Strangest/Most uncalled for messages you've received whilst playing online

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
Well, there I was playing Gears of War 3 deathmatch online, and the last enemy was downed in front of me. Without thinking I shot him and finished him off. The game ended. But then I received three angry messages from my team mates (which was all of the other players on my team considering I was playing with my brother) saying how I stole 'their kill' and calling me a kill stealing c**t. I'm not adverse to the odd angry message online but, firstly this was the whole of the team who got angry and secondly, I stole the kill from my brother who I was playing splitscreen with.
There was also this other time where me and my friend both recieved messages from this guy, detailing what he'd sexually do to a sheep. Unlike him I won't go into any detail.

So what messages have you received whilst you've been playing online?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I don't play online. That said, one of my Steam friends accidentally sent me a message meant for... someone else.

Much squick and therapy followed.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
As a female, I tend to get very...creepy messages. Well first it starts with friend requests. Anytime I go to a server I've never been to before and use my mic, I usually get at least one request. Then the messages start to arrive. I was once told if I was ever in the area of Southern Pennsylvania to send them a message. Yeah, sure thing pal. Also, I once mentioned my boyfriend in-game, and one person who I'm friends with (mostly because they are so depressed I'm scared to un-friend him) asked if he could kill my boyfriend.

But usually it's just the typical trolling. You know, "Do you have boobs?" "How big are they?" "Tits or gtfo" "Go make me a sandwich" "Wanna see my dick?" "How often do you wash your vagina?" "Get back in the kitchen." All so adorably pathetic it almost makes the servers more fun.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
JackandTom said:
Well, there I was playing Gears of War 3 deathmatch online, and the last enemy was downed in front of me. Without thinking I shot him and finished him off. The game ended. But then I received three angry messages from my team mates (which was all of the other players on my team considering I was playing with my brother) saying how I stole 'their kill' and calling me a kill stealing c**t. I'm not adverse to the odd angry message online but, firstly this was the whole of the team who got angry and secondly, I stole the kill from my brother who I was playing splitscreen with.
There was also this other time where me and my friend both recieved messages from this guy, detailing what he'd sexually do to a sheep. Unlike him I won't go into any detail.

So what messages have you received whilst you've been playing online?
People calling me a ''******'' on the Uncharted 3 Beta, that's really about it, partly because I don't play online that much *I don't go NEAR Battlefield or CoD* and also partly because (what with being a 14 year old boy who's voice hasn't cracked) I'm hesitant with using a headset when doing random matchmaking.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Lilani said:
As a female, I tend to get very...creepy messages. Well first it starts with friend requests. Anytime I go to a server I've never been to before and use my mic, I usually get at least one request. Then the messages start to arrive. I was once told if I was ever in the area of Southern Pennsylvania to send them a message. Yeah, sure thing pal. Also, I once mentioned my boyfriend in-game, and one person who I'm friends with (mostly because they are so depressed I'm scared to un-friend him) asked if he could kill my boyfriend.

But usually it's just the typical trolling. You know, "Do you have boobs?" "How big are they?" "Tits or gtfo" "Go make me a sandwich" "Wanna see my dick?" "How often do you wash your vagina?" "Get back in the kitchen." All so adorably pathetic it almost makes the servers more fun.
Join the club of Misunderstood Online Gaming Minorities (The MOGM club...... eh I'll come up with a better abbrieviation later)

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
I got a random one after a game of MW2 that just said "Nice primary tube fuckface." Eloquent and to the point. I think I only used the noob tube about three times but it must have been on him every time. It was kinda strange really.

Cridhe

May 24, 2011
"stupid f*ggot the Bruins didn't deserve the f*cking cup you're just another boston piece of trash. come voice chat with me stupid f*aggot"

This was after beating a guy named CanucksDude in Halo Reach's new hockey mode.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
See, I think this is partially the reason that I don't tend to like playing online. If I am, I'm usually a total mouse, heh. For the same reason.

x

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
I tend to stick to my clans, servers. Where all is pretty and I have the ban/kick/mute under my hotkeys.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I don't play online a whole ton, honestly I don't feel like getting messages about sandwiches and all that bullshit, but if I do I tend to only mutter obscenities.

weker

May 27, 2009
I got one recently today after telling a kid on LOL to start calling miss, his reply was "you suck GO PLAY CHESS" I was pissing my self laughing on skype.

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
Once on a game Battlefield BC2(which I always play in a squad with the same three friends, we're really good together), on the map "Isla Innocentes," eight out of twelve players on the enemy team (these eight were all in the same clan) started sending all the members of my squad rather vulgar messages insulting our us, our families and threatening to do all sorts of horrible, violent things to us. All because me and one friend kept shooting down their UH-60s (which they all kept piling into, giving us tons of points and kills each time) while the other two would pick off any infantry that tried to advance down the road or assault in boats.

Other than that I don't really have many stories that stand out in my mind, the only games I play in public online are Battlefield on PC and Xbox and the occasional match of GTA IV. Everything else I play in private matches with friends.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Getting yelled at for not standing their and taking damage well enough while playing World of Warcraft part of the reason I left. (It may not be strange for that game I still consider it strange in general.)

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Not necessarily the strangest message, but a few years ago I got whispered by the hunter Classleader of a guild I was applying to.

I still don't get why, but he started insulting me, even though I was pretty sure we never talked before.

One screenshot mailed to a RL friend who happened to be officer in the same guild brought a lot of satisfaction.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I once got a very angry message and voice mail from a guy after a game of Halo Reach. The message called me a newb for using the Energy Sword and the voice message called me a hacker because of my high gamer score. To be fair I didn't feel like playing on Sword Base for the tenth time and also if the weapon is on the goddam map I am going to use it. Its like people who complain whenever their killed by a Rocket Launcher on Reflection. Their are no vehicles, what do you want to do? Stare at the fucking thing.

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
Combat Arms, some kid on the mic. He had some kind of nasally british accent. Ugh...

"HOLY SHIT DUDE! What the flipping fucking hell man? That's F*CKING IMPOSSIBLE. WHAT THE F*CK? You f*cking shot me with a goddamn L96...WHATEVER THE F*CK IT'S CALLED FROM THAT RANGE? F*CK YOU! F*CK ALL THESE F*CKING ONE HIT SNIPER F*CKING RIFLES! GET A GODDAMN AK-74 YOU F*CKING SNIPER NOOB. Oh, great. GREAT. Yeah, just run away. LEMME INFECT YOU, F*CKER. I'M THE F*CKING ZOMBIE, STOP...WHAT THE F*CK? MINES? Are you F*KING KIDDING ME? HOLY SHIT YOU PU*SY! BE A MAN AND SHOOT ME, DON'T HIDE BEHIND YOUR GODDAMN MI-

WHAAAAAAAT THEE FUU*****U***CK! YOU HAVE A F**KING MINIGUN? F*CK THIS YOU F*KING NEXON HACKING F*CK SHIT TITTY TWISTING ASS ******! F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK YOUR 1V1, F*CK IT ALL! JESUS GODDAMN CHRIST, SCREW YOU!"

At this point, I had started playing the Lucky Star anime theme song full blast into my mic. After about a minute...

*Guy logs off.*

I have it all on fraps :D. We were originally playing in an eight-player Quarantine game, but the other six players left, so it was me vs him. I just hid on the far reaches of the map, droppin' mines and shootin' him with my sniper. If he got close, I'd blast 'im off the ledge with the 1-day minigun I got from a gray box. Oh god, it was hilarious.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Cridhe said:
"stupid f*ggot the Bruins didn't deserve the f*cking cup you're just another boston piece of trash. come voice chat with me stupid f*aggot"

This was after beating a guy named CanucksDude in Halo Reach's new hockey mode.
LAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
My day. Has been made.
Thank you sir.

OP: I've gotten some rather interesting rage mail while playing MW2, but one time this guy accused me of being a quickscoper, when I don't even know how to quickscope properly. Yes, I was sniping, but I was being a traditional camp-a-single-alley sniper.
Another one, was this guy who said I only used OP guns, so thats why I was doing so well (it was during S&D, and I only died twice in 7 rounds)
So, to spite him, I used a different assault rifle every round for the next game, and still mopped the floor with him (which was actually kinda tricky, since half of the assault rifles in MW2 are balls, and I didn't have any attachments for some of them)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
let it be known that both of these happened during my online FPS playing prime a few years ago.

Strangest: To put this story into perspective I used to have a really high voice and people would confuse me for a girl sometimes. The story begins as I was playing some Halo 3 kicking ass as usual. I usually used the mic and then some random guy started to talk to me a lot during the game and praised each of my kills as if I was jesus performing miracles, of head shots. so after the game I leave to join another group and then I receive this message.
The guy I was just playing with voice comes on the message and he says "Hey baby, I loved how you were killing all those Noobs, it made me aroused so why don't we exchange some pics of each other naked"
in writing: O_O umm you do know I'm a guy..... right?
in voice: "WHAT THE FUCK!?! YOUR A GUY!?!?! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! YOU MUST BE A GIRL! YOUR JUST TRICKING ME RIGHT!?!"
I sent him a picture of myself and told him "Im afraid so"

Most uncalled for: This one isn't as funny but basically I was destroying some guys and this noob starts to play and I basically kill him 10 times in a row before the game ends. He then writes me a message filled with racism, sexism, insults my parents, calls me a hacker, and wishes me a horrible death! I would write what it was but I can't remember it D:

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I only use the mic when i'm in a party, but i got sent a message calling me a "fucking little noob" after i left the match because i was using my Lambo Murcielago in a competitive game online in Driver: San Francisco. Yeah.. i'm level 50, you're level 3, and i'm the noob? REALLY?!

It baffles me how entitled some people think they are. Like the onus is on me to use the same shitty equipment as them because they haven't bothered to level up yet. If balance was really an issue, the developer would've included level restrictive matchmaking. Don't ***** to me about fairness when i had to go through the same shit as you to earn what i have.

Oh, right. And a time when i played Medal of Honor online. I had a bunch of teammates keep trying to stand in front of my sights to block my view and send me angry messages saying "FUCKING PLAY THE FUCKING GAME DONT FUCKING STAND THERE CAMPING YOU FUCKING IDIOT CAPTURE THE FUCKING FLAGS OR FUCK OFF"

Er... okay, but you do realise i'm a sniper, riiight? What am i supposed to do, run up to the capture point and slap the opposing team to death with the butt of my rifle? Hey, i hear pistols match up so well against assault rifles!