Supporters of trump storm congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
And yet, for how "scary" that was, only one unarmed woman died, and that was because the cops killed her. The only other thing that happened was a bunch of people milled around, took a podium, sat in desks, and posed for photo ops.

So really, keep it in perspective, it's not such a big deal. It could have been a lot worse. Nobody went there looking for a fight.

It's not like they set fire to a police station, or a church, or vandalized federal buildings or monuments.

So you have no evidence, okay.
So how much is russia paying you to try and destroy america? Everyone on here knows its true so it must be true that you are part of a conspiracy to destroy NATO through taking down america, so how much are you being paid. It must be a lot, like a whole $40.

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
Do you have any evidence for that statement?
Maybe it's just me, but professing to know the motivations of thousands of people seems like an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence.
It's not an extraordinary claim when Trump has been agitating for this for months and "stop the steal" has not only become essentially the Trump horde's mantra, but was shouted by dozens of people invading the building.

And saying "it could have been worse" is like saying a bear only scratched your legs instead of mauling you to death. This is literally the Sideshow Bob defense, as pointed out to you earlier. But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters to you. Any argument put against you merely slides off your billiard-ball smooth brain and you just go "nuh-uh, everything proof shield" like a toddler. If you were watching jews getting carried off to Auschwitz, you'd be saying "well at least they're clothed, I don't see what the big deal is".

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And yet, for how "scary" that was, only one unarmed woman died, and that was because the cops killed her. The only other thing that happened was a bunch of people milled around, took a podium, sat in desks, and posed for photo ops.
Four people died. Capitol Police said officers were attacked with metal pipes and chemicals, and quite a few officers are hospitalised. And there were two improvised bombs, and several unlicensed firearms.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Absolutely gutted by the hypocrisy in America. I can honestly say I’m ashamed to be an American today. We’ve already been the laughing stock of the world for the past 4 years, now we’re just a disgusting thing to behold. Trump and his supporters, sorry, his CULT are the complete and total epitome of the detritus of humanity. I don’t “hate” easily or often, but damn, when you see shit like yesterday’s debacle, how can you NOT hate them as much as they disrespect basic, human decency in return? Why do they think it’s ok for them to riot and threaten the fundaments of our nation for what they think they deserve atop their position of privilege, but anyone else who peacefully asks for equity shouldn’t? Why were they effectively allowed? I’m not angry. I passed angry long ago. I’m at a level of disappointment far beyond my normal level of disaffectedness that I couldn’t imagine. I hope we’ll be capable of better once this orange, piece of shit, bastard-ass clown is finally ousted, but too many of his “patriots” have shown their hand to make forgetting what they’ve done an option. Trump, Trump supporters? GO. TO. HELL. January 20th should be a national holiday from this moment forth.

I literally can't tell if you're incredibly dense or incapable of anything resembling honest debate. Possibly both.
That's really not even worth wondering. It never has been.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So you have no evidence, okay.
Houseman, I'm done with you.

If you're that dense, I can't educate you.
If you're incapable of having an honest debate, there's literally no point in talking to you.

I fully expect you to claim how vindicated you are or whatever preserves your ego in the reality bubble you live in. I don't care.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Why do they think it’s ok for them to riot and threaten the fundaments of our nation for what they think they deserve atop their position of privilege, but anyone else who peacefully asks for equity shouldn’t?
It's very simple, THEY are "true americans" we are all dirty invaders here to steal their country. They literally print fucking tshirts that declare this, and wear them proudly. We are not americans to them, for a lot of them, we aren't even human. So anything they do to us, is ok, because they are justified "defenders of 'murica"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's not an extraordinary claim when Trump has been agitating for this for months and "stop the steal" has not only become essentially the Trump horde's mantra, but was shouted by dozens of people invading the building.

And saying "it could have been worse" is like saying a bear only scratched your legs instead of mauling you to death. This is literally the Sideshow Bob defense, as pointed out to you earlier. But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters to you. Any argument put against you merely slides off your billiard-ball smooth brain and you just go "nuh-uh, everything proof shield" like a toddler. If you were watching jews getting carried off to Auschwitz, you'd be saying "well at least they're clothed, I don't see what the big deal is".
Four people died. Capitol Police said officers were attacked with metal pipes and chemicals, and quite a few officers are hospitalised. And there were two improvised bombs, and several unlicensed firearms.
Stop talking to this guy. Whether he's a fucking moron or as morally reprehensible as he presents himself as, just stop talking to him.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It's not an extraordinary claim when Trump has been agitating for this
What is "this", exactly? Storming the building? Can you quote Trump "agitating" for such a thing?

And saying "it could have been worse" is like saying a bear only scratched your legs instead of mauling you to death.
I'm not saying that it wasn't undesirable, I'm just cautioning against calling it "THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN!", because the BLM riots were a lot worse, caused a lot more damage, and killed a lot more people. This pales in comparison.

Oh, four? That's news to me. After looking it up, we don't know the circumstances of their death, or who they were, or why they died.

In addition to the shooting, one woman and two men died "around the Capitol grounds" after suffering "separate medical emergencies," Contee said. Contee did not identify any of the deceased or provide further information on the medical issues that lead to their deaths.
- https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-supporters-us-capitol-4-dead

So until we know more about the circumstances of these other 3, it's not fair to lump them in together. They could have died from heart attacks for all we know.

Still undesirable, but still not the worst thing ever. Still pales in comparison to other riots last year.

If you're incapable of having an honest debate
I asked for evidence, you didn't provide any. Looks like the one who is incapable of having an honest debate is you.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
We are all depressed but I just want to say something, despite all the lawsuits, despite all the hate, despite the rise of nationalism fever bringing on idiocy, and despite Trump's cult breaking into the capitol itself our democracy did not break, it bent and rusted because of that orange fucking blob but it held. Trump and his Cult could not change the fact that Biden won and the Republicans paid dearly for propping up his idiocy by losing the house, the Senate, and the presidency.

I feel like that's something we should be proud of. our system may be flawed but it is able to keep out tyranny no matter how much power the Tyrant may have had.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Stop talking to this guy. Whether he's a fucking moron or as morally reprehensible as he presents himself as, just stop talking to him.
It seems like certain people don't like to think that I could just be a normal, reasonable person. Because then it would mean that my opinions are normal and reasonable as well. And certain people have already made up their minds and dug their trenches, and anyone with opinions that differ from theirs must be held by unhuman monsters without compassion or decency.

So the thought that this isn't true is unthinkable to certain people, and scares them more than the opinion itself.

The people that I respect the most on these forums don't fall for that line of thinking.

our democracy did not break, it bent and rusted because of that orange fucking blob but it held.
If our elections were, in fact, compromised, then "our democracy" is already broken.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Houseman, I'm done with you.

If you're that dense, I can't educate you.
If you're incapable of having an honest debate, there's literally no point in talking to you.

I fully expect you to claim how vindicated you are or whatever preserves your ego in the reality bubble you live in. I don't care.
The block button is your friend. Seriously, I've had him blocked for ages and the only way I know he exists is when people quote him. This forum makes posts by blocked people really unobtrusive, so there's not even the temptation be like, like, 'Oh, what silly thing is he saying now?'.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
If our elections were, in fact, compromised, then "our democracy" is already broken.
But they weren't. Only in Trump's fairy land were they compromised. Everyone in the real world already dismissed that.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
We are all depressed but I just want to say something, despite all the lawsuits, despite all the hate, despite the rise of nationalism fever bringing on idiocy, and despite Trump's cult breaking into the capitol itself our democracy did not break, it bent and rusted because of that orange fucking blob but it held. Trump and his Cult could not change the fact that Biden won and the Republicans paid dearly for propping up his idiocy by losing the house, the Senate, and the presidency.

I feel like that's something we should be proud of. our system may be flawed but it is able to keep out tyranny no matter how much power the Tyrant may have had.
If there is one thing that trump really showed, its the strength of our institutions and that we can survive a wanna be tyrant.

Which they weren't, so feel free to fuck off with that.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016

I'm not depressed. The Capitol thing is mad, but I think it's good that we've put faces and names to domestic terrorism. Right-thinking people can see now how far they've slipped and can start trying to make reparations. Obviously there's going to be a number of idiot hold-outs, but they won't have the backing they once had.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
But they weren't. Only in Trump's fairy land were they compromised. Everyone in the real world already dismissed that.
People just flat-out denying it is what got the capitol stormed in the first place.

Wouldn't it be better if you could convince the capitol-stormers that the election wasn't compromised? Then EVERYONE would hold the belief that the election was safe and secure, instead of just democrats.

It doesn't really sound like a radical concept: Proving to other people that they're wrong instead of just going "No, you're wrong!"

This whole thing wouldn't have happened if the states could have just done the audits (real audits) and had transparent elections like everyone wanted.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm not depressed. The Capitol thing is mad, but I think it's good that we've put faces and names to domestic terrorism. Right-thinking people can see now how far they've slipped and can start trying to make reparations. Obviously there's going to be a number of idiot hold-outs, but they won't have the backing they once had.
I'll try to leech some of your optimism, if you don't mind. It'd be nice if this was a turning point...

Status
Not open for further replies.