Steam Christmas Sale

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Matthew94 said:
GeorgW said:
Matthew94 said:
Recettear is good though I already have it, not much for me today :(
What about Chantelise, its sequel? I haven't played it, but I just bought it on the merit of Recettear alone. I'd definitely recommend recettear for any RPG/loot fan out there.
It's fun but didn't have the same draw for me.

I've played it for 2 hours at launch and intend to go back to it eventually but I have other games to play.

It's worth noting that Chantelise is actually a prequel as it was made first but was translated second.
Oh, I didn't know it was made before. It would explain some of the kinks...

Matthew94 said:
GeorgW said:
kebab4you said:
GeorgW said:
I just bought a friend of mine portal 2, other than that I'm gonna wait for daily deals.
Looking forward to Bastion and Chantelise.

Anybody got any recommendations for some great quality titles?

Also, I've got 1 30% Valve gift code I'd be willing to trade for something small.

A tip: Always wait for the daily deals, there will most likely be one, even for low profile games, and you'll save a few bucks even if the title already is on sale.
Limbo and VVVVVV. Especially Limbo, just because of how calm it is.
I've already got VVVVVV. It's a lot of fun, but kind of short. I would definitely recommend it to others for the price.
And I've never really been interested in Limbo, seems a bit too slow for my taste.
But thanks for the suggestions, anything else?
Also, Psychonauts is on sale today. Everyone should get it. Everyone!
is Psychonauts really worth it? Every time I'm tempted to buy it I keep remembering fans talking about some really annoying bits that take forever to beat and I have too many games to play to warrant getting another I'll just get stuck on.
I think I know the part where people get stuck, there's an introduction level for a new power, where they just spam enemies in all infinity to let you get used to it. It's annoying, but if you don't care about the collectibles you can get through it fairly quickly.
The difficulty varies like a yo-yo, but no part is too hard.
I've died maybe 3 times in the whole game, as long as you save often it shouldn't be a problem.
It's an old game with a few clunky controls, but I've never had too much of a problem with it, and it has a great story and is made by Double Fine, get it.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
devotedsniper said:
hmmm 50% on all valve games, thanks steam....shame i don't want any valve games ><;
Got the same thing and my first earned prize was even less interesting. 50% off some game called The Wonderful End of the World, which I don't want at all. I'm actually thinking I'd prefer to get coal from now on, because the gifts are disappointing. At least a chance to win something awesome is better than an actual something I don't want.

If anybody wants either of those vouchers, just ask. I'm not sure how to transfer them, but it says "Tradable", so if someone tell me how, they can have 'em.

latiasracer said:
Also how large is Terraria? File size i mean. If someone could tell me that would be nice, i kind of need to know before tonight. Thanks.
Just checked. It's 16Mb. Seriously. I swear I'm not trolling, even though it may seem that way.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Aeshi said:
Pretty sure that "every game on Steam" is more gametime than there is time in a Human lifespan, your GRANDCHILDREN would be playing through that collection (assuming they don't sell it for god-knows how much that account would be worth)
I do hope they let you gift some of the games away. The good games you already have to people that you like, the bad ones to those you don't. :D

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
latiasracer said:
Plinglebob said:
I really hate the Steam Sales. Partly because, like everyone else, I don't have enough money, but mainly due to the fact the developer deals are so tempting despite owning 1/2 the games either on a console or on DVD.

The Ubisoft deal is a perfect example. There's one game I've been waiting to buy specifically for a sale (HOMM:6), 3 games I own on a console, 4 games I own on disk, 3 I'm not interested in and 4 I wouldn't normally get but heard good/mixed things so possibly try. Also, why does the 2K deal have Duke Nukem dlc but not Duke Nukem?

latiasracer said:
BALLS Missed Serious sam. The only thing i actually wanted to buy, and i missed it.
You haven't yet as only the 1st day so don't panic. Its currently 25% off, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't get reduced further before the new year.
Oh right, sweet :D

I Was thinking about getting Fallout 3. Worth it?

Oh cool. Defo get both of them. It wasn't space that was a problem, it's our internet's not the best and if it's downloading something it takes forever...So Smaller is better :D
Also how large is Terraria? File size i mean. If someone could tell me that would be nice, i kind of need to know before tonight. Thanks.
Terraria is TINY, at most 100mb. So I reckon anyone will have that much space on their hard drive. Also, fallout 3 is worth it, you can get at least 50 hours of gameplay if you stick with it.

Oh, cool!

It's not size thats a problem, it's how long it's going to take to download :p But thanks for the help.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Fappy said:
LookingGlass said:
leet_x1337 said:
I'll be getting Metro 2033 today since it's cheap, and after that I'll be waiting on Sonic Generations, AAAAaaaaAAAA! for the Awesome (I'd get the first as well but that coal lump looks much too hard for a newbie like me), and possibly a few other games as they pop up. I probably won't download any until later, though.

Oh, and the gift for the "check inventory" achievement was that I didn't get a freebie at first, but then it gave me a coupon for 50% off any Valve game during Q1 2012. Sweet!
FYI Sonic Generations is $28.79 at Green Man Gaming [http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/adventure/sonic-generations/]. Probably better than Steam will get to for a while.
It's $23 on Steam atm.
My bad, looks like my country is getting screwed on Steam prices as usual. $37.46 here.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Vegosiux said:
LookingGlass said:
My bad, looks like my country is getting screwed on Steam prices as usual. $37.46 here.
1$=1?, remember...
Actually it's Australia, though I know the Europeans get screwed too.

The best example is that, 50% off, the Modern Warfare 2 deal here is US$44.99. Seriously, WTF? It's US$15 for US users.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Dang it, I thought I was above this. I thought that I could resist buying anything until Guild Wars 2. I was wrong.

I've bought Fable: The Lost Chapters for 2.24?, Chantelise for 1.99? and Psychonauts for 2.49? so far. I couldn't resist the prices. I'm waiting to see if the latest deck pack for Magic 2012 will be discounted or not. Hopefully there won't be anything else.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Does Half-Life:Source actually look any better than HL1?

I've looked at a bunch of screenshots and it seems to use all the original textures and models. The water is new and looks like the water in HL2, and I'm assuming it's got proper physics now, but that seems to be it.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I got a voucher for Flight Control HD... Anyone ever heard of it or played it?

I wonder if the grand prize includes dlc.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
LookingGlass said:
Does Half-Life:Source actually look any better than HL1?

I've looked at a bunch of screenshots and it seems to use all the original textures and models. The water is new and looks like the water in HL2, and I'm assuming it's got proper physics now, but that seems to be it.
I don't know if it even has proper physics. I still get frustrated at that point where you have to put two boxes to make some steps, cos they keep rotating randomly.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
I got a voucher for Flight Control HD... Anyone ever heard of it or played it?
I have it. Paid a dollar for it, I feel it's a very just price. It's a very simple game, just direct planes so they don't crash into each other. It's pretty fun, for an hour or so, but wouldn't pay much for it.

AWOL

Jun 22, 2010
I have a 50% off Valve coupon that I'm looking to trade. Preferably for a cheap game. Psychonauts ideally.

Other than that, all I've gotten is coal. :(

EDIT: Also Neverwinter Nights, I'd trade for that too.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Ok seriously guys, I need help. At first, I was hoping to win or somehow get myself a nice discount coupon for two fairly new retail games (such as the new Deus Ex). While I doubt they'll put it on sale for more than 50%, I was willing to wait it out and hope for the best while buying nothing else in the meantime.

However, it appears that Neverwinter Nights is on sale for 5 bucks. At first I thought nothing of it and was not willing to break my "don't buy anything except those two games" rule, but then I realized it's made by obsidian.Its gameplay is probably shitty, but I love their writing team. I believe that Kotor 2's characters and plot completely destroys Kotor 1's and Alpha Protocol's story and RPG-mechanics were interesting to say at the least (Also Black MOTHERFUCKING Isle).

Now my question is, to those who have played it, is it once again the Obsidian quality writing many of us know and love or is it a mediocre game that I should avoid (as in weak story)?

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Now E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is down to $2.50. It's hard to not buy it at that price, even if 75% of people think it's awful and 25% think it's good. Seems like a decent risk/reward setup there.