Sucker Punch: inFamous 2 Will Induce A "Heart Attack"

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Decent news even if I haven't had much time to play the first one.

Though I have this niggling suspician that what they are not telling us is that the free bonus controller that comes with the game is rigged to deliver a heart stopping electrical shock should Cole die while your playing the game.... a clever way of assuring truth in advertising without creating a game that is actually that metaphorically awesome! :)

Just watch, and be careful... chances are if there are beat metal nubs on the ends of the thumbsticks there is a reason for it!

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Damn it, why don't I have a PS3? The first one looked good, and the little bits I got to play of it where pretty fun, and now that they're trying to make more gray choices like in ME2, which was one of the few moral choice systems I loved. Anyone got a PS3 I can steal buy?

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Sorry I gave up on this game after encountering that bullshit save the girlfriend or scientists "moral choice" quest.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Not quite hyped for it but i'm excited to see if it lives up to what they're saying.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
It's unfortunate this isn't coming out for the 360. I'd LOVE buying both games to see how this worked out.

Of course, I take his so-called "morality grey" area with a bit of salt. Many people claimed that and many people failed. I only know BioWare pulling such things off.
BioWare didn't pull this off any better than any other dev.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
If you thought inFamous was good, Sucker Punch thinks you'll die after playing the sequel.
What if I thought inFamous was shit? Did Sucker Punch say anything about that?

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
The Seldom Seen Kid said:
EDIT: Electro-Batman is officially my new definition of awesome.
That's weird, because I think Electro-Hitler might be mine. :p

Excited though. The first was one of my favourite games last year.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
I don't care what anyone else says. I can't wait for the sequel. inFamous has made its way to my list of top games.

lucky_sharm

Aug 27, 2009
I'm quite disappointed about a lack of a Prototype sequel announcement. All the first Prototype needed was more polished gameplay, balance out abilities better(sword and whipfist are pretty much all you need for the rest of the game), and a better implemented stealth element(less throw sentries and detectors all over the place).

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
It's unfortunate this isn't coming out for the 360. I'd LOVE buying both games to see how this worked out.
I wouldn't say unfortunate. It doesn't effect me since I have all three consoles, but consider people who only have a PS3, no Mass Effect, Halo and other exclusives. Seems only fair they get something in return like inFAMOUS, God of War etc.

Plus, inFAMOUS' graphics would have to be severly reduced to accomodate the 360. Just compare PROTOTYPE to it and you'll see what I mean.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
lucky_sharm said:
I'm quite disappointed about a lack of a Prototype sequel announcement. All the first Prototype needed was more polished gameplay, balance out abilities better(sword and whipfist are pretty much all you need for the rest of the game), and a better implemented stealth element(less throw sentries and detectors all over the place).
Prototype was fun, but outside of the story missions and the fact that you can just fuck around massacring people, it just ended there. It had a good ideas, but it was spread out to much to coherently work. It was like a giant cake, but with no frosting and a few strawberries scattered around on top. inFAMOUS was smaller in size, but it was presented in a much more cohrent and polished out structure. Like a small, delcious pie stuffed with candied fruit and sugar coated crust. Now if they just increase the fuck around potential and map size, it would be much better. Now excuse me, I'm going to eat some delicious black forest cake.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Wait, if Cole gives people heart attacks from sight, if he heals them, and the victim of said heart attack sees Cole again... Does this turn into a long and complicated process?

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
When I read the title, I thought they might be giving players access to Death Notes. Hopefully they're going to make having good karma worthwhile this time. Doing good might give you a warm, fuzzy feeling in real life, but knowing that that kitten you just saved is one hard drive purge away from non-existence, and doing bad deeds can be erased with no effort if you start to feel dirty, and there's no tangible consequence to snapping that kitten's neck anyways, and the evil abilities turn you into THOR...need I continue?

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
Ambigiuos moral choice? I hope they have seen and are following this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KU3lUx3u0
Heh, thanks for that... looks like these series are quite informative. Not that i learned something new, but it's still intresting.

The Seldom Seen Kid said:
Interesting how they'll evolve the moral choice system, but I really feel like at the end of the day you're either choosing between an Electro-Batman or an Electro-Hitler, with no middle ground.

EDIT: Electro-Batman is officially my new definition of awesome.
Truth be told... i really, really wanna see a battle between Electro-Batman and Electro-Hitler.

"Surrender - you Nazis are a superstitious and cowardly lot."
"NEVER! Ich shall nott bie diefeeteed by ein elektrikal bat!"

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
mrhappyface said:
lucky_sharm said:
Prototype was fun, but outside of the story missions and the fact that you can just fuck around massacring people, it just ended there. It had a good ideas, but it was spread out to much to coherently work. It was like a giant cake, but with no frosting and a few strawberries scattered around on top. inFAMOUS was smaller in size, but it was presented in a much more cohrent and polished out structure. Like a small, delcious pie stuffed with candied fruit and sugar coated crust. Now if they just increase the fuck around potential and map size, it would be much better. Now excuse me, I'm going to eat some delicious black forest cake.
Well, Infamous and Prototype were both really well. Gameplay wise, they were different enough that the comparison topics were a bit irritating. However, they were both fun in thier own right. Prototype was more just general sandbox chaos, while Infamous was more controlled "focused" chaos. I own both and love both, and don't plan on trading either in. It's sort of like comparing GTA and RDR. One is chaos where you do whatever, the other is chaos where you focus on the story.

Story is where Infamous really shines over Prototype. Infamous had an interesting story that was told in sequential order. Prototype had a story that was more like an insane man scribbled it down in crayons. It was actually a really good story, but it was told horribly. With a little better direction and involvement, the story would've been great.

I hope they do a Prototype sequel, only not release it around the same time as Infamous' sequel is out. I want to be able to enjoy both on their own merit, instead of all the pointless debate topics.