Tap water , do you drink it?

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Well given that I live in Scotland, where the the water here is cheaper and better tasting then the rest of the UK. Yes, I do.
What else am I going to do? Drink bottled water?

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Yes, I do. I live in an area with clean drinking water, so I have no issues with it.
Boston Area.

Mullac

Oct 6, 2012
Yep. Tap Water tastes better than bottled water here and also contains some vitamins/minerals or whatever that are taken out of bottled water.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
We have pretty good water around where I live. I tend to drink tap water at restaurants but not at home. At home I go with the flavored stuff as it tastes great and if it happens to be carbonated, it usually lowers my urge for a soda. I should get a filtered pitcher so I can keep regular water nice and cold. I'd be more likely to drink at home then. Hell, it might even save me some money.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Hey, OP? That bottled water? It's tap water put in a bottle.

Read the back. Source: Public Water Supply.

Also, you sound a little spoiled to answer your question.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I'll drink it, but I usually filter it first. I have yet to find a city with water that doesn't taste like chemicals, and well water is a crap shoot. My grandparents had delicious well water. My parents, who live right next door and are drawing their water theoretically from the same part of the aquifer, not so much. So like I said, home filtration is a great thing :p

Jul 10, 2013
I do drink the tap water here in Scotland. Never done me wrong either.
It tastes good as well, then again, how good can water taste? Water is water.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
krazykidd said:
Jessta said:
I drink tap water although I prefer filtered water I find water from plastic bottles has a weird somewhat nasty taste to it especially if it has spent a day in the sun at some point so when I do drink bottled I usually buy the slightly more expensive glass bottles.

on a side note asking for something then refusing it because you think the quality of that something that someone has isn't to your liking is pretty rude, it's not bad for you it just has a slightly different taste because they add a chemical to it to make sure it doesn't get contaminated by something minor and it's kind of asinine to expect others to stock a more expensive seperate brand of that something for your liking, if it's such a big deal that you WON'T drink tap water then either hold your peace and don't ask for water or bring your own bottle with you.
How is it rude refusing something free and that i don't drink? If i offered someone a beer , and they say they don't drink alcohol , are they being rude? I'm not going to start drinking tap water to spare someones feelings .
the difference is that if you asked for a beer then refused it because you only drink expensive beer and then didn't drink anything at all the entire time you were there then it gets rude it's like your calling them a bad host because they don't spend the extra money in order to satisfy your needs.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I think bottled water is one of the biggest scams known to man as i live in the UK the tap water is good.Can kinda of understand bottled water in countries that tap water is bad quality but can not see the reason for it anywhere else.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
I drink tap water pretty much exclusively. It's no different at all from the bottled stuff. In fact, just recently Dasani and Aquafina had to put on their labels that their "pristine spring fed source" is in fact just a public waterway. The only exception to this rule is if I am near the beach because I find it horrifically salty and generally not very good.

Arcanite Ripper

May 1, 2010
Well I live in Canada, particularly the province with the best water system in the country. I can't tell any difference between that and brita-filtered, because there's very little to change.

Or between that and bottled water, because there is no change.

So this question now boils down to location more then preferences.

Which is somehow even more boring ..

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
Netherlands here, so yeah, tap water standards here are way higher then food code standards on bottled water

Hambers

Jan 25, 2012
I live in Leeds, England. Our local water company, Yorkshire Water, was so proud of their reputation they invited Holly Valance (pop singing strumpet, Neighbours star) up from London to drink a bunch. It was in the paper and everything.

I don't know any reason I should remember it.

Spacemonkey430

Oct 8, 2012
So I live in Washington state. The area where I live is fed by Spada lake and has some of the best drinking water in the world. And despite that fact, public works still puts chemicals in it. But yes I do drink tap water, its all I need. Before that I was on a well and personally it is the best water I have tasted to date.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
Exclusively.

Hell, I even use it to dilute some other drinks, since recently everything feels like it has too much damn sugar in it(and that's from a guy that uses a tablespoon to add sugar to his tea).

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I can drink it. I don;t really have a preference for it over filtered water or bottled water though to be honest.

We actually have a filter on our faucet in the kitchen, but it's probably a 50/50 chance as to whether I'll use it.
If I want the water faster, I'll just use the tap.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Might just be because I live in a place with good water filtration but I actually prefer the taste of tap water to bottled water. I've even actually bought a bottle of water and dumped the water out and filled it up with H2o from a water fountain because I needed something to carry some water with me and I hate the taste of bottled water so much.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I live in Tokyo.
I drink tap water.
It may be crazy to do so but I filter the water twice and drink it.
I know that tap water is safe, and it tastes ok.
All that remains a question is radiation contamination.
But what the hell

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Yes. The water where I live is just fine from the tap. I always thought bottled water seemed like something a hair's breadth away from a scam, but then I visited my grandmother down in Florida and the tap water there was half a step from undrinkable (although I don't think it applies to the whole state, probably just a local thing). Still, if I were to live in a place like that, I'd make use of filters over overpriced water bottles.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
In my 18 years of life the best water I have ever tasted, has come from the outside hose at my dad's house. It goes through nothing and is just raw unfiltered water. It is the greatest thing ever. Just yesterday I want to his house and filled up two, two gallon jugs of water from the hose to last me through the week.