T FAIR....

Getting star wars pack to...
Wow that's ridiculous. That pack is crazy good. Shame I already own FEAR, FEAR 2, Bastion, and the two Batmans. Anyone who doesn't have them should be all over that.

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
Yearly steam sale yay! Maybe i'll finally get morrowind, always wanted that game since ive played oblivion! La la la... 10 bucks still? Oh well maybe thats a good price. Wait oblivion is 10 bucks too? What manner of trickery is this!?

Point is, bethesda, you drive a hard bargain.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
LookingGlass said:
Matthew94 said:
EYE is one of the worst games I have ever played, and I've played a ton of games.

Don't get it, it's so bad. It's worse than a mod made by 12 year old who was hammered, on heroin, on weed with one arm missing.
This is why I didn't want to spend more than $5 on it. I've seen opinions like this, and review scores below 50. And then places like FiringSquad and Jim at Destructoid give it 80, and there are forum members who love it.

I guess I'll see how much I pick up in the Steam sale, and if I've got enough games already I'll skip it. But for $5, I won't be too mad if it winds up sucking. Wish they'd release a demo though.
Just to provide an opposing opinion to the first person who quoted you, I think E.Y.E. is pretty neat, but it's very brutal. If you're a fan of the hardcore FPS-RPG hybrids of yesteryear (System Shock, Deus Ex) then it'll probably be right up your alley. It has some poor English translations and the combat takes a while to get used to, but it's a rather beautiful game considering it's essentially just a total-conversion mod for *insert generic Source Engine game here*.

The opening hours don't really paint the prettiest picture if you're inundated with modern-gaming philosophy. It has practically no voice-acting, extremely minimal ambient sound, and it pretty much throws you against the wall and tells you to close your eyes and take it like a man. But again, if you ever played the games like System Shock or Deus Ex, it'll feel much more like a return to form than games like Bioshock or Human Revolution. If you're looking for an extremely polished shooter that hurries you along its story so you don't notice the cracks in the design, then it won't leave a good taste in your mouth.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Please STEAM, I don't have the money for this right now. Stop being so bloody tempting when I'm so bloody poor.

Gah! I can't resist Portal 2, I've been meaning to get that game for ages now. But I can't in good conscience get any more than that even if Metro is just so very, very, very, very tempting.

*grumble grumble*

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
BALLS Missed Serious sam. The only thing i actually wanted to buy, and i missed it.

Also, it says "Valve complete pack" Instead of "Every game on steam" On the UK store...

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I really hate the Steam Sales. Partly because, like everyone else, I don't have enough money, but mainly due to the fact the developer deals are so tempting despite owning 1/2 the games either on a console or on DVD.

The Ubisoft deal is a perfect example. There's one game I've been waiting to buy specifically for a sale (HOMM:6), 3 games I own on a console, 4 games I own on disk, 3 I'm not interested in and 4 I wouldn't normally get but heard good/mixed things so possibly try. Also, why does the 2K deal have Duke Nukem dlc but not Duke Nukem?

latiasracer" post="9.335178.13536850 said:
BALLS Missed Serious sam. The only thing i actually wanted to buy, and i missed it.
You haven't yet as only the 1st day so don't panic. Its currently 25% off, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't get reduced further before the new year.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
World said:
I checked my inventory for the free gift just before.

It was Portal 2.

Free games make me happy.
You lucky bastard! All I got was a piece of coal and a 25% off Valve voucher, when I already own all of Valve's games!

I really hope they don't waste the grand prize on someone with a crappy computer who can't run most games. Anyone know how many games their are on steam? My guess is that it's at least 5000.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Freaky Lou said:
The Virgo said:
I've been trying to play Penumbra: Overture as of late, made by the same devs. If you decide to play a game made by them, just be sure that sleep isn't entirely necessary that night. It's very atmospheric ... and at times, downright scary.

The reason it is ... which is a lesson Hollywood has forgotten, sadly ... is that it's scarier if you, 1, don't know what to do and 2, can't see the monstrosity that will kill you if it sees you. You're even told NOT to look at them. That's what makes their games scary, in spite of the fact that, really, it's very low-budget and doesn't have great graphics. The lack of light and ambiance makes you forget all of that.

I would recommend Amnesia. I haven't played it yet, though, as I want to beat the three Penumbra games first. (Yes, I know that they aren't related, but I still want to. That way I can see how the developers progressed as they became more well known, I suppose.) But if it's anything like Penumbra, expect to spend some time cowering in a corner with scary music playing going, "OH GOD, I DON'T WANT TO MOVE, I DON'T WANT TO MOVE ... IS IT STILL THERE? WHAT IF IT SEES ME, OHGOD-OHGOD-OHGOD ..."
Actually, I have Penumbra: Overture and haven't beaten it yet either due to major reluctance to return after each session. That's why I'm weighing Amnesia.

However, I just went back to Steam and bought Portal 1 and 2 for $8.74. I hope I don't regret that, but I don't think I will.
amnesia is far scarier than penumbra imo.

far more tense, and zero ways to defned yourself just makes me shiver. thinking back to when i played it makes me shudder. oh god.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Every single fucking game?!?!?!

And as someone said earlier it will be some sad bastard with a crappy PC or laptop who wins and will NEVER GET TO PLAY ANY OF THEM!!!!

By the motherfuckin power of Grayskull I NEED THAT PRIZE!!!!

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
randomguy425 said:
Makes me wish my computer could run anything made in the last 5 years.

But EVERY game on Steam? Does that mean like, that there is now, or that there ever will be too? Either way that is the textbook definition of "overkill". I mean, even if I got a better computer and won, I still don't think I'd ever get around to playing like, more than 20 of them. Ever.
It's games on Steam at the time the prize is awarded. Not every game forever.

As for myself I'm just gonna be on the lookout for the daily deals, since there's nothing in particular I want this year.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I just bought a friend of mine portal 2, other than that I'm gonna wait for daily deals.
Looking forward to Bastion and Chantelise.

Anybody got any recommendations for some great quality titles?

Also, I've got 1 30% Valve gift code I'd be willing to trade for something small.

A tip: Always wait for the daily deals, there will most likely be one, even for low profile games, and you'll save a few bucks even if the title already is on sale.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
ectoplasmicz said:
amnesia is far scarier than penumbra imo.

far more tense, and zero ways to defned yourself just makes me shiver. thinking back to when i played it makes me shudder. oh god.
Only problem is that I've already watched an LP of it, but it might be worth doing myself anyway for the whole scare aspect of it. Also, the Justine add-on looks phenomenal.

Chocomint

Jul 12, 2009
I've never seen Lumines on sale, but if it gets discounted this time I'll get it. I'm sort of surprised Saints Row is on sale already but I'm also waiting to see if it gets a daily deal. Also Space Marine.

That's a hell of an awesome grand prize they have this time.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
Its times like these makes me wish I had a half decent desktop rather than a laptop.

I probably wont buy anything due to that reason and the fact that most games id want to buy for the PC, I already own them on the consoles and its kinda a waste buying the same games again(and again in some cases).

Though im considering buying Fable: the Lost Chapter since its only £1.74 today