Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
It would be if "sry, I'm straight" wasn't taken as a crime against transpeople's humanity. 99% of the time it isn't, but people get roped up into these crazy echo chambers in social media where it suddenly isn't that controversial anymore. Then they can try to co-opt the middle ground. There are perfectly valid reasons to never consider a trans partner and the joke is that "yeah, there was no need to say it, but we did and just look at how assmad people got".

This is just a failed logic example. It's not like people are only not into guys who are trans, they're not into guys who are also not trans too.

And conversely, I'm sure these guys are gonna be into women who identify as guys if they're feminine enough in an equal and opposite way to how much they'd not be into guys who identify as women, so it's not as if all trans people are an issue. Only the penis ones are. If you're a hot chick I don't mind if you feel like a dude lol.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
My favourite thing about heterosexuals is how they think anyone who has a choice wants to have sex with them.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So, in recent meme-news the super straight crowds have been making headway. For those not in the know this is a movement that started on tiktok and is basically a gender identity aimed at those who are attracted to cis-gendered individuals of the opposite gender. Some parts of the internet have taken to this like fish to water, and are reveling in the fact that the LGBTQ+ groups are being beaten at their own game.
Not surprised they're on TikTok. As I recall, that's an app than blocks people who are ugly, overweight, have deformities, severe scars, etc. from appearing on their high-trending lists.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
My favourite thing about heterosexuals is how they think anyone who has a choice wants to have sex with them.
If they don't then why do they care who we find attractive?

Is the point one of pride, of wanting to be found attractive by someone whom you have no interest in because it hurts your pride that these lowly people dare to be turned off by you?

This sounds like something a vane noble of old would come up with lol.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I don't get it? I'm a straight male with no bi tendencies, how is that super?
Eh, it's basically a reaction to the folks who are upset that some people aren't interested sexually in trans people, and have defined not wanting to sleep with them as transphobia. So some random tiktok teen just defined "straight and uninterested in trans people sexually" as "super straight" (mostly so he could invoke lefty discourse about validating sexual orientatio, and then got death threats and his mom's business review bombed as a result, which is "speech having consequences" rather than "targeted harassment" because of who's doing it.

Like, I'm sure even if they feel like a woman, you'd still have to be gay to be into a person with a penis.
This whole thing started as a reaction to that exact perspective being considered transphobic. There are apparently a number of trans people who believe that people who aren't attracted to them are bigots.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Eh, it's basically a reaction to the folks who are upset that some people aren't interested sexually in trans people, and have defined not wanting to sleep with them as transphobia. So some random tiktok teen just defined "straight and uninterested in trans people sexually" as "super straight" (mostly so he could invoke lefty discourse about validating sexual orientatio, and then got death threats and his mom's business review bombed as a result, which is "speech having consequences" rather than "targeted harassment" because of who's doing it.
Wait what? If someone doesn't want to have sex with a trans person, they're transphobic? When did that become a thing?! So like if a lesbian doesn't want to sleep with a transfemale who still has a penis, she's transphobic? I don't want to sleep with anyone, male or female, that has a penis, because I'm not attracted to that, am I transphobic? Jeez whatever happened to just everyone is entitled to say no, and they're sexuality is their own business?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Wait what? If someone doesn't want to have sex with a trans person, they're transphobic? When did that become a thing?! So like if a lesbian doesn't want to sleep with a transfemale who still has a penis, she's transphobic? I don't want to sleep with anyone, male or female, that has a penis, because I'm not attracted to that, am I transphobic? Jeez whatever happened to just everyone is entitled to say no, and they're sexuality is their own business?
Like any stupid opinion, some group of people has expressed it somewhere on the vast wasteland of social media. And like many times before, the culture warriors have jumped at the chance to pretend its somehow a majority opinion and react with their usual "See! I'm totally not a bigot. Now, watch me do something a bigot would definitely do but ironically."

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Wait what? If someone doesn't want to have sex with a trans person, they're transphobic?
No.

But if someone believes that sleeping with a trans person would mean they weren't heterosexual, that would be pretty transphobic.

The word you're all looking for is genital preference. A lot of people have genital preferences, and I don't think anyone cares if you have genital preferences. I think people care, and have a right to care, if you think your genital preferences make you a "real" heterosexual.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Avnger

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
No.

But if someone believes that sleeping with a trans person would mean they weren't heterosexual, that would be pretty transphobic.

The word you're all looking for is genital preference. A lot of people have genital preferences, and I don't think anyone cares if you have genital preferences. I think people care, and have a right to care, if you think your genital preferences make you a "real" heterosexual.
Wait I thought your sexual preference was based off the genitals you want to interact with, not the gender identity of that person?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Wait I thought your sexual preference was based off the genitals you want to interact with, not the gender identity of that person?
How do you know what's in a person's pants when you don't know them though?
Wouldn't attraction be based on the appearance of the person?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
How do you know what's in a person's pants when you don't know them though?
Wouldn't attraction be based on the appearance of the person?
Attraction maybe, but sexual preference not. You can find anyone attractive, but wanting to have sex with them would require knowing their sex organs and if that is what you want to have sex with.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I will never be straight and this is why.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So all hetero-sex is rape?
And who is being raped, the man or the woman, or both?
And would this mean all heterosexuals are actually lbtq?

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
So all hetero-sex is rape?
And who is being raped, the man or the woman, or both?
And would this mean all heterosexuals are actually lbtq?
Oh man. Because we don't choose our sexuality, some people are unfortunately left with the hetero.