Stupid things you believed as a kid

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
When I was very young I used to think that animals talked to each other when we weren't around, as in spoke in Human speak.
Also got told by my mom that when i was flying on a plane at like 3 years old asking where the care bears were as I couldn't see them XD

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
My dad has always had a beard. A big dark full beard. When I was 4, he shaved it off and I didn't recognise him was was quite distraught at the stranger in the house. After I had decided that it was indeed my dad, I questioned the whereabouts of the aforementioned facial topiary. I was told, very seriously, that because it was such a windy day, the wind had blown it off his face.
I spent a good half hour in the garden looking for it.

Other than that, the usual stuff, tooth fairy, santa, that I could be a fighter pilot, or a wizard.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I used to believe that I would be able to practice black magic.
I wanted to learn to make potions and stuff.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
secretkeeper12 said:
SuperImperial said:
I was REALLY stupid as a kid. Here are some examples...
1. "Having sex is against the law".
2.:"People used to live in black and white".
3. "Atheists hate god".
4."The tooth fairy".
5."The Easter bunny".
6. "Aliens don't exist".
7."Japan and china are same country and, everything there is made out of wood"
Post date: March 20th
Conclusion: Dr. Who is real!
his post says 158 POSTED: 21 March 2013 2:30 am
Must be your regional settings, he seems to have joined around midnight (my regional settings are europe so mine may beo ff too as it seems it shows the "posted" time in your local time.

Actually the way Escapist counts time got me a bit confusing. the "Days to expo" counter actually changes days around midday for me, so i login in morning, everything fine, after im back form lucnh bam 1 day closer and i was like WTF did i just teleport into the future.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Galletea said:
My dad has always had a beard. A big dark full beard. When I was 4, he shaved it off and I didn't recognise him was was quite distraught at the stranger in the house. After I had decided that it was indeed my dad, I questioned the whereabouts of the aforementioned facial topiary. I was told, very seriously, that because it was such a windy day, the wind had blown it off his face.
I spent a good half hour in the garden looking for it.

Other than that, the usual stuff, tooth fairy, santa, that I could be a fighter pilot, or a wizard.
When I was 2 or 3 didn't speak to my mum for two weeks after she cut her hair...I was convinced she was an imposter.

My sister told me the green glow from the street lights at night were aliens coming to get me. I didn't quite believe her but I wasn't 100% sure :p

The Lesbian Flower

May 25, 2011
I believed that the reason humans outlived dogs, cats, mice, birds, really anything that was smaller than us was because their hearts beat faster than ours did. I figured that the smaller an animal was the faster its heart beats and the faster it died. I believed each animal, including humans, only had a certain number of heartbeats in their life and that once they were used up they died. Its silly to me now but it seemed logical at the time.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
There's a scene in James Bond where Mr. Bond switches wallets with a criminal he kills so certain people will think he is dead.

A very young me says to my Dad "that isn't James Bond" at that exact moment, talking about how the actor playing Bond was not the one I was used to.
My Dad replies (thinking I was talking about the movie itself) "No, they switched wallets."

For a good half a decade after that I thought you could trade lives with someone, trade jobs, trade families etc. Just by trading wallets with them.

Unstoppable Wall

May 12, 2009
I... I was afraid to ride in any seat of the car except the middle after dark... I couldn't look out the windows much either. See I was afraid of Velociraptors attacking the car, as in, legitimately afraid of it, I dunno why, I loved dinosaurs, but it scared me to death.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Mine is really bad. When I was 8 I thought women peed out of their bum. I am not joking I honestly believed it. I felt quite dumb when I learned it came out of the... the... *whisper the vagina. Which I did not know existed.

I also thought sex was just kissing naked. Then again I feel like that may be a common one.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Zenn3k said:
God is the first thing that comes to mind. What a silly and childish thing to believe.
I used to think that comments like this actually helped matters.

That Annoying Guy

Feb 21, 2012
torno said:
Also, that spiders are more scared of you than you are of them.
True? False?
I don't know but I don't believe it.

All I have to say to that is *ahem* HOLY SHIT FUCKING SHIT FUCK! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!