Study Finds Girl Gamers Are Seriously Hardcore

The Anhk24

Dec 11, 2009
This doesn't really surprise me. Ive played with some female gamers online (who kicked my butt at video games), and I know some in real life (who I'm just barely better than in some games)

CHangedUsername

Nov 10, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
No. They are not.
My Parents don't call them Pokemans.
Any kid around for pokemon in the 90s recalls it.
Or a least in my experience.

Speaking of my experience the only people who play MMOs that I know are my casual gaming friends.

But anyways, Girls play One game more than guys and suddenly we can make ridiculous claims?
The study has an incredibly dumb conclusion.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
SwmnNE1 said:
as it turns out girls are all Film buffs.

They've all seen Sex and the City several dozn times.

Protip: Spending a lot One (shit) game does not make you hardcore.
Except that it can, and does mean that. And let me point out that MMOs are some of the most time consuming and number crunching games ever made. When you're spending more time on EverQuest than you are with the real world, you're hardcore.

Are you going to tell me that the Taiwaneese player who beat World Of Warcraft [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.159114] isn't hardcore? Because he fucking is.

P.S., Film Buff and Hardcore Gamer aren't comparable like that.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
What's with the Samus screenshot? It is because Samus is a girl or something? HUH?!

You think you'd use something like this:
I like this one better than the Samus pic.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
SwmnNE1 said:
Aura Guardian said:
No. They are not.
My Parents don't call them Pokemans.
Any kid around for pokemon in the 90s recalls it.
Or a least in my experience.

Speaking of my experience the only people who play MMOs that I know are my casual gaming friends.

But anyways, Girls play One game more than guys and suddenly we can make ridiculous claims?
The study has an incredibly dumb conclusion.
I don't. Never heard it until now.

Your experience=/=fact.

Maybe to you.

CHangedUsername

Nov 10, 2009
Whats the difference between a buff and an enthusiast?
The only thing I can see is a buff is more knowledgeable.

Both are applicable to gaming and film.

This study shows girls play some game (that is time consuming) more then guys.
How often do these girls play other games? How wide are their interests?

I have no problem with female gamers but making these sort of claims based off this study is ludicrous

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Hmm Everquest is a terrible base for this poll. We need to find the percentage of REAL girl gamers. LIke actual women.

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
So people playing a terrible mmo says something about gaming as a whole? God I hate how people twist statistics...

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Interesting indeed, but your going on an average right? There can't be that many female gamers out there. So you average like 4 people and you get a higher number than when you average like 300 guys. That's not science that's just misreading math.

Not that it matters to me, I don't play Everquest. We all know that MMORPGs are not hardcore.

Wow, I am a real misogynist/elitist. I feel bad about that.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
violentstatistics said:
It's called penis envy :D
Probably more accurate than you might think.

Sociologically speaking, women have to work harder than men to achieve the same status in traditional 'male only' things (games would be yet another example in theory).

Since more effort is required (again, in theory) this would technically mean that women may be more compotent than men at their 'level' (or this could just be the usual rabid feminist rant that women are always hard done by and that everything with a penis is automatically the zenith of all things evil).

Dan Shive

Jun 9, 2008
An Everquest 2 survey? Really? Of course there are a large percentage of women. I thought this was old news.