Stellar Blade (formally Project Eve) - Korean Sci-Fi Bayonetta/Nier: Automata/Sekiro Edition

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
New gameplay video!

We see more of the gunplay, which is varied enough, I love the big beam. There's also a bunch of the various moves. Apparently there's 2 gauges, one that does the big fancy moves you build by dodging and parrying, and another that I guess builds as you combo that lets you do the beta abilities (the ones assigned to face buttons). In addition to strong and weak regular attacks of course.

Last edited:

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Yeah I'm not going to believe the people who made Nikke are trying to move the needle in gaming. Oh they might be moving the needle, for more cloned Korean MMO/gacha nonsense.

When the main character wears a vacuum-sealed 0.01mm thick bodysuit with 0 elastic force, she might as well be naked at that point. I don't know how many E3/State-of-Play trailers have naked women, but when 90% of your trailer is of a character who's naked but not naked, you're poking a hornet's nest. You'd have to be extremely ballsy or extremely ignorant to think you should market your serious sci-fi action game like it were Nikke.
Unfortunately reactionary scum love this kind of trash because it sticks up to people like me who appreciates prestige titles and not cynical attempts to cater to a neglected market because it makes me and others groan in disgust.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's called ignore the fuckwads, and focus on something that gives you joy. I'm interested in this game, but the racist/sexist asshole ain't taking up my head space.

What the fuck is up with those wedge heels?
Bayonetta and 2B have better and more practical heels by comparison.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I hear it's a thing among the action girls - Have you seen a Marvel movie?
I've seen all of them. They're not that common in the MCU. And its less that they're featured here and more that they way they're designed or textured makes them stick out in a bad way on the rest of the future body suit. Like they look mismatched. That's my fault for not being clearer with my question.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So apparently the demo was up earlier by accident, it wasn't supposed to, but some people managed to get it during the 16 minutes it was up for so we got loads of footage!

Game looks incredible! Definitely more souls-like than DMC.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Game looks incredible! Definitely more souls-like than DMC.
I noticed. I might sit this one out as Souls-likes don't do it for me. Plus, I got Hi-Fi Rush coming out in a few weeks any way, so I ain't crying about it.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I noticed. I might sit this one out as Souls-likes don't do it for me. Plus, I got Hi-Fi Rush coming out in a few weeks any way, so I ain't crying about it.
Yeah I saw that one being advertised on psn, I thought I heard it was an xbox exclusive or something. Either way I plan on trying it out.

Did you like Sekiro btw? Cause the perfect parry thing she has seemed inspired by it, which is not entirely the same as traditional souls like combat, so you may like that one.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Did you like Sekiro btw? Cause the perfect parry thing she has seemed inspired by it, which is not entirely the same as traditional souls like combat, so you may like that one.
Thought about it, but no. Lies of P also takes the Sekiro Parry too. That's two Korean games that did this now.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.

It's bad.

Movement is sluggish and awkward, combat unresponsive, defense timing unclear, platform is janky. It fails in everything it's trying to do except making the characters hot.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.

It's bad.

Movement is sluggish and awkward, combat unresponsive, defense timing unclear, platform is janky. It fails in everything it's trying to do except making the characters hot.
I remember when I was younger, I learnt quite quickly to be very wary of anything advertised with hot women.
Occasionally they might surprise you, but usually if it's front and centre, that's all they've got. I treat it as negative advertising.

Last edited: