Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Man this was hard. Got stuck at a wrong place somewhere for hours... couldn't have solved it without some help from this thread.

And I'm 100% sure I entered the right answer at least once before, only now it was picked up correctly.

Rycerzyk

Dec 14, 2010
step 1: read through the pictures 13
Nine tails
7 dwarfs
octagon
the chosen one
"number 5 stay where you are"
Nine Inch Nails
high 5
octopus
two girls
saturn V
LOTR:Two Towers
dante's 9 circles of hell
Two Face
step 2: find the book of truth
step 3: amazon has good reviews
step 4: the news on escapist are yours clue
step 5: read some Capital Comments and go through the Hole
step 6: use your math to find the path
step 7: make an A-Bomb

joeychuckles

Feb 25, 2009
Rats - in trying to figure out who was pictured after Johnny 5 (who IS that, by the by?), I stumbled across a clue that solved the puzzle for me. Still, an amazing adventure, and hats off to the devious minds behind it!

Also (except for today's dead giveaway), many thanks to everyone for collaboration and brainstorming over the past few days! If only more people would come together like this to solve problems, what a remarkable world we would live in.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
The problem is that the forum was being used for conflicting purposes: as a hint board, and as a place for people who were in the heat of the moment to communicate ideas. These two do not blend well. I think for the next puzzle adventure, maybe letting users get organized into groups that have a way to communicate efficiently, and leaving the forum exclusively as a hint board would be better.

Also, people should give hints for the puzzle, and not the solution.

pendragon177

Jul 12, 2009
Rycerzyk said:
step 1: read throught the pitures 13
Nine tails
7 dwarfs
octagon
the chosen one
Nine Inch Nails
high 5
octopus
two girls
saturn V
Two Face
step 5: read some Capital Comments and go throught the Hole
Beautifully written. I got all the way to 5 without much help but that's where my luck ran out. How do you "go through the hole". I have the key, I assume what the door its but it remains locked. Help.

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
Finally catching up on this thread now that I don't have anything to spoil and it looks like a lot of people actually skipped the last two steps even. They made it to see pictures and took a leap of logic(which I guess is partially what the puzzles have encouraged us to do). You can be sure though that the last step actually spells everything out for you quite plainly if you can get there.

Its all really well done.

Rycerzyk

Dec 14, 2010
pendragon177 said:
Rycerzyk said:
Nine tails
7 dwarfs
octagon
the chosen one
Nine Inch Nails
high 5
octopus
two girls
saturn V
Two Face
Beautifully written. I got all the way to 5 without much help but that's where my luck ran out. How do you "go through the hole". I have the key, I assume what the door its but it remains locked. Help.
if you got correct key you just google it (or place between www. and .com) and then you can buy a nice t-shirt... but wait, there is a hole right there!!!

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Tarlane said:
Finally catching up on this thread now that I don't have anything to spoil and it looks like a lot of people actually skipped the last two steps even. They made it to see pictures and took a leap of logic(which I guess is partially what the puzzles have encouraged us to do). You can be sure though that the last step actually spells everything out for you quite plainly if you can get there.

Its all really well done.
Yes, it spells the whole answer, IF you can infer what the information means, and there are absolutely no clues for that. Not a huge problem, but all the previous steps had clues, if you paid attention.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
Rycerzyk said:
Nine tails
7 dwarfs
octagon
the chosen one
Nine Inch Nails
high 5
octopus
two girls
saturn V
Two Face
And now, several hours after finishing the quiz, I finally understood the last part.
You're a legend.
I can't believe I didn't think of that myself though!

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Yeah, if the black background would have been something more helpful that could have been good.

Maybe a picture of an atom or a molecule

But, a small complaint honestly (It was supposed to be hard). I think the suggestion to split the thread up by day is more important :)

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Owlslayer said:
C95J said:
Owlslayer said:
C95J said:
I am no good with puzzles.

I looked through these forums then people talk about the number sequence, 978159582593, and you know who, then suddenly talk about a website with a hole??? What the hell is going on I understood where the numbers come from and the following step but I am lost from there on...
Maybe look at the freshest review of a certain book you should find if you know what to do with those numbers
You never know what you might find...
yeah I did, and I got:

Mogworld, but there is no clue where to go from there, coupled with the fact that I am the worst person in the world at puzzles makes me wonder why I am even doing this in the first place... :p
Don't worry, i suck at puzzles, too! But eventually i got it done, with a little bit of blind luck on my side.
I don't really want to give anything away, but at the same time I'm tempted to help...
I'll try to give a hint or two, but i hope it won't give away too much.
You got so far, that's good. But i already said something in my previous post that you should check. I even marked it in this post. And I'll give you one number that has to help you out of this pickle: 1343. It's not something directly connected to the puzzle (more like, this thread), but has some great help. With these two, i made it to the next level, and you should, too.
Right

I think I am now at the right place (article) I am going to read right through it and look at every detail... here we go!

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Tarlane said:
Well that took four hours of my life but I had decided I was going to do day 5 on my own if it took all damn weekend. Instead it just removed the productiveness from half my work day.

Really great puzzle by the way(pretty much all of them were). Now to read the comments and revel in the remaining poor frustrated bastards.
yay that's me!

oh... it's me :(

Luhrsen

Aug 30, 2010
Not getting it...
People keep saying use your math on the gray page but my math isn't up to the task apparently. :(

Rycerzyk

Dec 14, 2010
thefreeman0001 said:
come on people all i need now is day 4 puzzle 1!
you need to put cheat codes from games mantioned into that webpage (keep in mind that your webbrowser need to accept scripts, and you shouldnt type that codes in neither the answer box or shearch bar, just on the site itself), then you should get three colored letters groups in that coded part. Every colour is diffrent word, but coded with Cipher that even Caesar knows with the shift also mentioned in text.

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
Yay, I finally understand the connection between the puzzle and the answer.

The second last step left waaaaaaay too much open to interpretation, and the answer was way too specific.

The last step was simple to figure out since I already knew the answer, but even without knowing it is definitely more straightforward than the previous step.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
Tarlane said:
No they didn't. There's absolutely nothing indicating what those initial numbers are for, and there's absolutely nothing telling you to go to either external website. You don't get anything resembling a hint about what to do with the information you have until the url literally says answergoeshere.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
It's pretty funny that no-one realized my blatantly obvious clue a few pages back...
Seriously I practically gave the answer away and no-one mentioned anything ,heehee.
I really thought it was quite a capital idea xD.
Oh well, guess I'm off the hook from mod wrath ^.^
-Tabs<3-