Tap water , do you drink it?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Aussie502 said:
krazykidd said:
Dude , it costs a total of 3$ for a 24 pack of bottled water . I don't know where you're buying your water ... But you're getting ripped off .
A 24 pack of 400mL bottles is around $18 here soo... That's why I drink only tap water and only buy a bottle if I'm out and desperate for a drink. A 600ml bottle costs around $4 here from a vending machine.
Wow really? I never knew bottled water was so expensive in other places .I had no idea this thread was going to be so popular , or i would have made a poll . But i did learn a lot today . Is there a reason bottled water is so expensive?

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
Tap water of course, why on earth would I spend money on bottled water, when tap water tastes better where I live.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010

[sup]We also have a machine to make it all bubbly.[/sup]

balbuschie

May 9, 2008
I live in Oregon and we have some of the best water. I do not like bottled water as it tastes strange compared to the tap. I find it strange that so many people here spend money on bottled water when we have better water right from the tap.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
I filter that shit then drink it, after drinking filtered then going back to straight to tap, you can TASTE the difference, and the difference is welcomed with open mouths.

maswell

Aug 6, 2010
Growing up and living in Canada: Yes. It was great.

Living and working in China: Heck no! I rinse my toothbrush with it and that's it.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Tap water is about the only thing I drink these days.
Maybe 10 times a year I'll have something else.

About 12 years ago I ran into a situation where I was poor. Don't get me wrong, I live below poverty level now but at that time I couldn't afford proper food or drink because what little money I had went to shelter. I got used to tap water and storing it in the fridge to cool it down. After a few months of doing that it just sort of became habit.

Despite being able to afford different beverages these days I'm accustomed to refrigerated or frozen tap water. I drink it with every meal and throughout the day. It's good, it's healthy and it saves me money over the years. Even on something like Christmas or Thanksgiving when the family is drinking wine I'm just more comfortable with water.

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
krazykidd said:
My friends find me weird . Everytime i go to their homes and ask for somethinf to drink they always say water . Now while i have nothing against water in general, i will never ever drink tap water ( except in extreme cases obviously ). They say i'm difficult , especially since the tap water where i live ( montreal , Quebec )is apparently of pretty good quality . Despite that , i always prefered bottled water , than that from the tap .

So my question to you escapists is : Do you drink tap water?

And as a bonus question: Is there tap water where you love considered good
You are aware that bottled water _is_ tap water, right?
Tap water marked up at about a mind shattering 750 times due to the fact that it's in a plastic container.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I drink tap water. Also because its healthier than bottled water, in that the health and quality laws governing tap water is way higher than bottled water. An some bottled water is tap water anyway, which coke tried and got caught out with. Although some countries its better to drink bottled than tap.

Penn and Teller proved also that the "bottled water tastes better" is bullshit.

http://youtu.be/XfPAjUvvnIc

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
It's good and cheap. And in our region tap water has equal quality to bottled water, so it's actually common for people to drink tap water.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Yes, and I absolutely refuse to drink bottled water. Why would I pay for something I can get in effectively infinite supply for free?

Atrocious Joystick

May 5, 2011
I do drink tap water and I avoid buying just plain bottled water on principle. I'm not normally an environment nut but when it comes to buying bottled water I feel like that is almost the ultimate environmental dick move. I mean I have fresh water readily available in my house and instead I go buy a some of it in a plastic bottle? Might as well take a crap on a badger and light a forest on fire.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I have a 2l bottle that I fill up each morning from the tap and try and drink the lot by days end. I don't see the benefit of bottled water in the UK since we have pretty good tap water that we are already paying for, and it doesn't result in huge amounts of plastic bottles being thrown away or transported around for recycling. Plus bottled water IS tap water, it's just tap water from somewhere else and given a pleasant brand name.

I can see the value in bottled water in places where there is no clean water easily available or it is unreliable, but the UK is not one of those places.

VodkaKnight

Jul 12, 2013
I drink tap water.
But not at my dad's.
The water's harder over there, and it tastes different.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
SadisticFire said:
BoogieManFL said:
Our tap water here in Florida is considered by everyone I know to be considered good, however, I don't much care for any non filtered water because for me it often seems to have an off putting "earthy" taste.. Doesn't seem to bother anyone else though. For plain water I'll just get it from the refrigerator since it comes out filtered and cooled. Most of my pure water intake is in bottled flavored water form though. I've been greatly reducing my soft drink intake and drinking water instead. Since I don't like the flavor of water (unless I'm really thirsty) then the flavored water is the only way I can get it down in large amounts.
Speaking as an Oregonian, Florida, water? Drinkable? I've been there, and drank some of the water. Could not stand it, I would actually frequently go a day or two without having liquids there because the water just tasted awful. Everyone that you see drinking tap water there is insane, run, run run. They're axe murders.
Joking aside, I don't really *like* water in general. The taste just is off. Maybe it's my tap, but if it has a little flavoring to offset it(THe tiniest amount) I'll be fine.
Hmm, maybe it depends on where you were? I live in central Florida and the water here, to me at least, has been the least earthy tasting water I've had unfiltered. Like it has the most neutral flavor. Then again maybe it's more about what about the taste of water you don't like. The only time I routinely drank plain water was when I took Karate for 3 years. But when you're so sweaty and exhausted that it looks like you just jumped in a pool with your clothes on it feels like the sweetest drink you've ever had. :)

If you really think about it this is a pretty bad case of first world problems, hehe. We should consider ourselves lucky.

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
I drink TONS of tap water. The water isn't "good" here but it's a damn sight better than most countries' drinking water. Not, like, most civilized countries. I mean most countries as in the sandholes and the shitholes and the... jungle holes, where drinking the water makes you crap so forcefully that you enter a geosynchronous orbit. Drink the tap water, it's fine, don't be an ingrate.