Stupidest Reason Why You've Gotten Into Trouble In School.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
It wasn't so much getting in trouble, it was more a "What the fuck are you doing?! That could explode!" thing when I added some chemicals to a reaction while it was still being heated. (converting nitro group to amine with tin and HCl for the chem geeks) I've also exploded some glassware although no one told me off, one of the lab assistants just laughed at me.

Pyroguekenesis said:
Even the principal didn't mind it but one teacher out of the whole school gave me a detention for it....eh I didn't attend anyway.
That's called "Teacher nursing a hangover and trying to make everyone else as miserable as s/he is".

ScotRotum

Nov 11, 2009
When I was 5 I was put in detention by an old, borderline senile teacher, and she forgot. After a couple of hours when I started tapping on things she noticed me and scolded me for not telling her I was still in detention.
I have a friend how was homeschooled for a quarter of a year during elementary after a parent teacher interview were the teacher swore at the parents. The teacher's son had cancer and she took it out on everyone. Another time someone knocked over a box and the teacher assumed it was my little brother for no good reason and started yelling at him; I yelled at her then her and her friend the principle told me about how youth these days had no discipline.

During High school I couldn't finish the warm up two laps of the field, a kilometer run, and walked the last eight, and I was made to walk another two laps. Later turned out I had glandular fever which makes most people bedridden for about 8 months, I thought and my immune system had died and it was some bizarre string of colds. Felt like excrement the entire school year but still had to start each physical education lesson with a kilometer run while other people forged notes or ditched with no consequences.

On the bright side I've been in three fights and never got any trouble for it. In New Zealand if the other guy deserved a beating and threw the first punch then he just got what he deserved, and since I went through puberty at ten and the other boy still hit me he can only blame himself for me making him cry :)

Also a friend smashed a glass light tube on another friend's legs as the principle walked by, told the principle "It was for the lolz" and the principle just kept walking. That was weird.
The janitor threatened to stab another of my friends if he stood in a shrub when he stood on the perimeter of a garden.

Voiles

Feb 28, 2011
I was accused of having a knife at school, by a random kid. So, I got sent to the Principals Office. The accusation was that I had them strapped to my belt, so I show my belt, no knife. Then the principal ordered me to take off my clothes, and if I didn't I would be taken away from my parents. I told him this is totally not right, and that he'd get in big trouble for making me do it. (I was thirteen)
My Father walked in right about when I was to my boxers and socks.

Let's just say, that principal didn't work at the school long after that.

Haha!

It's all really funny thinking about it now, but man was it intense and scary in the moment of it all!

GeneralDefiance

Feb 10, 2010
in (how can i make this internationally understood.....) 5th grade? i decided to pack my own lunch and took a can of my dads beer and got a tremendous bollocking when the headteacher saw me supping at a brew in the playground and sent home after puking.

ive got waay too many stories of me getting into trouble at school, i wasnt a complete dumbass or anything i just used to get restless lol

Fenning

Jun 8, 2009
In 7th grade, a kid walked up to me and asked in a rather blatant, vulgar, and loud fashion, a question having to do with my attending to what I shall refer to as the "hygiene of a certain inappropriate body part belonging to the gender opposite of mine", directly next to a teacher and several students. In response, I said "Shutup!" to him in a moderate tone/volume, and the same teacher who had ignored the kid's vulgar question moments before came swiftly to reprehend the child responsible for uttering the almost preposterously inappropriate phrase, "shutup."

Also, the school said it would give detentions to anyone who did anything physical to anyone else, from a hug or high-five, to a jab to the face. I asked, "what if someone is being assaulted?", to which they said,"the most they can do is run, or curl up in the fetal position." I asked, "what if the attacker had a knife, gun, or other weapon?" to which they told me not to speak of inappropriate things such as guns or knives in school, lest I receive a detention.

I just LOVED that school.

Thumper17

May 29, 2009
I have you ALL beat.

In Grade 6, I got sent outside for being distracting. How was I distracting?

I sneezed too loud.

Dead serious, no other reason. I was only outside for like 3 minutes though.

Otherwise, defending myself in a fight and being punished worse then the guy who kicked my ass, that sucks.

Also, in a moment that near brought me to tears, because I was viciously bullied from grade 6 up.

My younger brother while he was in 10th grade, and he's a big boy. He saw a jackass kid bullying a small nerdy fellow. He did not like this, as he was victim to the horror stories of my bullying and knew the teachers didn't do much. He saw this happening, had seen the bully do it before, and knew nothing was getting done about it. So he walked up to this kid, and soundly beat the snot out of him. He asked the nerdy fellow if he was ok, and the nerdy fellow, almost in tears said. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

When my brother told me this, his voice hitched up. I think he may have had to hold back a tear or two. He probably put my face on that nerd.

Either way, the school basically kicked him out after that.

Fuck schools man. Fuck them.

TheDutchin

Jul 27, 2010
Ive never been sent to the principles office or gotten in trouble for anything dumb, but one time I stabbed someone in the hand with my pencil (we were friends and i warned him 30< times that id do it if he didnt leave me alone) and I didnt get sent to the principles office. Guess its just awesome to be me hahaha

EDIT: my friend actually got suspended one time for three days because he pulled me off a prick. I was beating him up because he was picking on my little brother and myself so I punched him and he fell over, my friend ran over pulled me off the guy and told me "Violence isnt the answer" he got suspended. yaa haa haaa school is awesome.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Ordinaryundone said:
rutger5000 said:
No 11 year old should ever be punished for being a smartass.
Not seriously, maybe, but honestly you gotta teach them to be civil. If it were my kids, I would certainly punish them for being deliberately difficult.
Maybe my grasp of the english language isn't good enough. How do you define being a smartass? If it is just using logic to proof the other wrong, and therby embarrasing that person. Then it should be tolerated for 11 year olds. In this senario the 11 year old took his/her time to come up with a good answer, that answer was a bit controversial making it harder for the kid to speak his/her mind. But he/she still did just do that. I find such behaviour should be stimulated.
But again my understanding of the word 'smartass' might be a bit shallow.

Woody

Mcmuffin

Apr 15, 2011
in my junior year of high school i had an english teacher that i absolutely despised. she was a stupid self righteous fat ***** that i still hate. also as i have stated before i am german and english is my second language. this is important because this woman thought i needed help with spelling so she gave me sheets of spelling homework. now you may think she was trying to be nice but twas not so, the reason behind this is because she hated me and wanted me to fail her class. you see i had scored at higher than average reading scores again and again, been published through my creative writing class and even won a writing award OVER this teacher(as in she was up for it too) so the end result was me her and my friend sitting in a class room with me saying i hadnt done my spelling homework for the 23rd time, i then proceeded to tell her i didnt fucking need to do it because i could spell anyword she told me to do. so this ***** gets the biggest smirk on her face and says "spell xenophobic" little does she know however that several years ago i learned the spelling of this word throug Galactic civilizations 2, so i spelt the word and laughed in her face when she turned around to leave in a huff. long story short, got detention for being able to spell xenophobic.

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
Once, in my Junior year of High School, I got a one week suspension (the longest my school allows before expulsion) after getting into a fight. The funny thing was, I wasn't suspended for the fight itself.

The fight (which I may have goaded the guy into, but didn't actually start) was broken up by a security guard (the school had taken to hiring ones since 9/11). At some point, he thought he heard me say the word "kill" (I may have; I tend to blackout during fights). Anyway, since he was a security guard, his word was all that mattered, and since he said I'd said "kill", I was to get the maximum punishment for a first offense (I hadn't been in trouble since Middle School).

They almost let the other kid off with nothing more than a warning (did I mention he was on the basketball team, and it was basketball season), but then I said he'd used the word "kill" as well. Of course, they didn't believe me, but I was telling the truth, and I had a witness.

After talking to the kid who'd overheard what the kid I'd been fighting said, they realized I was telling the truth. They didn't want to punish him, especially with a big game coming up, but I had a case against him and they couldn't weasel out of it. We wound up getting the same punishment.

I think that was the only time I got anything more than a severe scolding for doing anything wrong in High School. I did get suspended once for stabbing a guy with a pencil in elementary school, but he'd been picking on me all year and he deserved it.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Ok, here's my top ten, in no particular order...

1): I escaped a bully by running into a toilet cubicle.
He smashed the door down... I got in trouble.

2): Throwing a snowball at a teacher who was standing smack-bang in the middle of our annual school-wide snowball fight...

3): Talking... in a class of people who were talking...

4): Saluting a teacher because he was being a dictatorial prick.

5): Our Principle built a house with school funding, and had an affair. These aren't even rumours; teachers talk about it all the time.
Apparently, though, me talking about it is grounds for a detention...

6): Not doing my homework (Yes, I still count that as a stupid reason).

7): I was about to use the word 'fuck' as a teacher came around the corner in front of me.
Luckily, I was able to do that thing where you change it swiftly into a 'fuuuuu-r goodnes sake'
I still got done for swearing, even though I didn't actually say 'fuck'.

8): Explaining to a kid in a younger year why it was not ok for him to refer to Chinese people as 'Chinky'.
A teacher heard me saying that it was 'About as bad as n*gger'.
Three guesses who got done for racism...

9): We have a teacher who is the spitting image of Bilbo Baggins; people joke about it all the time in class.
I brought in a ring one day and started playing around with it.
When he tried to take it off me, I said that it was 'my precious'...
DETENTION!
Also, I never did get that ring back.

10): I used the word 'Masticate', and I was misheard...

My conclusion; my teachers didn't like me.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
I got frequent detentions for not cutting my hair and not tucking my shirt in. What's worse is they didn't even consider my appeals to the rule when I pointed out it was "sexist", "discriminatory", "unfair" and "pointless" This was at a grammar school.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
having the crap beaten out of me from some guy on his ADHD anger rampage got me excluded (I have ADHD too, I can say that). Other than that, I've deserved the times I've gotten into trouble, from being a prick in primary school to being lazy in secondary school.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
Vegard Pompey said:
For not going there. Most current education systems are a joke and no one should have to be subjected to it.
I agree 100%. I can't stand school right now and I just want to get the hell out of there

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
TheEndlessSleep said:
Ok...

1): I escaped a bully by running into a toilet cubicle.
He smashed the door down... I got in trouble.

2): Throwing a snowball at a teacher who was standing smack-bang in the middle of our annual school-wide snowball fight...

3): Talking... in a class of people who were talking...

4): Saluting a teacher because he was being a dictatorial prick.

5): Not doing my homework (Yes, I still count that as a stupid reason).

My conclusion; my teachers didn't like me.
RESPECT

Canned Spam

Feb 28, 2011
My entire class once got told by our music teacher to come back to the class at recess as punishment for SOME of the being too loud. About Six people (including me) actually show up, but the teacher never did. So next lesson she extended our punishments since none of us apparently showed up. When she was told that she didn't show up there she replied that she was there the whole time.

lukeyk

Feb 10, 2010
I was suspended, 1 day internally (You sit in the school for 6 hours basically wondering what your parents will do) and the 1 day externally (Watching your parents go mental for the day)
I was suspended for drawing in someone's homework planner with 2 other people. The person was in the year below and I had no idea who he even was, but yet it was called as bullying D: Normally you'd expect some sort of hidden side to this like "Then all I did was beat the kid round the face with his planner" But nope, I was suspended for drawing in someones planner I had never seen and have yet to ever see.

Then loads of people in my school were suspended for doing/selling drugs and so that blew my whole thing out of the water :p

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
I got into an agrument with an idiiot english teacher, she didn't believe that titanic was a descriptive word for something big, she said "No macrobstar thats something big, not a describing word for something big" anyway I got sent out after arguing with her and then she came in and admitted she was wrong, not in front of the other students tho.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
me and a friend back in high school were locked out in the unused yard, so we had two choices for getting back in, jumping a fence and going round, or going through the door, we choose the latter, ad the acting head was on the otherside, got like 3 weeks in isolation.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I have a pretty funny story that sorta qualifies.

So one of my friends is a little thick headed when it came to anything and we had a midterm paper to write for English. I had the class like 4th period and my friend had the class for 6th (5th period is lunch). He didn't write his paper but was absent for most of the due week, so the number of school days you miss you get an extension to turn in the paper. I think the paper was due on a Friday and we got them back on Wednesday, which was also the number of due date for my friend. So I have my paper typed and graded and everything. My friend asks to see my paper to compare how he thinks he would do on his paper. I figured, he doesn't have any time to copy it and really can only compare it so I hand him my paper.

(Thursday)
Next day the teacher asks me to go outside to answer a few questions completely straight-faced, so I go outside thinking, "I haven't done anything to get me in trouble for quite a while. What could this be about?" so we're outside and he's holding what looks like the paper, shows it to me and asks me to explain. I look at it and put my hand over my mouth to keep myself from laughing too loud (other classes near us had their doors open). and told him, "that has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life." Then my teacher started laughing; apparently he thought so too. Turns out my friend literally took a pencil crossed out my name, wrote his name above mine and turned it in. Mind you, the paper already had a big letter grade written on the front in red pen. I explain what happened and then he asked me for a favor: That when I see my friend, I was to pretend that nothing happened because my teacher was going to tell my friend that because of what happened both of us were going to receive a 0 for the paper because of cheating just to see his reaction. I agreed because I thought it was hilarious.

at lunch I saw my friend and didn't mention what happened at all. Just pretending that nothing happened, regular day. After school I saw him and he was about to cry and telling me he was sorry, I asked him 'Why?' and he told me the teacher was going to give us both 0s on the midterm and it was all his fault and I asked him, 'WHAT?' and he told me again and I said I would talk to the teacher on the next day and see if I can't get this fixed. All the while I was acting very irritated.

(Friday) morning
My friend is still apologizing to me saying he'll make it up to me somehow. I'm still acting a little annoyed with him but not trying to worry about it too much. I get to class and the teacher asks me to stay after a little into lunch and now the whole class thinks I'm in serious trouble. So after class He asked me how my friend responded and I told him that he's still really upset and regretting the whole thing. So my teacher says to tell my friend that I got in really big trouble, how cheating is a serious offense punishable by expulsion and that he wants to see me after school. And I'm just thinking, this is getting good and he tells me that he's going to tell my friend the same. So I get to lunch late just a look of shock and dread on my face and I tell my friend how I have to see the teacher after school and all of our other friends are freaking out because I'm the good student of the group and now my other friends are telling our one friend how he really screwed up big and he's feeling even worse. lunch ends, he goes to the class.

I want to know what happens so I asked my 7th period teacher if I could leave early because I have to report to another teacher and don't want to be late, then the best thing happens. Someone from my 4th period class volunteered information and told the teacher how I've been in trouble two days in a row. So now there are 2 classrooms of people who think I'm in big trouble. So the teacher agreed to let me out early because she didn't want to get me in more trouble and I got a hall pass and everything.

so school's out I go into the classroom while people are walking out and take a seat front and center and wait for my friend to show up. he sits down next to me and he's on the brink of crying anticipating the worst. The teacher walks up to us and starts talking about how cheating is bad and my friend starts crying and I just completely break character. I just start laughing and say, okay I think we're done here. Teacher explains what happened and my friend was mad because I didn't warn him and he punches my in the arm. I'm still laughing hold the part of my arm he punched and say, "You don't want to add fighting to your list of crimes, do you?" then my friend started laughing and finally cooled down. So our teacher told us what was actually going to happen: my friend got a 0, I got my grade, our teacher had no intention of actually expelling anyone and he was content getting a good laugh.