Super Smash Bros. 4's New Challengers Are Fire Emblem's Robin And Lucina

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
tf2godz said:
Yes, Robin and Lucina are joining the battle and the cap is coming back. although knowing the internet I fell really sorry for Lucina

Story said:
Man, the official site is slammed right now.
Ya, I'm trying to get on the site to see the picture but it won't load for me.

Your better off going on Youtube honestly.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I always forget that FE:Awakening actually has a main character who isn't me.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
...*sees the Falcon*
Good Sakurai, good. One cannot have a Smash game without the mighty FALCON!
Long may he pawnch his foes to their demise. >:D

Oh, and I guess new characters are good too. *only cares that his Falcon is back*
Now let's hope he's not nerfed as badly as he was in Brawl.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Dragonbums said:
Story said:
fight me in space said:
Ridleyfags
People still want Ridley, really?
Let me show you Miiverse.

Also there are people pissed off that Goku wasn't revealed?
Lol wat?
Look, I want Spyro the Dragon really, really badly. But even I know when to have realistic expectations.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
hickwarrior said:
What I hope is the ability to use your own 'robin' in the game. But I'm already sold now. Too bad I'm getting it on the 3DS, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Also...

Fappy said:
I predicted Lucina and Chrom reveal at the same time but I didn't expect Robin also :O
Because I think it was supposed to be kind of sort of you in a way. But I'm happy they ditched that and showed he/she really is his/her own person.
Too bad you can't customize Robin. My fem-Avatar looked a lot cooler than Robin XD

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
Okay, so I actually love this announcement. It seems pretty much confirmed now that they will offer vastly different skins for fighters, which hopefully means they bring in some fan favourites in form of skins for existing fighters rather then their own. And I know some people would be greatly offended if Falco/Starwolf would end up being Fox skins, but screw them, that's what I say. I'd rather see them tweak and balance their roster then trying to make every slightly changed clone from previous games work for this one.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Huh. I actually didn't see that this had been released already as official Escapist News. If I had known a featured article was going to be writen already, I probably would have just brought my info over here.

My money seems to be on Lucina being a Marth skin, honestly. Either that, or I need to go watch the videos already released during the demo and tournaments on Marth, to see how much they changed him around, because she performs a heck of a lot like Marth does in Brawl. But she does have her own character page while Marth lacks his, so maybe I'm just dead wrong. Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin would be 4 characters from Fire Emblem; I wonder how many more characters they intend to add.

I suspected the same with Chrom to Ike, but it looks like I was wrong, and that he's part of Robin's Final Smash. I thought I recognized Great Aether, while an allied Robin kept attacking for additional damage (and hype), but mistakes are made.

Davroth said:
Okay, so I actually love this announcement. It seems pretty much confirmed now that they will offer vastly different skins for fighters, which hopefully means they bring in some fan favourites in form of skins for existing fighters rather then their own. And I know some people would be greatly offended if Falco/Starwolf would end up being Fox skins, but screw them, that's what I say. I'd rather see them tweak and balance their roster then trying to make every slightly changed clone from previous games work for this one.
I'm not sure exactly how to feel about this, myself. A lot of people saw a space furry and immediately just screamed clone, but anyone who actually played Fox, Falco and Wolf could sure as heck point out all of them handling much much differently from each other. Brawl actually didn't have too many clones, especially compared to Melee. And if this anouncement was proclaiming that, then how exactly does this explain Luigi and Toonlink, who are just as much of clones of Mario and Regular Link?

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Honestly... I'm not as sick hyped for this as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, seeing the Cap again is great, Robin is surprising, and HOLYGODYESLUCINA, but I'm kinda disappointed with the moveset for Robin and since Lucina is obviously a Marth clone I'm still wondering why she didn't just replace Marth to begin with. Also, that last sentence of Chrom's... I think I now know how old school DMC fans felt about the new Dante scene with the wig.

To all those saying that's the canon Robin, they are including some customisation I think, so you may be able to recrate your personal Robin.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Not sure if Lucina has her own move sets or has cloned moves from other Fire Emblem characters. Hope there will be further details on these new and returning entries (I can hear the squealing of many happy Captain Falcon fans right now). Until then, the Super Smash Bros website has been updated.

www.smashbros.com/us

Also, I did some research on a previous leak mentioned awhile back.

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

The video does say Chrom is in the game, but it looks like he might be an alt or an assist trophey. Palutena is in and Greninja from Pokemon X & Y are in (unless there is another Pokemon X & Y entry yet to be revealed). So does this mean that Shulk and Chorus Men are the next new reveals? If so, as playable characters, assist trophies, or 1/2 one and 1/2 the other?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
That whole trailer was really cool.
The return of the Cap, along with the more... unexpected choices of character for FE:A. Neat. Is Chrom being part of Robin's final smash or something?

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
hazabaza1 said:
Neat. Is Chrom being part of Robin's final smash or something?
It's weighing pretty high in that direction, yes. I put my wager before on him being an Ike Recolor, but there's a decent chance Lucina's not even a Marth recolor, so my money's worthless.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
FillerDmon said:
hazabaza1 said:
Neat. Is Chrom being part of Robin's final smash or something?
It's weighing pretty high in that direction, yes. I put my wager before on him being an Ike Recolor, but there's a decent chance Lucina's not even a Marth recolor, so my money's worthless.
I think if anything Lucina will more more like the new Roy rather than a recolour. Showing off her gameplay was a major part of the trailer, and she's got her own page on the Smash website. Seeing Chrom and possibly Roy being recolours even if they aren't new characters would be cool but looking at some of the other alternate outfits we've seen I doubt that'll be happening.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I know they're fan favourite, but I'm not big on Lucina/Chrom, I prefer to have Tharja. :(

Fappy said:
Too bad you can't customize Robin. My fem-Avatar looked a lot cooler than Robin XD
Mine is way cuter than default!

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
hazabaza1 said:
I think if anything Lucina will more more like the new Roy rather than a recolour. Showing off her gameplay was a major part of the trailer, and she's got her own page on the Smash website. Seeing Chrom and possibly Roy being recolours even if not new characters would be cool but looking at some of the other alternate outfits we've seen I doubt that'll be happening.
Like I said, my money's dirt. ... though, if she handles like Roy, then I think I've found another secondary. They should have shown off her neutral B! Now I don't know if my butt should be tight right now!

Sack of Cheese said:
I know they're fan favourite, but I'm not big on Lucina/Chrom, I prefer to have Tharja. :(
Tharja's a bit scandalous, don't you think? If she got in, they have little reason to not go the extra mile and include Bayonetta.

I too wish for Tharja's inclusion.

St. Aidan said:
Am I the only person hoping Ness and/or Lucas are still playable characters??
You are not, but Ness has (except in Melee) normally been a secret character. I'm not sure if either of them, Falco, Game & Watch, or Ganondorf, will get official recognition until after the game launches.

.... I just realized: Captain Falcon got in. Captain Falcon vs Little Mac. BATTLE OF THE PUNCHES!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Heh, I thought the new character reveal was going to be Rayman

No really, that is a legit image!! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl3TMQjFQ

Anyway I glad that Lucina is in Smash but does she honestly think her Falchion can take on Captain Falcon punch?? (I am also glad to see him in the game too!) Also why did they used his anime apperance (his game appearance is way cooler! Maybe a foreshadow of a new F- Zero anime) and add Robin into the game?

By all means Robin is cool but they now despruted my image of that character well "my" character in the game! It's like they did by adding Reven into SWTOR. He always be named by my real name and has black short round hair!!

Also I can't helped to laugh at Chrom not getting the limelight seeing how he is one of the main characters in Awakenning!
Chances are I may get her in figure form.

fhmy

Aug 2, 2010
I found it odd that despite being the first character revealed in the trailer, Lucina really didn't get to show off many moves at all. Being a clone character might explain it though.

Still steadfast in my Xenoblade faith though. HOLD ON TO THE DREAM.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Chrom seems to be part of Robin's Final Smash. I'm not sure about Lucina's status; some people are saying she's an alt skin for Marth like how the Wii Fit Trainer, the Miis, and Robin have genderswaps. If she isn't she's going to need something to differentiate herself from Marth as everyone knows people will pitch a fit at any sign of clones. Furthermore, unlike the other newcomers on the website she has one of the small boxes for her, not one of the large bars.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sack of Cheese said:

Fappy said:
Mine is way cuter than default!
Link it!

Here's what mine looks like:

OT: Also, I love how the reveal trailer is using the FE: Awakening CG art style. Looks so cool.