Super Mario Galaxy 2 Video Shows Mario 64 Level

Anagram

Nov 10, 2009
Weird. I was just thinking last night that they should remake Whomp's Fortress for this game o_O . Can Nintendo read your thoughts?

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Hmmm if they are adding retro levels I would love to see either Boo's level or the Desert level, both of which were awesome IMHO.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Tolerant Fanboy said:
If there was a galaxy with a cross-section of classic Mario levels...

My God, the faneurysms...
It'd be awesome if it were like bonus levels you got for getting every star or something. It's the fans that this is for anyway!

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'm sure I'm not the only one to say this, but the idea of retro levels just sounds like a waste. I mean, nostalgia is fine and everything, but isn't the point of a new game to have new stuff? Why are we going back to old Mario levels? (And don't say I'm quoting Yahtzee because I've not really been a huge fan of the Mario series long before I knew of Yahtzee).

Hopefully the new gameplay mechanics (Yoshis and hopefully some other stuff too) will make this level and other potential retro levels more interesting. Otherwise, I feel like Nintendo is simply running out of ideas and rather than make sequel after sequel, they'll make sequels with materials borrowed from old games because that's just less stuff they have to think about when designing these games.