Tattoos and Peircings

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
I know a girl who has scaffolding, but I don't have any. I DID have my earlobes done, but there was no point because I don't wear my hair up enough to warrant piercings.

I AM planning on getting a tattoo though. I have several ideas floating around in the ol' noggin, but the one I'm psyched about for now is the words "I'm wide awake, open my eyes and the sky's so blue" (or fewer words) on my back somewhere. I've recently had a change of heart about the way I look at things and view the world, so this (they're lyrics from Wide Awake by Lacuna Coil) really puts into simple words how to describe how I feel.
I've not had a fantastic time of it, so this new phase is a turning point in my life, thus the tattoo is gonna mean something to me in 10, 20, even 50 years time.

As several people have said, I wouldn't get something just 'cos I fancied it on a whim. It has to have personal meaning, and I gotta know that I won't regret it.

And welcome to The Escapist!

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
I'm going to be getting a few tattoos, I know for sure, but I only know of one at the moment. And, that is the one I'm getting on my back left shoulder blade for my Dad, who died of a heart attack when I was only 10 months old. I'm going to be getting others, but I'm not sure of what though.
And piercings, as soon as I turn 18, I'm going to be getting my lip pierced. I don't know what side yet, but it's gonna be pierced.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I took out all my piercings when I became a firefighter. I have a lot of tattoos though. I have sXe on my left arm for straight edge, and my initials with my son and my dad. I have an ancient symbol on my upper back. I have some designs on the back of my left leg, some viking stuff on my chest and the Japanese character for "Mother" over my heart for my mom.

Oh, and the motherfucking Triforce on my left bicep! What now, bitches?!

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
I got a piercing in my right eyebrow, planning a couple in my left ear...
Tattoos? none, would like an Ankh on my arm, but since my girlfriend don't like 'em very much, id rather keep my skin clean.

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
I believe tattoos should mean something to the person who has them. I know so many people who have walked into a tattoo place picked out something they thought looked cool & then regretted it.

It has taken me years to decide what I finally wanted & it's all coming together nicely

I have 2 Pin ups on my left calf. One on the left wearing a skimpy outfit & trilby with a Sax. The other is on the right side playing a Gretsch (Spelling?) Hotrod guitar & is all punked up with DMs & liberty spikes.

Plan is to get a third Pinup on the back of the same calf who will be a rockabilly chick playing a double bass... Look up Patricia day & horror pops & you'll get a good idea.

They are to represent my taste in music for the last 10 years.

As for piercings I have my labrette done, 2 tongue piercings & several in my ears. All of the ear piercings were done by me down the pub with a safety pin cleaned in high percentage alcohol. Should never have to pay for an ear piercing!

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
I have one piercing in each ear, so nothing special there. I have 2 tattoos (script around my ankle, and more on my wrist) and plan on getting at least 3 more.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
I used to want a tattoo, but as of late im kind of skeptical to the idea. Mostly because tattoo's have become so immensly popular because of cetain reality tv-shows.

ALso, I consider it to be kind of... Well "panzy ass". Which in turn has made me become more fascinated with the practice of scarification and branding. Now that stuff really HURTS to get in contrast to a pathetic tattoo.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
i just got a new tattoo today, the start of my half sleeves concept. it's the numbers written on donnie darko's forearm, exactly as he had them in the movie. on the opposite arm, same spot is going to be the three black skulls of quezacotl, from the 2012 end of the world predictions.

the sleeves are end of the world. based on Fire and Ice by robert frost. One arm is going to be fire, with ethereal images of greed and lust, the arm ice, with ethereal images of hate, and war.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I want tattoos and peircings, more specifically the album title 'There is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is a Heaven Let's Keep It a Secret', but its obv way too long haha. ah well, i can dream.

More realistic are some small flesh tunnels/plugs in my ear at some point. just lil'ones, but mmh, REALLY considering that.

Whats most peoples views on them?

Hollyosaur

Aug 21, 2010
BlueberryMUNCH said:
I want tattoos and peircings, more specifically the album title 'There is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is a Heaven Let's Keep It a Secret', but its obv way too long haha. ah well, i can dream.

More realistic are some small flesh tunnels/plugs in my ear at some point. just lil'ones, but mmh, REALLY considering that.

:D I like the flesh plugs thing. Esp. if it's only smallish ones you want.

I'd say go for it! :)

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
When I was a kid I had my eyebrow pierced, it was kicked out of my face at some point. Since then I've stayed away from facial piercings. I've got almost a full sleeve on my left arm, ends halfway up the upper arm. Eventually I'd like to continue it up the shoulder and onto my shoulder blade on my back. Current project though is working on a few designs for my right arm. It's never an issue with employment because I'm more than happy to wear long sleeves year round if I have to.

I've got this thing where I don't like tattoos unless they're next to other tattoos.

Apr 29, 2010
Piercings for me are a definite no-no. I just don't think any piercings would look good on me. As for tattoos, I've had some ideas that I would like to get, but I'm just not sure if I do get them will I like them 5, 10, 15 years from now.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Hollyosaur said:
BlueberryMUNCH said:

asdfghjjkl;'# DOOONNTTT TEMPPTT MEEE MOOOAARRHHHH ><.
tbh imma ask my Sixth Form next year if its allowed and talk over it with my parents:']. but mmh okay then, thanks for encouraging me to disfigure my body;D.
But thanks, good to know im not the only one that thinks theyd look good hahaha

Hollyosaur

Aug 21, 2010
BlueberryMUNCH said:
Hollyosaur said:
BlueberryMUNCH said:

asdfghjjkl;'# DOOONNTTT TEMPPTT MEEE MOOOAARRHHHH ><.
tbh imma ask my Sixth Form next year if its allowed and talk over it with my parents:']. but mmh okay then, thanks for encouraging me to disfigure my body;D.
But thanks, good to know im not the only one that thinks theyd look good hahaha
XDD It's not a problem! :3

Synthetic Will

Mar 30, 2010
Hollyosaur said:
BlueberryMUNCH said:

Agreed on the smallish plugs small ones are not so hard to look after, look a lot better and heal better if you decide to take them out for whatever reason.
Definitely go for it if you want them.

I currently have 11 piercings myself

2 in my left lobe - verticle/Horizontal lobe and a normal stud looks like a triangle piercing
2 in my right lobe - Normal studs
A stud in the right nostril
A hoop on the left side of my lip further across than the snakebite zone
A vertical lip piercing on my bottom lip
A bar on the back of my neck
A hoop in my left nipple
and Both sides of my hip area

I'm planning on taking out the lip hoop and adding a Bridge piercing, possibly taking out the nostril for a septim too.

I also have two Tattoo's at the moment hoping for more when i can be bothered to sketch up some designs, i currently have American Mcgees cheshire cat on my right arm near the wrist and a self designed cross/Biohazard type design at the top of my left arm :)

EDIT - in line with popular google opinion

Hollyosaur

Aug 21, 2010
Synthetic Will said:
Hollyosaur said:
BlueberryMUNCH said:

Agreed on the smallish plugs small ones are not so hard to look after, look a lot better and heal better if you decide to take them out for whatever reason.
Definitely go for it if you want them.

I currently have 11 piercings myself

2 in my left lobe - an anti/verticle lobe and a normal stud looks like a triangle piercing
2 in my right lobe - Normal studs
A stud in the right nostril
A hoop on the left side of my lip further across than the snakebite zone
A vertical lip piercing on my bottom lip
A bar on the back of my neck
A hoop in my left nipple
and Both sides of my hip area

I'm planning on taking out the lip hoop and adding a Bridge piercing, possibly taking out the nostril for a septim too.

I also have two Tattoo's at the moment hoping for more when i can be bothered to sketch up some designs, i currently have American Mcgees cheshire cat on my right arm near the wrist and a self designed cross/Biohazard type design at the top of my left arm :)
Bridge and anti lobe <<<<<<333333333 OMG! If, I didn't wear glasses then I'd love a bridge peircing :)

Your peircing seem amazingly sexy! :D And so do the tattoos!

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I have a Treble clef just above my left ankle and my ear lobes done twice.
Pretty tame I'll admit.
I want more piercings, maybe the nape of my neck or anti-tragus, but i think one tattoo is enough for me.