Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
OK, i am feeling quite dense at the moment. I get to the page on amazon and loose the path from there. I have not yet gotten to the page with all these mathmeticians everyone is mentioning.

one word.......

help

Karacan

Jun 28, 2009
GOTCHA!

I started working with the wrong code at first, because I missed a tentacle....

So. What kind of Escapist Swag are we doing this for, anyway? :D

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Ok, finally finished. Thank you to everyone who put hints up over the past five days, I wish I could have reciprocated, but I simply haven't the knowledge for it

Day 5 was mighty frustrating, I was trying the answer for ages, and all manner of variations. Gah! Although I'm pretty sure there should be a
hyphen
in the title

Oh well. Time for brain rests now methinks

Again, thank you to everyone for the hints, I would have got nowhere without you guys. And thank you to the team for making such fantastic, if brain-melting, puzzles

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
Chrmike said:
I've decided to throw out one more hint before I go to bed. And to make it lots of fun, it's a limerick!

There once was a great big museum that had so many pictures people had to go see 'em, a girl and her mum walked while together they talked and stopped at the exhibit to see 'em.

The girl said to her mother, hey mom who's that cool brother, the woman turned to her girl and said with a twirl, my dear you're such a good hunter.

You see he was a great scientist, as you can see he sits amongst the finest, but because of some quirks and a bunch of loud jerks, people don't know his impact was highest.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you find this at least entertaining. :)

Mod Note - I approve of this method of clue giving :p
You shouldn't. I just gained +4 intelligence and +3 charisma without even looking closely at the picture.

But I'm incredibly grateful for this event... thank you so much for these incredible puzzles! You guys have done a fantastic job... these are truly some of the best I've ever seen.

SpiderHam666

Apr 17, 2009
Ok, I will be honest. Except for Day 1 Puzzle 1 I NEVER would have gotten ANY of these puzzles without the assistence of the fine (and not so fine) folks of the Escapist Forums. Excepting the EVIL EVIL EVIL mods.

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
SpiderHam666 said:
Ok, I will be honest. Except for Day 1 Puzzle 1 I NEVER would have gotten ANY of these puzzles without the assistence of the fine (and not so fine) folks of the Escapist Forums. Excepting the EVIL EVIL EVIL mods.
Agreed!

Kudos to all who posted helpful hints.

And Shame on you Escapist for turning the brains of your loyal fans into so much gelatinous goop.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Wow! I made it! Well, thanks to the Escapist Staff for creating what was possibly the coolest ,and most difficult, puzzles ever.
To Landslide and ThyNameIsMud, who created the puzzles and to the Nerd Queen, Susan Arendt, who cheered us on.

And, of course, to my fellow Escapists who helped me along the way. As much as I would like to say I did it on my own thanks to my huge brain, it would be bull.

THANKYOU ESCAPISTS!

Pecoros7

Jun 13, 2008
Damn. Day five has been as tortuous a puzzle as I think I can take. Today's puzzle has required leaps of logic, keen attention to detail and a little guess-work to find the solution. I would have overlooked a step or two along the path if not for some of the hints provided along the way. I was able to solve many of the puzzles without assistance, but a few, such as today's, required many minds.

Congratulations to the Escapist staff. While many felt that the leap of logic required by the final puzzle was too great, I think the fact that some of us made it goes to show that the puzzle was more insidious than sloppy. Good work.

shadowmist1200

Dec 13, 2010
can some one help?

i cant make the link between the amazone review page to the tags about zombies that ive read about

Engineseer

Dec 25, 2008
First of all, many thanks to all for the extremely helpful hints. I would still be stuck on those accursed letter puzzles on days 1 and 2 if not for you.

Well, that was great! I have forgotten how much fun it is to solve clever puzzles, since there are so few adventure games nowdays.

Thank you again and efcharisto!

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
I've given myself a migraine trying to solve this one but I got there in the end, possibly through completely wrong reasoning but still somehow arriving at the right solution. Thanks chaps and chapesses for a right good brain breaking!

Lord Nosferatu

The Prophet of Thrace
Nov 11, 2009
That was a good one. Thank you for the hints on the
review part
The last part had me stuck for quite a while, though I figured who the guys were (thanks to a couple of movies). I looked for hints here, but still couldn't get the game.
then I thought about similar game characters
and my first thought when I figured it out was "You have got to be kidding me". I had actually forgotten that game. And now I gots me a badge.
Pitty I couldn't join in the solving while you were in the heat of it, but I needed my sleep.
So thank you all and thank you, Escapist people. Indeed, bring out the next puzzle.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
That's it, I give up. This puzzle is too motherblowing hard for me. I can't for the love of God figure out the solution to this or the ones for yesterday.