Steam summer sale 2012

Jeff Gennick

Mar 14, 2011
Jiffex said:
OT: This will be my first Steam summer sale, is it a list of games that go on sale each day for one day or a list of games that are on sale for the whole summer?
It's a week long sale where a LOT of games are on sale. Every game on sale has one day during the week where they go "super sale" and are off for an even higher amount. After their respective days, they return to the normal sale.

Sometimes there are fancy fun competitions and sweepstakes and stuff.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Dammit, when is this bloody sale going to start? I swear, Valve is just trolling us now. They probably noticed all the anticipation and moved it back a week or something.

OT: Kind of hoping Crysis 2 goes down. I've been meaning to pick that up for a while now. Also the new Civ expansion, although I don't think they will considering it was only released very recently.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I've read every page of this thread, and it's nice to see the love for ArmA II, even if only to play a mod. It's a great game in its own right.

Should Steam have another summer sale, I'm pretty sure I will be bleeding my bank account dry. Hmmmm... Let's see...

If I have the money, I will be picking up:

- Skyrim
- Torchlight 2
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai + DLC
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
- Metro 2033

We are having record heat this summer. I should probably not go outside too much.

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
Sacman said:
Could always head to your nearest game store and get a couple of these...<.<

Well I'm SORRY everyone isn't American. :)
Edit: I'm in a similar dilemma. Not much I can do.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
I can't really think of anything I'd straight out jump on if they were on sale, my Steam wishlist is mainly full of things that look mildly interesting. Maybe if they have a combo pack sale on DLC for Train Simulator 2012.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
toobie said:
I'm gonna buy a lot of indie hits that are just a tad too expensive for me for now. Binding of Isaac, Hack Slash Loot, Tiny and Big, Legend of Grimrock, and with any luck A Valley without Wind. Dunno if I'll be able to get those for 20 euros, but I hope so!

In the mean time I'm enjoying this topic [http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711515] quite a lot.
Binding of Isaac is WELL worth the asking price. I'm at 139 hours played. Which is at least 10 times more than most AAA games. Its a fantastic piece of entertainment.

On topic: Not sure if there is anything I want. I've preordered Darksiders 2...other games that interest me I either own, or they havent been released yet.

Jiffex

Dec 11, 2011
Jeff Gennick said:
Jiffex said:
OT: This will be my first Steam summer sale, is it a list of games that go on sale each day for one day or a list of games that are on sale for the whole summer?
It's a week long sale where a LOT of games are on sale. Every game on sale has one day during the week where they go "super sale" and are off for an even higher amount. After their respective days, they return to the normal sale.

Sometimes there are fancy fun competitions and sweepstakes and stuff.

Thanks, sounds awesome :D

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I really expected to see one happen by today. I wonder if they are not having one, or have postponed it. I suppose it's 4th of July week, and a lot of people go on vacation. Perhaps they are accounting for that?

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Binnsyboy said:
I just bought Arma 2: OC.

That probably will go on sale just to spite me.
I bought it too (DayZ and all), so Yeah. It will definitely go on sale. Surprised it didn't go on sale the next day. That's what happened with MW3.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
AC: Revelations
Batman: Arkham City
Spec Ops: The Line
I'm sure there are plenty of others that I will pick up if the price is right, but those are the ones I'm looking forward too. Maybe the Dead Space games.

Oct 30, 2010
I'm well and sufficiently trolled. You've had your joke, now make with the sale.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Oh no, my money will go so quickly...

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
So...is there even going to be a sale this year?

I'm pretty sure the 2011 sale would've started by now...

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
To me it seems that there will not be a Summer Sale. If there is I would think it won't be until late July/ early August.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Frozengale said:
To me it seems that there will not be a Summer Sale. If there is I would think it won't be until late July/ early August.
I'm expecting it to start tomorrow. All of their sales are based around a holiday, and then re-named so nobody who doesn't celebrate said holiday gets offended. The Summer sale has been built around the 4th of July in the past, and that's tomorrow.

ward0630

Nov 25, 2009
I recently obtained a rather large 'chunk of change' so I'm just looking to make bulk discount purchases, like every single game made by Developer X or publisher Y.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
You just scared the ever-living shit out of me.
Immediately thought they started 2 days ago at the beginning of July.
I've been without internet.)
I hope you're happy. -.-

But yes, Red Orchestra 2, off the top of my head, would be nice if it went on sale :)

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I'm expecting it to start tomorrow. All of their sales are based around a holiday, and then re-named so nobody who doesn't celebrate said holiday gets offended. The Summer sale has been built around the 4th of July in the past, and that's tomorrow.
If it started tomorrow I don't think they would have bothered making regular midweek sales this week.