Steam Summer Sale 2015 after action report

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Fucking shit, apparently I spent a total of $227.43 during this blasted sale, and I'm still considering picking up one last game if I can afford it (The Last Federation). I am now officially Valve's *****.

EDIT: My Steam games list went from about 40 games to 145, for reference.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
My total damages:

The Forest ($10.04)
Facerig ($7.99) (Don't have a webcam, so got one of those too! Needed one anyway.)
The Long Dark ($9.99)
The Fall ($1.99)
Among The Sleep ($4.99)

My handy-dandy calculator tells me that it totals up to thirty-five dollars even, not counting the webcam. Oddly precise!

(Funny thing... Watch_Dogs is $15, but I'm still not in the least bit interested. Maybe when it hits the ten-dollar mark.)

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Fallout 3 The Games of the Year Edition - Because it was cheap and my 360 is moving toward extinction.
Huniepop - Because I can always use more boobs in my life.
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed - Because I can always use more boobs in my life x2.
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES - Because it was finally cheap enough to match it's shortness. And I want to play it before the real V comes out.
The Wolf Among Us - Because it seems to be a good game, and one I skipped until now.
Worms Armageddon - Because it was £2.74 which was the exact balance I had left over. Also nostalgia I played it a whole lot as a kid.

Outside of the sale a all brought the Witcher 3 Expansion pass, because I just finished the main game, and if your game is awesome and takes me 120+ hours to do one play through then I trust your Expansions will be worth my money.

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
for me

Child of Light $3.74 ......looked interesting, been on my wishlist for a while

Legend of Korra $3.59 ......fan of the show, heard this game was a mixed bag but figured I'd get it for this price

various DLC costumes for Ultra Street Fighter IV $5.97 .......got the "femme fatale" vacation and wild packs because I main Cammy and her outfits were pretty decent. also grabbed the 2014 challengers vacation pack because of Poison's epic Yakuza dress, I play to give that character a shot after CEO

Age of Mythology EX $7.49 .......nostalgia, loved this game when it came out, never did get the expansion though

Total: $20.79

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
V da Mighty Taco said:
Fucking shit, apparently I spent a total of $227.43 during this blasted sale, and I'm still considering picking up one last game if I can afford it (The Last Federation). I am now officially Valve's *****.

After 7 years my library is 621 games, I know that feeling.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I didn't end up spending that much, to be honest this was a little flat for me. With some companies raising their prices for games before discounting made some deals lukewarm at best. Even then a lot of games I was holding out for on my wishlist ended up not being on a bigger sale then they were as daily deals in the best...such a disappointment. I was really hoping to knock out like half of my wishlist, I ended up only taking 2-3 games off it, the sad thing is that by at least october I'll probably see most of the lukewarm deals on steam turn into excellent deals on steam or elsewhere.

Games I picked up:
Hatoful Boyfriend
Goat Simulator + GoatZ
Among the Sleep
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
Freedom Planet
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Grow Home
Door Kickers
PAYDAY 2: The Alesso Heist
PAYDAY 2: The Butcher's Western Pack
PAYDAY 2: Dragan Character Pack
PAYDAY 2: The OVERKILL B-Sides Soundtrack
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Apotheon
Legend of Korra
In Verbis Virtus

I didn't get it off steam but I got Killing Floor 2 for 40% off Humble Bundle's site which was really nice.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
I picked up--

The Witcher 2 collection
Tomb Raider 2013
Wolfenstein: The New Order/The Old Blood
Killing Floor 2
Insurgency
A bunch of dlc for Payday 2

Games I wanted to get but passed on this time--

Alien Isolation
Batman Arkham Origins
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Far cry 4
AC: Black Flag
Shadow of Mordor

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Zontar said:
V da Mighty Taco said:

After 7 years my library is 621 games, I know that feeling.
I went from around 40 Steam games gathered over a period of ~3.5 years (unemployment is a *****), to 145 in a week. Not hard to tell that this is my first real Steam Sale binge, huh? XD

Still, I'm surprised by how much I've seemed to outspent everyone here.... O_O

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
WAY too much given my existing steam backlog.
I've held off the last few major steam sales so this time I notched off a few games from my wishlist.

- Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Ryse: Sone of Rome
- Trials Fusion
- Child of Light
- Valiant Hearts (not actually interested in this game but it came with Trials+Child bundle)
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Grey Goo
- Dishonoured
- Darkest Dungeon
- Skydrift
- One Finger Death Punch

Total cost ~$105.00

I spent a long time thinking about picking up a bunch of Final fantasy games but I'm hoping that some day they'll do a proper bundle pack for them just like they do with franchises like Metro/Tomb Raider/ect.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Alright, I've spent my money and even though I probably COULD find something for 40-cents that would be worthwhile, I think I'm going to call this Steam Summer Sale over and done with for me. This was my first go-around but I think I still did pretty damn well!

Democracy 3
Domestic Dog Simulator
Gunpoint
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition
Nidhogg
Oddbox (Abe's Odyssey, Exodus, Munch's Odyssey, and Strangers Wrath HD)
Please, Don't Touch Anything
Risk of Rain
Rock of Ages
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Squirreltopia
Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition
System Shock 2
This War of Mine

I also got gifted a couple of things

Half Life Complete
Skullgirls 4 Pack

...Yeah, I have some catching up to do when it comes to PC Master Gaming...Out of what I've played so far Gunpoint and Surgeon Sim are my favorites. Please, Don't Touch Anything is also really neat and I've been murdered multiple times by Rich people in Democracy 3...because America.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
The Stanley Parable
One Finger Death Punch
Banished
Luftrausers
Long Live The Queen
XCOM: Complete
Don't Starve + Reign of Giants
The Last Federation

Total: £22.57

Here I was feeling pretty happy that I didn't buy a single game above £5 (apart from xcom) but they do add up don't they : /

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
yamy said:
Here I was feeling pretty happy that I didn't buy a single game above £5 (apart from xcom) but they do add up don't they : /
I know that feeling, I bought only one game that was more then 9.99$Can (and that was the Batman Trilogy so it was 3 games which averaged out to less then 5$Can a piece) and I ended up with over 100$Can out of my wallet.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Elite: Dangerous (already played like 10 hours, still have no clue what I'm doing)
Grow Home (up to the post-game, a lot of fun once you have everything unlocked)
The Talos Principle (haven't tried it yet, looking forward to it)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (finally available for the price it's worth? sign me up!)

Honorable mention goes to Wolfenstein: The New Order, which I got for $28 from the concurrent EB games sale.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Seems I'm not the only one who splurged on : Valkyria Chronicles .

Department of acquisitions also sighted crusader kings 2 and struck hard.
We fired a broadside for the plunder that is Europa Univesalis IV (as it was back in actual sale form and not switch&bait)
Went yardarm to yardarm for Apotheon
Struck a blow upon finding the Stick of Truth
As the men were going to war we acquired both assault squad titles
Finally due to console loss there was a re-taking of Red Alert 3 and Fallout:New Vegas

All that and a bottle of rum.

Aug 31, 2012
Ok....

RE Revelations + DLC £10
Mortal Kombat Komplete £4
Space Hulk DLC £2
Borderlands + DLC etc (already owned, bought for convenience) £5
CoH + add ons/DLC (had already owned but disk died due to rage) £5
Oblivion + DLC etc (already owned, convenience)£6
FO3 + DLC etc (as above) £5
Civ IV complete (as above) £4

About £40

Apart from the space issue I've has problems with old disks deciding they aren't going to work anymore, so buying them for steam is just easier than fucking around with the physical copies.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Now I also upgraded Dark Souls 2 to Scholar of the first Sin.

Shit. Why did I do that.

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds + Kurisu DLC (I'm a sucker for Steins;Gate)
Civ V
Transistor

Works out to be just over ?30 (£35 USD). I also got Final Fantasy XIII-2 but I refunded it due to performance issues.

The only game I didn't get that I really wanted was Ys VI: Ark of Naphitism (or something like that). It never discounted low enough for my liking.

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
I picked up:

Antichamber
Crusader Kings 2 DLCs
Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLC
Pillars of Eternity
Running with Rifles
Salt
Valkyria Chronicles
War for the Overworld

Not a bad haul all told and managed not to get too carried away for once! Biggest problem with Steam sales for me though is that its conditioned me to expect game cheapness now, and so although I really really REALLY want Witcher 3 I just couldn't bring myself to click buy on a game that even discounted is still £45!

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Lego Marvel Superheroes
Shadowrun Returns
One Finger Death Punch
Transistor

Total of £11.62 (around $18), so not bad.

Don't know when I'm going to get around to playing most of them, since my new graphics card (which turned up mid-sale) came with a copy of the Witcher 3!

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I only bought a single game this year, Life is Strange and it cost me about ?10.

Pretty happy with the game though.