scarecrow350

Apr 4, 2010
Im hoping to get one or more of:
-Saints Row the Third
-Killing floor
-Anno 2070
-Batman Arkham City
-Possibly a few small indie titles
the one thing i do know im buying for certain though is the new PAYDAY DLC, probably the only DLC i will ever buy, sale or no
but luckily i have a birthday in the middle of august, disposable income for me!
but at the moment im still chewing my way through LA Noire i picked up on Wednesday, so i might leave it for a bit

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
So... is this going to start or what?

I've been holding off buying any games for a while. I don't know how much longer I can hold on. (#firstwordproblems)

Captcha: Let it be.

NO I WILL NOT. I WANT MY CHEAP ASS GAMES. >:c

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Manji187 said:
I hope the Witcher 2 drops in price....significantly.
It was pretty cheap before they made it the "Enhanced Edition" which you would have gotten an upgrade to for free. I bought it for a friend for 15 dollars once. So I guess it's just poor timing.

As of now, the current number of games I'm interested in playing has shrunk significantly. I'm literally sick of "AAA" games and already own many of the indie games I intended on playing. Lately I've been hooked on Battlefield 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3. I for the life of me cannot think of anything I would want to buy and play during the Steam summer sale. I guess if I can get the new Ghost Recon for really cheap I might play that, but I guess I'll have to see.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
DustlessDragoon said:
Thatguyky said:
bro1667 said:
Thatguyky said:
I want Arma2:OC to go on sale. That way I can download the mod DayZ and kill some more zombies!!! Actually, I get the feeling I'd be doing more running than shooting in DayZ. That mod looks crazy fun.
The mod itself is fun, you get really parinoid and most people are dicks, but it starts to get boring if you die too often. But when you get a group of friends together, then the REAL fun starts. (and the frustration)
Yeah, I heard a good handful of people will shoot you on sight for your guns and what not. If definitely seems like one of those games you want to play with friends. If you play as a loner you're easy pickings for the zombies and players.
Yeah a good handful is a massive understatement, ever since it's popularity surge it's become a bloodbath. If you do get it stay FAR away from any big towns and don't trust anyone you don't know, they may be friendly at first but as soon as you drop your guard BOOM bullet to the head and back to square one for you. It should be fine in a few months when the buzz dies down and teh newbies learn to not kill everything that moves but right now it's pretty dire.

OT: I'm not really looking for anything in particular just going to wait and see I guess, if the sale actually happens...
Actually at night in the States the servers are like a ghost town. Early and mid day Euro time is the best time to play. This mod is crazy fun. The Escapist needs a DayZ server for its members. Maybe then there would be less player slaughtering.

Varnava

Jul 2, 2012
Sorry you guys, there is no way the Summer Sale will happen this year, it would be the 3rd one and as we all know, Valve can't count that high... unless the call it Summer Sale 2.1! On a serious note, I really hope Skyrim goes on sale for cheap, I just found out my computer can run it.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I'm trying desperately to whore myself out on Deviantart for people who want glorified fanart for 5 dollars so I have money to spend. :( There's alot I want and little spare cash I can afford to throw.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Mr Companion said:
SomebodyNowhere said:
If Recettear goes on sale I'll likely go after that.
I've also been hoping for a sale on Fallout 3 GOTY edition to save me the trouble of reinstalling it from my disc and downloading everything I got from GFWL again.
GFWL: So bad people will buy whole games again on other platforms just to avoid it.
that, and the fact I never got around to buying the supposedly crappy mothership zeta dlc

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
I just bought Arma 2: OC.

That probably will go on sale just to spite me.
You know, I was going to say nothing, since my backlog is so huge already, but if that goes on sale, I think I'll get it, just for Day Z.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
Manji187 said:
I hope the Witcher 2 drops in price....significantly.
It was pretty cheap before they made it the "Enhanced Edition" which you would have gotten an upgrade to for free. I bought it for a friend for 15 dollars once. So I guess it's just poor timing.

As of now, the current number of games I'm interested in playing has shrunk significantly. I'm literally sick of "AAA" games and already own many of the indie games I intended on playing. Lately I've been hooked on Battlefield 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3. I for the life of me cannot think of anything I would want to buy and play during the Steam summer sale. I guess if I can get the new Ghost Recon for really cheap I might play that, but I guess I'll have to see.
Damn, yeah I'm just late to the party.

You could go on a classics tour...play the original Deus Ex, or the first two Fallouts, or Planescape: Torment.

Maybe give S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl (with the 2009 Complete Mod) a try? Loads of fun, guaranteed. Or check out Metro 2033, if you haven't already.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
If Skyrim goes on sale at 80% off.. Ill buy it at that time because I personally think anything from Bethesda *might* be worth 12$, but 15 or more is honestly pushing it for me.

I might pick up dead island if there is a solid price on it.

past that... Maybe metro 2010945892092

nothing else really interests me.

Id rather buy Alan wake on GoG.
Id rather buy Grimrock on GoG.

And Amazon seemingly is trying to prepare for the steam sale by having a month long sale with "bundles" to mirror steams "awesome sales" price.

So yeah, personally steam holds little sway for me outside of a game that I know will have DLC and the desire to get it on a platform that will actually occasionally sell the DLC on sale prices.,Edit though I might instead consider to get it for 360 to use kinect functionality instead

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
DrVornoff said:
I heard a rumor that the sale won't be starting until the 12th. Confirm? Deny? Part of me kind of hopes it won't take place until then. Gives me more time to scrounge up a little extra cash.
Yea, I've heard similar rumours, either the 5th or the 12th(most likely the latter). I don't think anyone can confirm or deny it with absolute certainty, since it's all rumours at the moment. Also, in that respect, my thread here might have been a bit premature, but I genuinely thought the sale would start on the 28th of June.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Serious Sam Random Encounter and Lone Survivor are what I'm hoping for. In fact if anyone has a spare copy of one of these or any other game I have The Ship Complete I'd be willing to trade.

Prosis

May 5, 2011
I'm hoping for Portal 2 and/or Witcher 2.

No, I still haven't gotten Portal 2. Although I know half the story now thanks to the internet. I've always been engaged in some other game when it's gone on sale.

I'll have to see what goes on sale though. Something interesting may show up. I'll probably set aside a few dollars for a currently unknown purchase.

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
I'm hoping for a good sale on Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout: NV. That's pretty much all I want this year.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Hoping that Killing Floor goes cheap, so I can get a 3rd copy for when my younger brother visits, that's a good game to kill some time.

I recently got Binding of Isaac, that's a great little game, totally unique, and funny, and pretty damn addictive. It's not frustrating either, even with no continues or saving - just try and do your best, to kill your mom... what more do you need!

I got about halfway through Grimrock, and it started to kinda get on my nerves - I think that the puzzles are far too samey, it's a pretty repetitive, claustraphobic game - but it is good, don't get me wrong. I think that the problem is I keep expecting more, more variation, more weapons, enemy types, and it's dawning on me that it's probably shown me all it has. Hoping that a sequel will have more content, and less step-combination-puzzle-fuckery.

Ohh, and it would be lovely if ARMA2 would drop it's price a bit - been meaning to try that DayZ mod, but I can't justify paying £26 just to play a mod, with all the youtube coverage, you'd think they'd try and encourage some fresh sales.