Street Fighter VI - 3rd Strike Times Two.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
The Japanese ads always hit different lol.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So I actually preordered the game, wasn't sure if I'd get it but decided to jump in. Anyone here interested in maybe having some matches? Gonna be mainly running Jamie and JP I believe. Though I may go back to my childhood and try Blanka too for old time's sake.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So the review embargo is up and there's like 30+ of em already, the average is like 93 at the time of this post. Pretty amazing for a classic fighting game lol.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So the review embargo is up and there's like 30+ of em already, the average is like 93 at the time of this post. Pretty amazing for a classic fighting game lol.
Yeah the game is reviewing pretty well. Diablo 4's embargo is up today at some point to. Should be a pretty fun weekend for people considering System Shock along that too.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The Japanese ads always hit different lol.

Never seen a female with cauliflower ear. In the world of fighting, is it generally considered a badge of honor, being deformed? Like, personally I’d rather just have gnarly scars on my face than that monstrosity, which is almost certainly the result of a cheap shot. Plus it just doesn’t sound fun to deal with.

A deformity of the outer ear that may occur after injury to the ear.
Cauliflower ear may occur when blood that collects in the outer ear after an injury isn't drained properly or becomes infected. Common causes include injuries from sports, such as wrestling, boxing, or mixed martial arts.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
So here's what I'm gathering from reading a couple reviews:
1- Overall, extremely positive, as expected.
2- The three things I care about: general fight "feel" and how the systems (Drive whatevers) integrate with the traditional moves and strategies; how the new characters play; and matchmaking,- are all highly praised.
3- The stuff I don't care about so much- World Tour and the "story" or whatever- is, like, meh.

So... awesome! I mean, it's pretty great that there is much anticipated game and it was hyped but hyped with hands-on playing and enthusiasm from game journos that actually know and it is on track to meet that hype!
Definitely an opening weekend purchase for me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The stuff I don't care about so much- World Tour and the "story" or whatever- is, like, meh.
Like I said before, there's nothing wrong that, but the is really for casual gamers, or those trying to ease themselves into the combat. They're hardcore fans they're going to play this too, but it's obviously known that the casuals are the ones who make or break these games on sale figures. Not the hardcore or tournament crowd. I forgot to mention this, but this isn't even the first time Capcom has done a world tour mode in a Street Fighter game. Various versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3 have done this. Sega 🪐 Saturn, Playstation, Dreamcast, and PSP. The PlayStation and Sega Saturn version are considered the best, because of how it works. The PS1 version is based off the Saturn version. You pick the character, go around the map and fight, and you could either upgrade their super bars, or use the experience and modify your frame hits, or links into different combos. The Dreamcast and the PSP (it's WT is based off the Dreamcast port) versions are considered worse, cuz they play nothing like the World Tour mode in the other two versions. Still doesn't make sense why Capcom did this.

I already know World Tour is going to be great for this game. You get a Shenmue/Yakuza open maps expiration, and can fight nearly anybody and everybody. And you get all these cool additional bonus moves within the game mode yourself, by exploring or just goofing around. This will greatly extend the replay value & lifetime of Street Fighter 6.

Last edited:

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Like I said before, there's nothing wrong that, but the is really for casual gamers, or those trying to ease themselves into the combat. They're hardcore fans they're going to play this too, but it's obviously known that the casuals are the ones who make or break these games on sale figures. Not the hardcore for tournament crowd. I forgot to mention this, but this isn't even the first time Capcom has done a world tour mode in a Street Fighter game. Various versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3 have done this. Sega 🪐 Saturn, Playstation, Dreamcast, and PSP. The PlayStation and Sega Saturn version are considered the best, because of how it works. The PS1 version is based off the Saturn version you pick the character go around the map and fight, and you could either upgrade their super bars, or use the experience and modify your frame hits, or links into different combos. The Dreamcast and the PSP (it's WT is based off the Dreamcast port) versions are considered worse, cuz they play nothing like the World Tour mode in the other two versions. Still doesn't make sense why Capcom did this.

I already know World Tour is going to be great for this game. You get a Shenmue/Yakuza open maps expiration, and can fight nearly anybody and everybody. And you get all these cool additional bonus moves within the game mode yourself, by exploring or just goofing around. This will greatly extend the replay value & lifetime of Street Fighter 6.
Yep, I don't disagree, I was merely expressing my own subjective feelings about it.
It's just been so long where I had serious hype for a game coming out. I mean... I bought a whole freaking separate controller! And I plan to buy it on release day (or as close to it as I can).

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Never seen a female with cauliflower ear. In the world of fighting, is it generally considered a badge of honor, being deformed? Like, personally I’d rather just have gnarly scars on my face than that monstrosity, which is almost certainly the result of a cheap shot. Plus it just doesn’t sound fun to deal with.

A deformity of the outer ear that may occur after injury to the ear.
Cauliflower ear may occur when blood that collects in the outer ear after an injury isn't drained properly or becomes infected. Common causes include injuries from sports, such as wrestling, boxing, or mixed martial arts.
She's a 13 time olympic gold medalist in grekoroman wrestling, lady is badass beyond belief. Undefeated in any competition for 15 years.

And yeah I learned of the condition on one of the more MMA-focused Rogan shows, it's definitely a show that you gave it your all.

So here's what I'm gathering from reading a couple reviews:
1- Overall, extremely positive, as expected.
2- The three things I care about: general fight "feel" and how the systems (Drive whatevers) integrate with the traditional moves and strategies; how the new characters play; and matchmaking,- are all highly praised.
3- The stuff I don't care about so much- World Tour and the "story" or whatever- is, like, meh.

So... awesome! I mean, it's pretty great that there is much anticipated game and it was hyped but hyped with hands-on playing and enthusiasm from game journos that actually know and it is on track to meet that hype!
Definitely an opening weekend purchase for me.
Yeah these are my thoughts pretty much as well. One thing I like about the rpg mode is how you unlock artwork for doing quests for the characters as well as additional costumes (which usually you would have to buy as dlc). That's the kinda thing that gets a completionist like me to play modes. I beat senran kagura burst 4 times over to get all the gallery mode art lol.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
World Tour Mode is basically the real Final Fight 4. It takes place in Metro City, the Mad Gear gang are still active, and the fights are on a 2.5D plane. I'm okay with this, but I would not mind if a new Final Fight game came out later. Here's hoping Cody, Guy, Poison, and Hugo show up in the Season 2 Pass.

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Manon is Doflamingo from One Piece, Marissa is Kiryu, and Kim lost the silly jacket and looks less goofy and her hair looks nicer too, I could do without the visor but that's nitpicking at this point, and those poofy pants do "kinda" look like one type of old ninja outfit, something like this :

Also all the classic costumes are nice too. Jamie's I'm not that crazy about but I like his default costume enough as is.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This video has cemented me getting it day one, appreciate you sharing!
If I hadn't just gotten System Shock I would probably be grabbing Street Fighter day one also because of it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If I hadn't just gotten System Shock I would probably be grabbing Street Fighter day one also because of it.
I'll be getting SF6 tomorrow. No worries; enjoy and have fun with System Shock.

Manon is Doflamingo from One Piece, Marissa is Kiryu, and Kim lost the silly jacket and looks less goofy and her hair looks nicer too, I could do without the visor but that's nitpicking at this point, and those poofy pants do "kinda" look like one type of old ninja outfit, something like this :

Also all the classic costumes are nice too. Jamie's I'm not that crazy about but I like his default costume enough as is.
Kimberly's default jacket is awesome. But I do really love the alternate costume. Honestly, all of them are good. Definitely better than many of the alternates from SF5.