Super Mario Galaxy 2 Video Shows Mario 64 Level

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Oh snap son, is that a Real saxophone? Really Really? I am digging the remade retro-music. This is definitely a must play.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I've never liked any of the Mario games. Galaxy 2 is Mario's last chance to hook me.
WTF is wrong with you? You didn't like Super Mario World? I've beat that game like twelve times, and it was never boring.
I even found Super Mario Bros 3 boring. And 64. And New Super Mario Bros (DS). And that other one I played whose name I forget...

I do like the RPGs, though.
Have you ever played Super Mario RPG or the Paper Mario series?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Please, please, PLEASE include more of the retro levels... Whomp's Fortress was one of my faves, but I would LOVE to see an updated version of Wet-Dry World.

(of course, I'd like to see them make a few more updates than just improving the poly count and texture-mapping, though those are awesome too)

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
...... YEEEEEEAAAAAS!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!!! This makes me happy I hope there are extra retro levels added, maybe some from super Mario sunshine or better yet, a fully 3-D world 1-1 (same layout but it would play like the 3-D parts from super paper Mario)

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
This brought tears of joy to my eyes, in addition to the tears of pain due to a sprained toe.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I've never liked any of the Mario games. Galaxy 2 is Mario's last chance to hook me.
WTF is wrong with you? You didn't like Super Mario World? I've beat that game like twelve times, and it was never boring.
Galaxy bored me and so I never finished it... The old mario games were better then the new ones... (I am not a person stuck on nostalgia, since most of my top games are all this gen(about 95% of them), Mario games are just not as fun as they used to be.)

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
So, Nintendo is ripping off their old titles completely now instead of trying to pretend to make new games.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
The Bandit said:
So, Nintendo is ripping off their old titles completely now instead of trying to pretend to make new games.
Not really, most of the game is new stuff, it's just a nod to the first 3D mario, sort of like a tribute. It's not like they are rehashing the entire game.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
If anything this makes me wanna play M64 instead of buying SMG2. I can't shake the feeling that this version is worse. The controls seem to be much better, but Mario's annoying grunts are way too loud and well...annoying. He sounded a lot less emphasized in M64, better in my opinion.

The spinning attack also seems to be quite the gamebreaker for the level. You can't just spin plants away, that doesn't make sense and reduces the challenge. Anyway, it'll probably be awesome, but if I wanna play M64, I'll play M64 in all it's goodness.
PayJ567 said:
Am I the only one who misses the punch punch kick?
No.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Oh Wow! I just had an severe case of Nostalgia overload. just good that my N64 is still hooked up to my TV to treat this ''problem''. ^.^

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
YES! Yes yes yes yes yes! I am so stoked for this. I'll be at Best Buy as they open on Sunday,`snagging my pre-paid copy.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Xzi said:
Bah, this is the first time I regret selling my Wii. Galaxy was in-freaking-credible, albeit a bit too easy.
AHHH! SAME! I need to find some way to play this game, it just looks too good to pass up.

I didn't think they could make me any more excited for Galaxy 2, but WHOMP'S FORTRESS? The amazing Whomp's Fortress? Sure, I've played in Whomp's Fortress for hours upon hours, but including it in Super Mario Galaxy 2 makes the whole package even better. Who knows? Maybe they'll include a retro galaxy with all 15 worlds!

I'm gonna have to see if I can get Dolphin running. This is a gaming experience I cannot pass up, and I haven't seen a game this good come out since 2007, probably.

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
Pretty cool. Nothing to write home about really, but still a nice little nod to the 90s.

I would think it was more awesome if they put the first level of Pipe Land in there.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Holy. Freaking. Crap.

Guess what I'm going to be doing Sunday?

The Bandit said:
You never played Super Mario Wii? (not that I blame you)

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
John Funk said:
Want to find out whether or not it's any good? Our verdict goes up tomorrow morning - be there, or be a loser.
Does that mean I can assume that the game is good? =P

Anyways, I'm not sure what to think of this. While it's cool and all, I can't help but think that Nintendo ran out of ideas for galaxies.