Strangest glitch you've ever encountered in a game.

Bowstring

May 30, 2008
My best glitch comes from (surprise surprise) Oblivion. In Sheogorath's Shrine quest it rains burning dogs, which usually die on impact. But the thing is, this time, all the dogs survived. So there was around 20 dogs running around, on fire, attacking all the villagers, who in turn also caught fire. It basically turned into a huge battlefield, reminiscent of a few scenes from LOTR.

gamebrain89

May 29, 2008
Bowstring said:
My best glitch comes from (surprise surprise) Oblivion. In Sheogorath's Shrine quest it rains burning dogs, which usually die on impact. But the thing is, this time, all the dogs survived. So there was around 20 dogs running around, on fire, attacking all the villagers, who in turn also caught fire. It basically turned into a huge battlefield, reminiscent of a few scenes from LOTR.
yeah that was a particularly glitchy quest.

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
In Sid Meier's Pirates!, the latest version on the PC, there was a glitch where a lot of the characters rendered improperly and looked like the T-1000.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
There is a rumor that you can skip the final level in Bioshock, but I havent encounterd the glitch yet.

UpInSmoke

May 14, 2008
JOE COOL said:
There is a rumor that you can skip the final level in Bioshock, but I havent encounterd the glitch yet.
I skipped the final level in bioshock, but it wasn't a glitch. It was more of a GTA-came-out type of thing.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
in GTA Vice City Stories there was a car parked underneath a bringde. I don't mean on the road I mean on the actual bottom of the bridge, parked upside down. I shot it when there were no cars around and in one shot (ak-47) it fell to the ground and blew up. after that there was NO traffic, there was aprked cars but no traffic except one taxi that was missing one light, the dorr would shut, and was a little beat up. that was it, no cops or helicopters and cops on foot were rare too. it was quite nice bareling down the roads at high speeds without having to worry about old grannies in SUVs.

in Battlefield 1942 I was playing Kursk in single player and my smg (I forget what the russian one's called) suddenly because incredibly powerful for no reason, it destroyed a tank in 17 rounds...it was really weird and it never happened again...it was very odd but very entertaining. I shot a guy once and he went flying arms-a-flailin halfway across the map...*evil laugh*...I miss it...

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
The Developer's console in any game using Source. I win.
] bind j "lol"
] User data overflow detected
] Your IP has been banned from this server.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Wilkopops said:
Got to be MissingNo hasn't it?
I mean come on, who didn't read about it then immediately go for it on Red and Blue? I heard there was actually a Yellow version which someone found that could be operated a different way.

As I understand it, MissingNo was used as a filler for Pokemon in battle during testing, in order to test sprites or to test battle mechanics or something. When the game was released, the makers deleted all aspects of the MissingNo test, except for some design layers on the Cinnabar coast, which were the same design layers used to trigger the MissingNo fight during testing. Am I right there?

Other glitches...well Glitch City in Pokemon again, always a laugh. Half of the fun of that game was exploiting glitches.
True. Fun Glitches.

Oh, and in Yellow, I found it near the S.S. Anne. Basically, die in the SS Anne after getting the Cut HM, and the ship does not leave. Return with surf, and use it on the docks (unreachable area between SS Anne and Vermillion City) and it will appear in a random battle.

I don't know if this is the right way to go about it, but that's how I did it.

Then there's the "Bad Egg" glitch in Ruby/Sapphire, which is basically MissingNo. for hackers.

And my gameboy got hit with a cricket ball once, and my Silver Version automatically converts my pokemon into Lv 177 Kinglers (Nicknamed tdfg54???) with Hyper Beam and Softboiled.

Yeah, those are the glitches I found in Pokemon.

There are others, but nothing beats the Halo 2 scorpion thing (viewed page 4) that I mentioned earlier, on the hilarity factor. More people died from flying scorpion than anything else in that game.

Rob Sharona

May 29, 2008
I remember doing a 100% run through Super Mario 64, and getting each star in order. It was very satisfying, up until the point where I reached Dire Dire Docks and attempted the 'Pole Jumping For Red Coins' star.

When I arrived at the correct area, the moving poles above the water simply were not there, and didn't reappear no matter what I tried; restarts, seeing if they were invisible, etc.

Seeing as there was no other way of getting these red coins my 100% run through became impossible, leaving me with about 50 stars and no reason to continue. Bugger.

Also, hello. I'm Rob, I'm 23, I'm English, I used to be a games tester for EA, I'm a big Nintendo fan but mostly seem to only play COD4 or GTAIV, and I'm stoked to finally find a gaming forum filled with articulate, open minded gamers rather than the screaming fanboy turds you usually find. Marvelous.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
I remeber riding a steed in Oblivion, riding down a hill and the suddenly I was off the ground. It would seem that my horse had become Pegasus. It was awesome, until I got off and fell to my death.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
I'm sure it's a design feature and not a glitch but while playing GTA 4 I noticed that whatever car you're in at the time suddenly becomes much more common (good idea Rockstar. No, really). So whilst driving in a Coquette in a run-down slums area I found a street with no less than 20 parked Coquettes.

While playing co-op Halo (Assault on the Control Room) my friend and I charged past a group of grunts and into a new loading zone. All the grunts behind us had frozen. We experimented with them. Melees would kill them but they wouldn't move. Ditto with bullets. Plasma grenades would stick to them and flame forever, with an infinite fuse. We also discovered that running back to the loading point would spur the grunts back into motion, and in whatever state we had left them in (ie, if they'd been hit they would fall and die, if they'd been stuck they would explode.). We had a good 30 minutes of fun messing around with them- "ghost killing" them, setting up huge explosions we rarely survived, etc.

Oh, and in Oblivion I lost Shadowsteed to some stupid glitch. It seems every one of my friends suffered this fate too.

Schiggy

Apr 17, 2008
ahh yes the freezing glitch on halo. thanks for reminding me. that one's really easy to do in assault on the control room after they give you the tank. all you have to do is make sure the marines are on foot and drive through the loading point called rolling thunder. for anyone who's never tried it frozen marines + needles + frags and/or plasma grenades = flying pink screaming hillarious explosions.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
There was a bug in City of Heroes that would generate mission maps that had openings that actually opened out into blank space. If you happened to step over the edge your character would fall continuously forever until either a teammate warped you out or you logged out (kicks you out of the mission).

Damn annoying

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
well im surprised no one has mentioned wave dashing in smash bros melee. that was literally a game changing glitch that just made that game rediculous and meant that if you wanted to be good you had to cheat. damn them and thank jeebus that they got rid of it in brawl.

p.s. welcome rob, hope you stay around youll find an intelligent community here who occasiounally start troll burning threads that spiral into DnD threads and have quite the sense of humor. also cool to see we have some people from the industry here.

RubberChickenMan

May 26, 2008
i chopped a guy in half in dark sector and when i approached his body i couldnt find the upper half then when i entered the next room i saw his upper body stuck in a wal. i can see his face shoulders and arms.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Dawn of War.

Apart from the 'Holy icon refunds for more than it costs' glitch in Soulstorm (cursed SoB! flamers and cheats? someone's been talking to the emperor!)

I once built the avatar of khaine as eldar, and it was blown to smithereens by an invading force within seconds if its construction...

However, at my secondary base, a glitch of awesomeness had occured! my units built instantly, reinforced instantly and my squad cap had no effect!

both faster building and increased cap are effects of the avatar, and as i swamped into oblivion my foes under a thousand insta-reinforced guardian squads... it was... beautiful

Mephistophilis

Jun 1, 2008
The soul trap custom spell glitch in Morrowind could lead to interesting results, if you combined it with any stat boost then it would be effectively permanent and could be stacked, resulting in characters so fast that they'll run through several walls when you try to move forward, and so acrobatic when you jump they'll hit the atmosphere and hang there for a minute or so becuse the game thinks they should still be going up. Also used this glitch to punch god kings Vivec and Dagoth Ur to Death, ah fun times.