Stuff You Believe in that Doesn't Officially Exist

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Liquidacid23 said:
intelligent, rational, civil people on internet chat boards ...
You rang?

OT: Ghosts. I know shows like Ghost Hunters make them look unlikely, but still. I'm all for the idea of people who don't move on.

Kiba The Wolf

Aug 7, 2009
-EL Chupacabra
Hence, my user name

- Mothman: So interesting

- Aliens: I find it to hard to believe that there is no life out there

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
I will continue believing in spirit energy until I've totally given up on mastering the kamehameha technique. = /

Also fish, I believe in fish.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Liquidacid23 said:
intelligent, rational, civil people on internet chat boards ...
Well the escapist is as close as it gets to that.

Sure theres a lot of annoying sarcasm when someone doesnt agree with your post but its not as bad as like IGN or other gaming sites.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Ampersand said:
I will continue believing in spirit energy until I've totally given up on mastering the kamehameha technique. = /

Also fish, I believe in fish.
I think the eastern religions are into the spirit energy concept, but Im not really sure.

Like chi or something

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
VincentX3 said:
interspark said:
VincentX3 said:
Missingno.... Here's out there waiting to corrupt you when you least expect it
That is all..
and if i were to leap at him and "catch" him, i'd promptly have my "save file" erased and become a baby?
That depends..
Is the reward worth the price?

You decide
KILL IT! KILL IT! I NEED MORE RARE CANDIES!!!!
Ever been to Glitch town?

OT: Other Dimensions. The people there are watching us

May 5, 2010
1. Aliens. You've all heard the reasoning; the universe is just too big for them NOT to be out there somewhere.
2. Some kind of "God". I don't buy into any organized religion, but I don't see how the universe, much less intelligent life, could have come about without some kind of intelligent force behind it.

Archeopterix

Jun 28, 2004
I really would like to believe in lake monsters but I think that they are more of a tourist trap mythos than any undiscovered creature. It's odd that any lake that supposedly has them (eg the Okanagen in Canada and Loch ness, as 2 examples) has certain things in common: there are many caverns and caves at the bottom on the lake so it can't be dredged properly, and that sightings seem to happen is waves of lots of sightings then none, suggesting an animal that might hibernate or bruminate at certain life stages. It has been said that loch Ness doesn't have enough animal life to support a large animal but if the animal went into a stasis at certain times that would explain it. "Tourist Trap" though is I think more likely, and those are cheesey fun.

theheroofaction said:
Just so you guys know, minotaurs are biologically possible.

Yeah I think minotaurs exist, but only because some jerk decides he likes banging cows.
No bovine and primate (human) can cross-breed and create offspring, let alone fertile offspring. The DNA is too different. So even if there are a few sickos out there that really like cows, it's just not going to happen. Same for other non-primate animals. It's specualted that infertile offspring could be created from a Bobobo chimp and a human but it's unethical to perform the experiment.

Ekonk said:
Extraterrestrial life, and giant squids.
There has never been any question to the existence of giant squids, dead specimens have been found many times. It's just that a live specimen hasn't ever been seen until recent years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_squid

RevRaptor said:
[snip]
Scepticism towards the idea of truly huge squids has weakened recently. Now, scientists think that the Antarctic species of squid called Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni actually grows much bigger than the giant squid. They don't have proof of this yet, as the only complete specimens of Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni have been juveniles, but the size of these babies suggests that really big adults are out there. In recognition of this, Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni has recently been given the common name of "colossal squid."
They did pull up an adult colossal squid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Squid

HankMan said:
An indecent Canadian
I know this cryptoid, his name is Dave and he is very unpleasant to be around.

EBonhawk09

Nov 1, 2010
schiZm22 said:
Extraterrestrial Life. Because when there is something like 3*10^23 stars out there, and apparently a good percentage of them have planets, it just seems statistically inevitable.
Definitely this. And maybe a little bit of the Ancient Astronaut Theory.

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
theheroofaction said:
Hero in a half shell said:
theheroofaction said:
Just so you guys know, minotaurs are biologically possible.

Yeah I think minotaurs exist, but only because some jerk decides he likes banging cows.
What?! I'm pretty sure its impossible to cross breed humans and cows. Otherwise... well lets not think about that. *Puts on nerd hat* And anyway, the Minotaur was originally a single unique mythical creature owned by King Minos of Crete, not a species of creatures.
Hey, I've seen the results of multiple species fucking, yes different species can reproduce, but their children wouldn't be able to.
And hey, some guy would probably have liked the minotaur story enough to bang a cow.
Species such as tigers and lions, yes. Species such as donkeys and horses, yes. See a trend? Similarity. Humans aren't very much like cows...

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Umm... I believe in nothing that doesn't "officially" exist. I guess that's kind of a boring thing to say. But hey, I can tell the difference between Whizzo Butter and a dead crab.