Teacher orders kindergarteners to beat up class "bully"

Magical029

Sep 5, 2011
Spitfire said:
All that being said, I get the feeling that this story has been blown way out of proportion, not least of which because of this:
She (the bully's mother) said she learned about what happened to her son after a teacher who witnessed the incident and intervened went on to report it two weeks later.
Right, so 24 kids supposedly beat up her 6 year old son, and yet, he has no bruises to show for it. Either that, or he did he have bruises, and it took his mother two full weeks to notice, and even then, it's at someone else's notice.
I'm not sure which version is worse. Either way, she's a terrible mother.
People seem to have decided to ignore this. I wonder why?

Oh yes, because it's evidence to the contrary.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
What the fuck did this kid do to deserve this? Did he take the last red crayon, eat the last cookie at snack time, or did he hog the fucking blanket during nap time? Jesus Christ, this is way too far. This fixed nothing if there was even something to be fixed. I don't understand that if you as a teacher have a problem with a student your first reaction is to tell the parent there is a problem. I understand some parents refuse to believe their child is a bastard to others. I don't feel that this is the case. It took a different teacher two weeks to tell the parent that her six year old was beaten by every single one of his classmates at once. Da fuck? Oh, wait it gets better it's because their teacher told them too. Suddenly the phase "Listen to you're teacher" loses it's meaning.

This is a form of bullying by the way. It's what happens when someone in a state of power let's it go to their head.

JayElleBee

Jul 9, 2010
I find it a little depressing that so many people who've been bullied think that this kid deserves this. I was bullied for... Well, most of my life. I suffer from depression and social anxiety now and can barely stand to interact with people my own age. But that still doesn't justify beating a six year old. I wouldn't even be comfortable with the people who bullied me as a teenager being beaten like this.

Learn to forgive. You'll be a healthier person for it.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
I think a lot of people here are missing the point about why this is horrible. It's not that a bunch of students got together and went " He's an asshole. Lets kick his ass." . No. It's that the teachers ordered the students to beat up another student.It doesn't matter why, because the teachers blatantly abused their power and that kind of shit does not fly.

Owen Majkowski

May 16, 2011
Little shit deserved to get punished, but perhaps this wasnt the way to do it. Public humiliation is more appropriate, as long as he knows that it's because of his bullying.

GistoftheFist

Jan 6, 2012
I'd agree that the OP title is automatically biased, putting the word "bully" in quotes. If you look at the video interview about this story, you can see where the kid shoves someone else off the playground monkeybars.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Kind of the right direction, but to far in that direction.

The teacher should have asked who is being bullied, anyone who answers yes can hit the bully once. Obviously the teacher must make sure he actually is a bully in the first place.

That 6-year-old might not have actually been bullying anyone and some of his friends were forced to hit him. Not good.

Also being put on probation works... I think... maybe?

---

Slightly off-topic: When the Hell is the probation on me going to end? It's been a month I think. Seeing 5/8 of my health meter gone because of one simple joke is a bit annoying. =/

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Yeah this isn't helping the whole bullying thing at all.

I do believe that a bully could learn a lot from getting some "real world experience". AKA learn what happens when you putt "x" shit when your 20 years old. I have no issue with a kid beating the ever living crap out of a bully, but having a teacher enforce such an act is unprofessional, distraction towards education, and by an adult ordering this she now has confirmed its ok to use violence to solve problems.

Yes I do realize my first comment clashes with my last comment, but don't worry. I'm a hypocrite so its ok.

That and the fact that kids beating the crap out of kids isn't quite the same as adults telling kids to beat up kids. An authority figure should never condone such actions even if they secretly root for them. I do recall beating the crap out of a bully when I was in grade school. My parents grounded me for a week and my school did an in-class suspension for that week too. Later on I found out my parents were proud of me standing up for myself for once, they just wished I had gone another way around it.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Warachia said:
Karathos said:
If by "beating up" you mean pussyfooted light brushing that a timid 6-year old will do in a situation like that - sure.

It seems like the people going "omg u gusy forgotted hes only six?!" have forgotten the others were also only six. Unless one of those kids is some sort of boxing prodigy with some pent-up rage, I'm pretty confident the POOR INNOCENT BULLY survived pretty much unscathed.
The problem is the action and lesson itself, not how much that person was hurt, as people have said before, this really just teaches kids that violence solves their problems, and that if they don't like somebody, hit them. Obviously this isn't a problem at 6, but it is when they get older.
But see, the problem with your point of view is that violence -does- solve problems when the opposition uses it. Not a native english speaker, but to me "bully" translates to someone that has and still harms you emotionally and/or psychologically, not just "someone you don't like". If someone inflicts violence upon you, a very effective way to make them stop is to grow a spine, stand up, tell them "Fucking enough, I refuse" and if they still try to be rowdy you crack them square in the face. Granted you have to be able to emerge victorious in order for this to work.

I will agree that it doesn't work at six, but saying violence never solves anything is pure, uncut 100% hippie utopia daydreaming.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Karathos said:
Warachia said:
Karathos said:
If by "beating up" you mean pussyfooted light brushing that a timid 6-year old will do in a situation like that - sure.

It seems like the people going "omg u gusy forgotted hes only six?!" have forgotten the others were also only six. Unless one of those kids is some sort of boxing prodigy with some pent-up rage, I'm pretty confident the POOR INNOCENT BULLY survived pretty much unscathed.
The problem is the action and lesson itself, not how much that person was hurt, as people have said before, this really just teaches kids that violence solves their problems, and that if they don't like somebody, hit them. Obviously this isn't a problem at 6, but it is when they get older.
But see, the problem with your point of view is that violence -does- solve problems when the opposition uses it. Not a native english speaker, but to me "bully" translates to someone that has and still harms you emotionally and/or psychologically, not just "someone you don't like". If someone inflicts violence upon you, a very effective way to make them stop is to grow a spine, stand up, tell them "Fucking enough, I refuse" and if they still try to be rowdy you crack them square in the face. Granted you have to be able to emerge victorious in order for this to work.

I will agree that it doesn't work at six, but saying violence never solves anything is pure, uncut 100% hippie utopia daydreaming.
No, it is a fact, saying that violence does solve your problems is naive, so you hit a bully in the face, what is he going to do? He's going to get several of his buddies to go after you with him, if he doesn't he's going to cry to everyone that you started the fight and that you were the bully, and that obviously you were in the wrong for hitting him in the face, and there is no faster way to make your teachers and parents dislike you at school than them thinking you started a fight. At absolute best hitting the bully is a very short term solution and is the best way to get yourself noticed enough by the bullies so that they will want to go after you more often.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Good. It does teach bullies, fuck, I did it. I had a bully, the teachers did nothing in primary school, my mother just told me to "hit him" punched him in the face one day, he never bothered me again.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Warachia said:
Karathos said:
Warachia said:
Karathos said:

No, it is a fact, saying that violence does solve your problems is naive, so you hit a bully in the face, what is he going to do? He's going to get several of his buddies to go after you with him, if he doesn't he's going to cry to everyone that you started the fight and that you were the bully, and that obviously you were in the wrong for hitting him in the face, and there is no faster way to make your teachers and parents dislike you at school than them thinking you started a fight. At absolute best hitting the bully is a very short term solution and is the best way to get yourself noticed enough by the bullies so that they will want to go after you more often.
It's not a fact, and multiple posts in this very thread will attest to that. Bullies are generally not some kind of "most popular kid" unless you lived in some sort of bad Disney movie in your youth. If they won't stop by words alone, and threaten you with violence; giving them a proper fucking slap will shatter their illusion of superiority. They can't exactly go "Lol, that scrawny punk just punched the shit out of me."

I personally confronted my bully, even when he had two of his friends there, whom he was probably expecting to help him if shit went down. They didn't, and I gave him a couple of good proper punches before the teachers got there.

Never bothered me again. Violence sure solved that problem.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
As someone who was bullied in school I know that the only way to stop it is to be violent back to the bullies in front of as many people as possible but this is simply too extreme

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
Lionsfan said:
The police report alleges that the teacher chose to show the child "why bullying is bad" by instructing his peers to "Hit him!" and "Hit him harder!" It also states that the second teacher intervened only after one of the children hit the boy hard on his upper back.
If she really wanted to teach the kids a lesson about bullying and how it's dealt with in the real world, she just would have ignored the kids and let the bully beat them up with no consequences.[footnote]/s but kinda not[/footnote]

But this is ridiculous, this was definitely the wrong way to do it. What's even worse is reading the comments:
I was the victim of many bullies as a Child and I can honestly say the scar's Never go away. We must do everything in our Power to stop Bullying. I applaud the actions of the school staff and Pray this Bully has learned his lesson !!! If not, There is a Whole lot of us that will be happy help next time !!!!
Yes, because a mob of kids beating one kid up with the permission of the teacher isn't going to leave scars for that kid
Why would it help if there were no consequences for the bully?
I'm not going to cry about having been bullied in the past, but I can't see how not punishing the bully helps the person being bullied.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Here is the proper way to deal with bad bullies... Just let them keep bullying and in 10-20 years one person he bullied will smash his face in with a brick and claim it was in self defence because who are they going to believe, Bully or Bullied?

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
The thing that sickens me is the mob justice mentality. Several people jump you like a pack of wolves while the teacher watches smugly: Where is the justice in that? It's not as if they rehabilitated him by punching him into the ground. Without any communication an act of pointless retaliation violence is just that.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Lionsfan said:
The police report alleges that the teacher chose to show the child "why bullying is bad" by instructing his peers to "Hit him!" and "Hit him harder!" It also states that the second teacher intervened only after one of the children hit the boy hard on his upper back.
If she really wanted to teach the kids a lesson about bullying and how it's dealt with in the real world, she just would have ignored the kids and let the bully beat them up with no consequences.[footnote]/s but kinda not[/footnote]

But this is ridiculous, this was definitely the wrong way to do it. What's even worse is reading the comments:
I was the victim of many bullies as a Child and I can honestly say the scar's Never go away. We must do everything in our Power to stop Bullying. I applaud the actions of the school staff and Pray this Bully has learned his lesson !!! If not, There is a Whole lot of us that will be happy help next time !!!!
Yes, because a mob of kids beating one kid up with the permission of the teacher isn't going to leave scars for that kid
and being hypocrits and holding grudges also don't spread bullying either.