Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
One time my group was playing basket ball and one idiot jumps and grabs onto the ring when a teacher walks pass. He gets a warning. So the dickhead does it again as the teacher walks pass again. We all had to sit there until one of us apologized for grabbing the ring. Because it was all our fault for not stopping him. What were we meant to do. Tell on him how 1st grade, punch him and get more in trouble?

Anyway the whole group just sat there because they didn't want to get in trouble by maning up. I said fuck this and went to apologize. The teacher was shocked that I not the student who grabbed the ring was there. We were all banned from the basket ball court. For the whole year this one in Year 12.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Not eating school lunches I get constantly yelled at...that I have to eat the "food" provided by the school. To avoid yelling I go to the music room and play guitar :)

toothofymir

May 6, 2009
When I was 8, I was in my weekly art class. Teacher had gone out for something, and Id come in late. Anyway, I got really bored and fell asleep. The kid next to me thought this was funny and oppurtuinty for some mayhem, and he starts drawing dots on me with a RED pen. Teacher comes walking in (or so it goes, I was out) and starts screaming for everyone to back away. Moron thought I had chicken-pox. Marches me down to the clinic, where he tells the doctor that I need to be quarantined. She takes one look at me, grabs a towel and wets it, and the proceeds to wipe the ink of me.

The result: I get a week's suspension for "disturbing the order of the classroom". The practical joker with the pen gets off Scottfree, naturally.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
I think I got into trouble for having a smile on my face while in class, this still pisses me off because it was detention, lunch detention. I got an actual detention for turning in 7 papers to my classes, but 4 went missing because the FUCKING teacher didn't grade then lost them, so I had to theoretically make up a test that takes 1.5 hours to do, then finish 3 other papers that were about 30 minutes EACH. During both I was in 4th grade.

God, teachers, both disrespectful AND forcing no joy on students during their job.

Dagnius

May 3, 2010
I never really go into much trouble at my school....

I had this one teacher, He taught G.I.S. or Geographic Information Systems. He always tried to get me into trouble for just about anything but I always managed to argue my way out of it. Considering I was the only one in the class for at least half a year until One other joined, I guess that was his way to stay entertained.

Though I remember this one lady teacher let us use the computer lab and said 'Don't go to any other websites'. I finished what we were in there to do so I broke out my HTML folder and started working on my website that I was building from scratch during my free time at school. SURE ENOUGH she sniffed it out and was like 'I TOLD YOU NO OTHER SITES, get off the computer you cant use them anymore!' I just looked at her, brought up the notepad that I was editing from and said "can you read that? It says this is MY website and I can do what I want with it." She just shut up and was quiet for a bit, then she came back trying to give me educational advice like 'you should go to college for stuff like that'.... I just sighed. I was pretty bad at HTML and had to keep looking at guides and whatnot... though my time-killing-creation looked better than the school's home page that used some fancy publisher program or something.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
I was suspended for 2 weeks because I was given a small pack of lube and put some on the bubbler handles

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
Well, there was this one time in Study period in Year 13. Thing is, though, I had done all my exams/homework, etc, and had literally nothing to study whatsoever. So I sat there engaging in some nifty little creative writing but then the significantly pedantic teacher in charge of our Study period got up and stood over me while attempting to intimidate me into getting my non-existent schoolwork out no matter how many times I reiterated that I had none.

But that's all I can remember for now, really.

EDIT: Oh yes, one time in math class I was talking to my mate Mikey while we were doing our work when the teacher's aide decided to put an end to our conversation. Fair enough, it's not interval yet anyway, so Mikey asks me to repeat what I just said due to my characteristic mumbling at the time, so I say to him, "I'll tell you the rest during interval". Teacher's aide then confiscated what I was holding at the time (can't remember what it was) because apparently, postponing a conversation still counts as part of one.

TheMariner

Oct 20, 2009
The absolute stupidest reason I've ever gotten in trouble at school? I was eating lunch when a (at this point former) friend spilled his milk, grabbed my backpack and attempted to wipe up the milk. Needless to say, I didn't let that go on for long. A teacher later approached us and told us to clean up the milk. No one did. When I was leaving for class again, the same teacher told me specifically to clean it up. I refused, citing the fact that my backpack had been used, against my will, to attempt a cleanup.

I got two week's worth of detention...

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
In sixth grade I got sent to the principal's office for coughing loudly in a study hall. The principal actually laughed when I told her what happened, and promptly sent me back to class.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well in year 6 I got dragged into my younger brother's classroom so his teacher could tell me off for dragging him across the ground. I was apparantly 'disrespectful' towards him and if I did it again my mum would be told. I wasn't dragging him I was helping him up because for some reason he decided falling to ground was funny. Wasn't my fault he refused to get up.

EDIT: Just remembered one worse. In assembly during year 9 I think it was I had a teacher come up to me and tell me to remove what was around my wrist. I told him it was just a hair tie and he told me that if I didn't take it off I would get a detention. Yes hair ties around your wrist were against school uniform. It was even in the school colours but nope still not allowed.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
misterprickly said:
Mine Beats them all.

I was given a ONE MONTH "in school suspension" for (get ready for it) picking up a pine cone.

The Vice Principle caught me committing this heinous deed and quickly handed down this mind-bogglingly unjust sentence.

So for one month, from the moment I arrived at school to the final bell, I sat ON THE FLOOR outside his office and was therefor FORCED to repeat the fourth grade as a result of all the missed class time.

The worst part of all; My parents... Did NOT rush to my defence, instead (since they were teachers themselves) they sided with the school, so as to not show any bias.

It was a decision that has HAUNTED THEM ever since.

So the next time you feel like picking up ANYTHING... Take Uncle Prickly's advice and do it on your own time and after school; It might save some hassle.
Okay, there had to be some kind of "reason" for that. There are some dumb teachers but at least they give reasons that at least sound good out of context.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
One morning, in, I think, 10th grade, I got called to the principals office, and was utterly shocked. I literally had to ask where it was because I didn't know and had never been there.

When I got there, I had to wait before discovering what crime I had committed. Apparently, I was written up for taking candy/drinks on the bus about three times. When asked why, I simply replied that it was hot outside and I had bought drinks from the vending machines a couple times since I had some spare change. With a straight face, he asked if I would continue to buy drinks if it were hot and I had spare change. I said yes. I mean let's be honest, what idiot wouldn't? I was then sent back to class without any punishment. It was great because my teacher asked me how much time I got to which I replied, "None, I shouldn't have ever been called up there."

I still think it was the dumbest thing I ever heard. I started walking home soon after.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
I once was busted for violating the dress code because i had a TOP DAWG shirt that had a picture of a graffiti covered wall in the backround, even though that wasn't covered in the hand book. To clarify this wasn't a private school. It was just a public school that was paranoid about gangs so when the teachers saw graffiti they instantly assumed it was code for gang and i spent the rest of the day in a gym shirt.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
A girl hit me multiple times in the back of the head and neck leaving me dazed. I was suspended for 4 days.

LogieBear

Mar 19, 2010
CatharticMonkey said:
My school (a British private school) has fairly strict rules regarding uniform, which is absolutely fine, but these rules include regulation on boys' hair, too. Mine isn't particularly long but it's slightly pushing it with regards to these regulations (think Help-era Lennon: http://www.streamingoldies.com/content-images/wimh/HelpLennon.jpg ). I actually got called up once because I stayed off school after a particularly bad haircut (the head decided it was a trigger for depression for me, a matter on which I'm undecided due to various irrelevant reasons) which might give you an indication of my experiences with this particular rule and how much of an issue it became between the more senior members of staff and me.

Anyway, I was once told by one high-up that I would effectively be suspended the following Monday if I didn't get a haircut over the week-end. And at that point my hair was really not particularly long at all (even by the standards of other boys at my school). I felt that was fairly ridiculous, especially given that I excel in other areas.
Wow your lucky to get to have hair like that. My High School we were not allowed to have our hair touching our ears, it must be above the collar, and off the face. Or else we would face detentions and suspensions. Also it could'nt be any shorter than a #3 Shave or it was deemed too short and detention followed.
I was given a saturday detention for having a 'five Oclock shadow' look on my cheeks. I was 18 FFS

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
I got in trouble because I saw that the standard education in NZ is a piece of crap, and decided to not try in class. (I have been in the top class since I was 7 ("maths extension")) so I decided to do my Internal presentation in English on how Slumdog Millionaire was similar to Call of Duty, I still got a Merit :D.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Detention for peeling about 1cm of paint off a pole (that was covered with rust and peeling paint). Thats the silliest thing for me anyway.

I have seen some of my friends get in trouble for almost nothing though...pretty funny.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I have a few. You judge which is the worst.

In 8th grade I got detention for one day for saying "Hell".

In 8th grade I got sent to the vice-principal's office for disproving my science teacher. Not once, not twice, but on 4 separate occasions. I would actually raise my hand, correct her, get into an argument, get sent to said office, come back with "well you were right". I don't know why she just didn't ban me from the class and give me an A after the 3rd time.

In 10th grade I almost got expelled for having a d20 in school. We were rolling them after lunch because they would roll on the ground and bounce 3 feet in the air. A vice-principal came by and told us we were being expelled for having dice and gambling in school. The only reason we got off was because the rules specifically say "dice" and Webster defined dice as "number cubes" rather than "number icosahedron/polyhedron".

Limecake said:
or that time I microwaved a book (alright that's pretty fair, I would have felt bad if I started a fire).
I actually would have been very impressed and commended you for starting a fire by microwaving a book. Microwaves essentially work by vibrating water molecules. Paper tends to have very little water. Not to mention paper's autoignition temperature is ~840 degrees Fahrenheit, you would be hard-pressed to get anything in a microwave that hot (especially without the microwave starting to melt). It would have be like starting a fire with the opposite of a magnifying glass(a diminishing glass?). You probably know this already, just in retrospect since apparently they didn't know that.