Tap water , do you drink it?

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
Well at home yeah I had no problem just filling a cup from my kitchen sink but at college? Nope I tried the water and have decided that until I get a filter for the sink in the bathroom I'm not drinking it, I'll just reuse a bottle I have and fill it with soda or iced tea or something.

Patathatapon

Jul 30, 2011
Yes and No. I drink water from a tap yes, but it's not "tap" water. It's water that filters EVERYTHING, including things like fluorine that is purposely put into water. Tastes like good bottled water.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Yes, I drink tap water all the time.

At home, I run it through a Britta water filter first. We have city water, so it's mostly to filter out the fluoride and lead.

At restaurants I often order water (either with an alcoholic drink or because I plan to have iced coffee afterwards) sans lemon. That's also tap water.

I also enjoy bottled water, but not enough to spend my own money on it. If someone else is buying, though, sure. In which case I prefer Aquafina. Distilled water is the best water.

2HF

May 24, 2011
I can't in my mind justify paying upwards of a dollar for something I can get for literally pennies. My mind tells me that ice cold Aquafina is the nectar of the gods but ice cold tap water tastes plenty good and doesn't cost $1.50

lunam-kardas

Jul 21, 2011
Yeah I drink tap water, but... then again... I'm somebody who grew up perfectly okay drinking out of a hose so maybe I'm not the best person to contribute to this conversation.

However, I will forever shout from the mountain tops that Arrowhead tastes like bitter ass.

Sep 24, 2008
Did anyone else read that in Samuel L. Jackson tone?

"Tap Water, do you drink it, ************?"

To answer the question, no. But the pipes here are bad.

I really just wanted to point out the Sam Jackson thing.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
I live in a more rural area so all of the water I get is from a well. And it's rather nice. I drink it often as I'm always concerned about how hydrated I am. We don't live far from a town who treat their water with chlorine and the taste of chlorine. One of the many benefits of living just outside of a town is that you get all of the benefits of conveniently reaching stores and broadband, while avoiding the awful taste of their water.

I will drink bottled water but I just don't think it tastes as good as the tap water we have at home either. It probably wouldn't make sense to call the water 'too clean' but there's just something about it that seems slightly off. Though I would happily drink it over the previously mentioned city water.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Many bottled waters is from the tap and the chemicals in the bottle have been found to be not so good.
So drinking from the tap is the only one that makes sense really.

Libra

Feb 4, 2012
Love me some tap water. Bottled water is quite bad for the environment (all the plastic..), and doesn't taste any better than tap water for me. Besides, tap water is free and all

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
I drink Tap. Most times they have done tests they have shown that bottled water is pretty dirty compared to what we get outa the taps around here. bottled water just seems daft, unless of course you are somewhere the tap water can not be drunk.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Finland has clean tap water, so I would, if we didn't have a well. Clean water from so deep underground tastes so good.

demonbazza

Aug 10, 2012
When I go to visit my parents in North wales I drink the tap water after letting it run for a few seconds - love the taste of it....

But living in and around London its bottles water when I'm at work or out, and I use a britta filter jug before I drink the tap water at home as it tastes different..

Each to their own I guess :)

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Do I drink it: Yes, and I think those that buy bottled water are wasting thousands of dollars every year.

Is it good to drink where I am: We have a rather famous natural aquifer, so I'd say so. Granted I prefer to use a pur filter but I don't demand it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
We have a filtration system that makes our water taste better as well as removing chlorine. That said, I still drink our tap water if I'm in the bathroom, because it's fine.

This is good, because bottled water tastes like hell urine (except Fiji water, which is too expensive).

FilthEverywhere

Aug 31, 2013
North of England, tap water is pretty much all I drink.

Bottled water is pretty much the same stuff with added branding. Some brands are healthier than others of course, but all are overpriced outside the locally bottled brands.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
BoogieManFL said:
Our tap water here in Florida is considered by everyone I know to be considered good, however, I don't much care for any non filtered water because for me it often seems to have an off putting "earthy" taste.. Doesn't seem to bother anyone else though. For plain water I'll just get it from the refrigerator since it comes out filtered and cooled. Most of my pure water intake is in bottled flavored water form though. I've been greatly reducing my soft drink intake and drinking water instead. Since I don't like the flavor of water (unless I'm really thirsty) then the flavored water is the only way I can get it down in large amounts.
Speaking as an Oregonian, Florida, water? Drinkable? I've been there, and drank some of the water. Could not stand it, I would actually frequently go a day or two without having liquids there because the water just tasted awful. Everyone that you see drinking tap water there is insane, run, run run. They're axe murders.
Joking aside, I don't really *like* water in general. The taste just is off. Maybe it's my tap, but if it has a little flavoring to offset it(THe tiniest amount) I'll be fine.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I used to drink tap, but then I moved to Tucson for college and the guys in my hall said that the tap here was shit. So instead I go through a 24 pack of bottled water a week.