Steam Summer Sale 2015 after action report

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Zontar said:
So one again the Steam Summer Sale has come and gone, and as always we take a moment to more the looses our wallets have taken and rejoice in the new games we will play for 5 minutes before going back to the ones we've had for years and never seeing them again.

For my casualty report, I have this:

[...]

-Splintercell
-Splintercell: Double Agent
-Splintercell: Chaos Theory

[...]
Zomg. You've never played the original Splinter Cell? Man, I'm so jealous. I mean, that's one of those games I'd love to forget about so I could experience it all over again. Ubi added different mechanics to the follow-up games, but that first one, there's something almost magical about it for me.

As for me I bought, uh...Still Life. What? The entire trilogy was like 3 bucks and I've always wanted to play it.

Treeberry

Nov 27, 2013
Overspender reporting for duty! I bought 103 games.
Oh GOD. WHAT DID I DO? (Actually a lot of these came in bundles and are games that I will play, so I don't mind too much...)

I mainly bought shmup/bullet hell/shoot 'em up types, platformers and RPGs with a spattering of big names releases to play once I upgrade.

I'm looking at my PS3 right now and if it weren't for Catherine, Demon's Souls and Yakuza 4 I'm not sure I'd have too many qualms about selling it.

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
I was very cheap this summer:

Life is Strange: Episode 1
Cook, Serve, Delicious
Killer is Dead
DreadOut
Guacamelee!

Spent less than $20 CAD in total, so I consider this some sort of victory.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I'm finding that, thanks to previous sales, there's not really a whole lot left on Steam that I actually want.

All I bought this past sale were...
1. FTL
2. The Wolf Among Us
3. Infested Planet

Not sure how much I spent. Maybe $10 USD?

EDIT:

Treeberry said:
Overspender reporting for duty! I bought 103 games.
Oh GOD. WHAT DID I DO?
When I was at college one of my roommates was the youngest child of a doctor and a lawyer (he was also the only child who was actually born to them, the others were from previous marriages - so they tended to spoil him). They entrusted him with their credit cards.

During our senior year, when the Steam Christmas sale hit, I asked him if he bought anything. He told me he bought everything. I asked a follow-up, "everything that you were looking to get on sale?" His response?

"No no no, I mean I bought everything."

He bought every damn game that was available at that time on Steam.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Legend of Korra - £1.94 (£11.99)
Revengeance - £4.62 (£19.99)
Ori - £8.78 (£14.99)
Xenoverse - £19.99 (£39.99)
One Finger Death Punch - £0.79 (£3.99)

Total - £36.12
Value - £90.95
Saved - £54.83

I spent more this year than I did in the last couple of years.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
It was... worse than I hoped it would be. My console and PC backlog are already terrible enough.

DreadOut
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
Valkyria Chronicles
Talisman: Digital Edition - Gold Pack
SUNLESS SEA
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

On a plus side, I was able to sell a few of my trading cards and use the funds to buy myself the Captain Bamboo courier for Dota 2. :p

Metalmacher

Jan 24, 2015
Bought only Borderlands 2 GOTYE lol :p But in my defence I have other hobbies which demand my wallet, so...

EXos

Nov 24, 2009
Too many... again. T_T 470 Games and counting. When I retire I'll be set for the next fifty years if I keep this up. XD

C_sector

Jan 7, 2010
Escape Machines 0.14 cents
Caster 0.20 cents

oh no's thats 4 cents over budget!!

hehehehehe

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I just got FF13 and 13-2 and the Legend of Korra. Lack of funds for anything else, otherwise I'd have gotten a couple more titles.

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
Valkyria Chronicles
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
Legend of Korra
Miasmata
GameMaker: Studio Android

Games were pretty cheap, $15
GM Android compiler was $75 + tax, and I usually get it straight from the developer as opposed to going through Steam but it was a good deal over the usual $300 price tag. GameMaker 2 is slated for the end of the year so I was considering holding off on it, but I have a few projects in mind I'd like to get out on Android earlier than the end of the year, plus without knowledge of what features, pricing, etc. the new GM is going to have, not sure if it was worth waiting 6 more months just to go "Meh."

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Only got The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion at half price. Would have gotten XCOM: Enemy Unknown at the £5 price it was at in the sale, but it was reduced to £3.75 the day XCOM 2 was announced shortly before the sale began.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
-Sniper Elite 3
-Brothers
-6ish Payday 2 dlc packs
-Shovel Knight
-Ori and the Blind Forest

About $42 USD by the end.

Patathatapon

Jul 30, 2011
All these money measurements in CAD:

- Quake 4 $10.99
- I am bread $6.99 I think? I forgot
- The Talos principle I forgot again.

Total: spent money < $25... I think.

You could say I suffered pretty badly simply by the fact I can't remember any of what I spent.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Let's see if I can recall all of it:

Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War 1&2, and a few of the expansions
Mark of the Ninja
Warhammer 40K Space Marine
Hmm, I think that's it? Pretty sure I'm missing one or two, but I'm not at my home computer so I can't check it.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Darkest Dungeon
Sunless Sea
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel DLC
Audiosurf 2
Heavy Bullets
Transistor

Not sure what the damage was on those purchases; they all seemed so minuscule at the time.

Christian Neihart

Jan 29, 2012
Only things I got were Ark: Survival Evolved, Zigurat, Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery, all the Dark Souls 2 DLC, and Titan Souls. Overall, it was pretty tame.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
just two games this year:

Endless Legend
Geometry Wars 3

for a total of about $24.

between previous sales, humble bundles, and a backlog, this sale was pretty underwhelming to me. i would have considered Wolfenstein: TNO for $10 or Borderlands: Pre-sequel + season pass for $20, but they didn't get that low yet.