Sucker Punch: inFamous 2 Will Induce A "Heart Attack"

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
Would be nice to see player-driven morally gray choices in a non-RPG setting for a change. I mean, morality is all well and good (see what I did there? Neither did I) but it is nice when some problems aren't reduced to math. I'm a huge fan of the idea of not including power tie-ins to said systems as well as not seeing what your 'morality rank' is, though I did like the Mass Effect system where certain choices have an impact on later dialog choices.

Killjoi

Nov 25, 2009
Heart attack ? Well then, it's a good thing Cole is a walking defibrillator!

Excuse my terrible attempt at joke:p I'm pretty excited about inFamous 2. I liked the first one way more than GTA4. I prefer swift movement and super-powered maniacs in my open world games. As as result, Prototype, inFamous and Crackdown suit my taste. The black/white morality choices weren't that bad in the first game either...I liked that every side quest contributed towards changing your surrounding world. It gave the game a very cohesive feel.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
V8 Ninja said:
Ah, I love how companies are becoming more like extreme fanboys every day. It makes me feel smart.
It makes me feel the opposite: it makes me feel like gamers are becoming the new burnouts, maybe even replacing stoners as THE burnouts.

As for the game, I hope it's more immersive than the original which was fun but very repetitive. I only played through the villain and still haven't felt up to restarting it.

They also need to add custom soundtracks. I actually liked the soundtrack but most of my friends didn't. Some of them really hated it and while I did like it, it was too distracting for that kind of game.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Is this going to be like in Army of Two 2 (Because that title is far more awesome than the real one) where if you do a tiny little thing then something completely different that you couldn't have anticipated happens? Like if I randomly shoot a bolt of lightning into the air a kitten on the other side of town dies from getting shot by a little kid who stole his policeman father's gun and got so scared he accidentally fired a shot of when witnessing the bolt?

Because it was pretty fucking stupid in Army of Too Too.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Meh, not really the "heart attack" worthy. The new Cole doesn't really look that great. He looks like Darth Vader's Apprentice from Force Unleashed.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Does this mean that Cole McGrath, the mostly um... uncreatively named hero I've seen in awhile will have recovered from his Larynx Injury? You know the one that makes him sound like he smokes 10 packs a day outside of the narrated comic book style cutscenes?

indiana_104

May 28, 2010
Well, seeing as no-one's mentioned this yet...

A Prototype and Infamous crossover game!!!
Let's rip shit up as Alex Mercer and Cole Mcgrath. Sorta like like Aliens vs Predator, but with more killing.

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
"t's not really obvious what's good and bad" + enforcing "good" and "bad" with a points system = frustration. They should really have a reputation system instead...so you can actually be Infamous.

And it shouldn't affect your looks at all. One of the most disturbing things about evil is how it can wear a pretty face.

thepj

Aug 15, 2009
I always liked Infamous, decent if loopy plot, good gameplay, the upgrades system worked quite well and everything flowed well enough to make up for some of it's flaws. Plus it had trash robot-golem-things built by psycic hobos. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT!

having said that i always felt that the morality system was a bit to arbitrary, the big decisions were the only ones that really mattered and at the end there was that one decision that made it all well... not matter. i like games with morality systems that aren't to arvitrary and black and white. Silent hill 2 had a morality system that worked better than any other i've seen, it didn't give you massive decisions but instead monitered how you played and judged which ending to igve you based on that, for example running off and attacking enemies wildly would result in you being more likely to get the ending where you comit suicide, it just kinda worked for me.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Sucker Punch also says that it hopes to give everyone that enjoyed the first game a "heart attack" with the sequel's improvements.
Sorry, but I am afraid I won't have a heart attack until they announce Sly Raccoon 4.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
If being derivative can induce a heart attack, then I already experienced one playing the first game. Does that mean I'll have a stroke when I play the sequel?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
darkstone said:
bismarck55 said:
darkstone said:
Sorry I gave up on this game after encountering that bullshit save the girlfriend or scientists "moral choice" quest.
But that was the only legitimately interesting moral choice in the game. Seriously, that was the best part of the game's story.
How is that the best part?
if you save the girl they switch her out with a complete stranger and if you don't save her they switch her back , that is bull it's either her or it isn't not whichever is convenient to the plot.
Well, the devs painted themselves into a corner with that one
as it would completely undermine the process that Kessler conceived to have Cole walk away with Trish in one piece.

Still, that was a slap to the face.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
1st Thought: inFamous 2? YAAAAY!

2nd Thought: Wait, new look for Cole? You mean we won't be playing as The Beast like I hoped? D'awwww.

masterjiji

Jul 13, 2009
An excellent concept with the morality thing. Just don't cock it up and make it "Square Button=Evil Choice, Circle Button=Good Choice" like just about everything these days.