Steam Christmas Sale

Rikkano

May 29, 2011
I actually got The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, always loved Oblivion and Skyrim too. But I disliked some of the complexity removed from Skyrim, so Morrowind would be the natural next step. :)

Sparky184

Dec 23, 2010
Well I added £50 to my Steam wallet and I'm already down to £43 =P
I bought Metro 2033 and Orcs must Die

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Already got Sam & Max compete pack for £8, Deus Ex: Missing Link for £6 and Orcs must die for £2.99. Will probably get some Civ V dlc while its cheap and keep an eye on the daily deals to see get a good game I haven't played yet at a good price. Damn it steam why must you assault me which such good deals, do you not know that I need to pay for food :p

Davih

May 7, 2011
I got Edge and Super Meat boy :) I also got a 50% of Valve game which I might as well give away or trade or w/e.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
GeorgW said:
I just bought a friend of mine portal 2, other than that I'm gonna wait for daily deals.
Looking forward to Bastion and Chantelise.

Anybody got any recommendations for some great quality titles?

Also, I've got 1 30% Valve gift code I'd be willing to trade for something small.

A tip: Always wait for the daily deals, there will most likely be one, even for low profile games, and you'll save a few bucks even if the title already is on sale.
Limbo and VVVVVV. Especially Limbo, just because of how calm it is.

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
hey, does anyone want to trade something for a 25% off any valve game coupon, please, i already have all the valve games that i want and i want something else.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Matthew94 said:
I've played a lot of DE1 and am about 1/2 way through SS2 but once again, EYE was complete bollocks so don't try to pass me off as some casual FPS fan.
I don't recall typing anything remotely related to "casual". I recall typing that it's reminiscent of the hardcore FPS-RPG games we used to get. Just because you in particular enjoy Deus Ex and System Shock and don't enjoy E.Y.E. doesn't mean that everyone will share your opinion. Obviously everyone won't share my opinion either, which is why I opened with "Just to provide an opposing opinion". I like to think people don't make horribly biased and one-sided decisions on things and will take into account the opinions of people who both like and dislike any given product.

Yes, E.Y.E. is a very unpolished game. It's little more than a mod for Half-Life 2, really. But it's incredibly hard to tell when someone believes their opinion is objective fact on the internet, and you're coming across as very abrasive on this subject. Different people have different tastes. I'm a pretty big FPS fan, but I didn't like Rage at all. I can never bring myself to finish Quake 4. But I love the campaigns in Halo, Call of Duty, Killzone, Crysis, and recently I've gotten into Tribes: Vengeance. I also have loved every single Final Fantasy game in the main series, but I couldn't drag myself past twelve hours into Final Fantasy XIII.

Trust me, just because you don't like the game doesn't mean nobody else will. And that's okay. You gave him a negative opinion, I gave him a positive opinion. Now he can weigh those, maybe do a little more research into the game, and decide for himself whether to get it or not.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Plinglebob said:
I really hate the Steam Sales. Partly because, like everyone else, I don't have enough money, but mainly due to the fact the developer deals are so tempting despite owning 1/2 the games either on a console or on DVD.

The Ubisoft deal is a perfect example. There's one game I've been waiting to buy specifically for a sale (HOMM:6), 3 games I own on a console, 4 games I own on disk, 3 I'm not interested in and 4 I wouldn't normally get but heard good/mixed things so possibly try. Also, why does the 2K deal have Duke Nukem dlc but not Duke Nukem?

latiasracer said:
BALLS Missed Serious sam. The only thing i actually wanted to buy, and i missed it.
You haven't yet as only the 1st day so don't panic. Its currently 25% off, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't get reduced further before the new year.
Oh right, sweet :D

I Was thinking about getting Fallout 3. Worth it?

Also how large is Terraria? File size i mean. If someone could tell me that would be nice, i kind of need to know before tonight. Thanks.

Jan 27, 2011
urprobablyright said:
I have already blown money on every steam game i really want (and more besides - damn you, civ 5)
:( Me too. I was craving a good civ style game, and Galactic civ 2 hadn't come out on steam...

so I got civ 5...and then the next week Galactic Civ 2 came out. I was really pissed. >_<

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
latiasracer said:
Plinglebob said:
I really hate the Steam Sales. Partly because, like everyone else, I don't have enough money, but mainly due to the fact the developer deals are so tempting despite owning 1/2 the games either on a console or on DVD.

The Ubisoft deal is a perfect example. There's one game I've been waiting to buy specifically for a sale (HOMM:6), 3 games I own on a console, 4 games I own on disk, 3 I'm not interested in and 4 I wouldn't normally get but heard good/mixed things so possibly try. Also, why does the 2K deal have Duke Nukem dlc but not Duke Nukem?

latiasracer said:
BALLS Missed Serious sam. The only thing i actually wanted to buy, and i missed it.
You haven't yet as only the 1st day so don't panic. Its currently 25% off, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't get reduced further before the new year.
Oh right, sweet :D

I Was thinking about getting Fallout 3. Worth it?

Also how large is Terraria? File size i mean. If someone could tell me that would be nice, i kind of need to know before tonight. Thanks.
Terraria is TINY, at most 100mb. So I reckon anyone will have that much space on their hard drive. Also, fallout 3 is worth it, you can get at least 50 hours of gameplay if you stick with it.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
So, the next round is up, and the entire Half-Life series including expansions and TF Classic is going for $10. If you've ever been looking for an opportunity, it's fucking now.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
"*WARNING* Wallet funds critical. Cease purchase of entertainment items immediately."

I NEED MORE CASH FOR THIS KIND OF STUFF!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
LookingGlass said:
leet_x1337 said:
I'll be getting Metro 2033 today since it's cheap, and after that I'll be waiting on Sonic Generations, AAAAaaaaAAAA! for the Awesome (I'd get the first as well but that coal lump looks much too hard for a newbie like me), and possibly a few other games as they pop up. I probably won't download any until later, though.

Oh, and the gift for the "check inventory" achievement was that I didn't get a freebie at first, but then it gave me a coupon for 50% off any Valve game during Q1 2012. Sweet!
FYI Sonic Generations is $28.79 at Green Man Gaming [http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/adventure/sonic-generations/]. Probably better than Steam will get to for a while.
It's $23 on Steam atm.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
kebab4you said:
GeorgW said:
I just bought a friend of mine portal 2, other than that I'm gonna wait for daily deals.
Looking forward to Bastion and Chantelise.

Anybody got any recommendations for some great quality titles?

Also, I've got 1 30% Valve gift code I'd be willing to trade for something small.

A tip: Always wait for the daily deals, there will most likely be one, even for low profile games, and you'll save a few bucks even if the title already is on sale.
Limbo and VVVVVV. Especially Limbo, just because of how calm it is.
I've already got VVVVVV. It's a lot of fun, but kind of short. I would definitely recommend it to others for the price.
And I've never really been interested in Limbo, seems a bit too slow for my taste.
But thanks for the suggestions, anything else?
Also, Psychonauts is on sale today. Everyone should get it. Everyone!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Recettear is good though I already have it, not much for me today :(
What about chantelise, its sequel? I haven't played it, but I just bought it on the merit of Recettear alone. I'd definitely recommend recettear for any RPG/loot fan out there.