Stuff You Believe in that Doesn't Officially Exist

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
schiZm22 said:
Extraterrestrial Life. Because when there is something like 3*10^23 stars out there, and apparently a good percentage of them have planets, it just seems statistically inevitable.
My thoughts exactly. I don't really believe in dragons, but they would be pretty bad ass if they were real.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Probably most noteworthy, God. But not the man-in-the-clouds God, just a presence. Something that is, and is only being because. It gets a bit... I don't think "existential" is the right word, but sorta.

Other than that, dragons. Just cause.

Oh, and aliens, but I've always held the position that I think we may be more technologically advanced than the other guys. But I digress.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Liquidacid23 said:
theheroofaction said:
Hero in a half shell said:
theheroofaction said:
Just so you guys know, minotaurs are biologically possible.

Yeah I think minotaurs exist, but only because some jerk decides he likes banging cows.
What?! I'm pretty sure its impossible to cross breed humans and cows. Otherwise... well lets not think about that. *Puts on nerd hat* And anyway, the Minotaur was originally a single unique mythical creature owned by King Minos of Crete, not a species of creatures.
Hey, I've seen the results of multiple species fucking, yes different species can reproduce, but their children wouldn't be able to.
And hey, some guy would probably have liked the minotaur story enough to bang a cow.
Why do people keep bringing up the "different species can't cross breed" crap... has no one ever seen a mule or a hinny? WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR THE MULE!!!!!
also some interspecies crosses can breed.. while all male mules are infertile some, it's rare, female mules aren't ...
*Sigh* you can ATTEMPT to breed with a cow or a horse, or a squid if you want, but the genetic difference will be so great that NO OFFSPRING will be produced. Ok?
If an embryo is even formed it will be destroyed...... the only possible human hybrids are with monkeys, like chimps and such.

andeve3

Jul 14, 2010
I try not to believe in unfalsifiable claims, or claims not yet proven within reasonable doubt.

I also believe that i do believe in unproven claims, i am just not conscious of my belief in them.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
wammnebu said:
OblivionRegained said:
Gordon Freeman. Its not official as of yet but...
he must have been the one who pushes the cart into the collider
rofl!

I believe in santa and fairies and all things magic becuase hey why not. It's not like it's hurting anyone :3 and it makes me smile!

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
interspark said:
Fairies, Unicorns, Dragons, Griffons, Centaurs, any animal or thing that has never been confirmed to exist but you believe does,

personally, I think Krakons exist, I think the sea is easily big enough for there to be something huge down there that we haven't spotted yet, and let's not forget that there are depths of the ocean that humans can never reach but creatures as big as blue whales venture to daily. Also I think that, by the power of statistics, no-one can logically deny the existance of aliens

so what about you?
Humans have been to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, the deepest place in the ocean. So yeah, kraken almost certainly don't exist, but proof will definitely come.

Archeopterix

Jun 28, 2004
Abengoshis said:
theheroofaction said:
Hero in a half shell said:
theheroofaction said:
Just so you guys know, minotaurs are biologically possible.

Yeah I think minotaurs exist, but only because some jerk decides he likes banging cows.
What?! I'm pretty sure its impossible to cross breed humans and cows. Otherwise... well lets not think about that. *Puts on nerd hat* And anyway, the Minotaur was originally a single unique mythical creature owned by King Minos of Crete, not a species of creatures.
Hey, I've seen the results of multiple species fucking, yes different species can reproduce, but their children wouldn't be able to.
And hey, some guy would probably have liked the minotaur story enough to bang a cow.
Species such as tigers and lions, yes. Species such as donkeys and horses, yes. See a trend? Similarity. Humans aren't very much like cows...
You used the examples I was thinking of. The key word there is SPECIES. Species that share the same Genus (the category above species on the taxonony list) can produce infertile offspring. Sub-species can sometimes produce fertile offspring.

That's why horses can mate with other members of the Genus Equidae and have infertile offspring such as mules (horse+donkey), (zorses (zebra+ horse), zonkeys (donkey + zebra), etc. You can't cross different Genus or anything above that and have any offspring, thats is why there are no horse-cows or dog-cats or horse-cats or monkey-squids (or minotaurs).

The reason that the offspring is not fertile is that horses and donkeys and zebras all have different numbers of chromosomes and so the baby has an odd number of chromosones. This follows through with all cross-species animals like ligers and tigons. But if a viable embryo of the same genus is implanted into the womb of one of these cross-species, the mother will be pregnant and often be able to bring the baby to term and even nurse it.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I'm on the alien bandwagon. The universe is too big for us to be alone. I just also believe the universe is too big for us to actually meet those life forms.

Also, angels, demons, and my mind isn't made up on ghosts. Evidence has been inconclusive in my eyes. I have yet to encounter one or meet someone who has, but I can't shake the possibility they exist.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Extraterrestrial life. I'm skeptical about the idea that they've visited us (since that's very unlikely), but considering the size of the universe it's pretty much a statistical certainty that they're out there somewhere.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
OblivionRegained said:
Gordon Freeman. Its not official as of yet but...
i have further proof of your theory
this is a friend of mine, i've handily photoshopped his head onto Gordons body
he's so busted

C.S.Strowbridge

Jul 22, 2010
schiZm22 said:
Extraterrestrial Life. Because when there is something like 3*10^23 stars out there, and apparently a good percentage of them have planets, it just seems statistically inevitable.
This is probably the one one I'd agree with. However, I don't think we are being visited by aliens.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Krakens? Sure.
Aliens? Maybe, but not space-traveling super races. More like insects and such.

That's about it. If there are Krakens, I hope they feast on Blue Whales, and guard Atlantis.

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
I believe in Chi energy, and I believe the monk that said that karma's just a funny word for cause and effect and that people misinterpret as some equalizing factor that shoots lighting and misfortune at bad people.

soul_rune1984

Mar 7, 2008
I believe in the exsistance of spirits (ghosts) and in the existance of faeries and other creatures such as dragons. Who realy can say what does and does not exist? New animal and plant speacies are found quite often in places that have yet to be fully explored both on land and in water. And, that's only on our planet. So I'm not willing to say that there's no possability of something exisiting. I may not be a religious person but I'm not going to say God (or gods) doesn't exist.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
chupacabrawolf said:
-EL Chupacabra
Hence, my user name

- Mothman: So interesting

- Aliens: I find it to hard to believe that there is no life out there
I remeber seeing a documentaire about the Chupacabra when I was 8. It scared the hell out of me and I kept having nightmares.

10 years later and I am obsessed with Cryptozoology like that. Some are legends are quite ridiculous but others could possibly exist.

Also Aliens do exist I am 99,9999% sure of it we just have to find proof some day. And if it turns out they dont exist well then this universe is boring as hell.