Texas Man Finds Missile Launcher in the Woods

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Texas Man Finds Missile Launcher in the Woods

The greatest random discovery of all time was made in the woods just outside of San Antonio, Texas last week.

As Texas resident Jarrette Schule was busy clearing trees from one of his properties last Tuesday, he spotted a green metallic tube on the ground. It turned out to be a freakin' missile launcher. This finally proves that it's actually realistic to have random weapons laying around in videogames.

The launcher was determined to be U.S. military property, and was built in 1996. It fires Dragon surface-to-surface missiles, though the particular model found was replaced by the Javelin system and discontinued in 2006. The launcher's serial number should be able to be used to track its chain of custody, so someone is definitely in some deep stuff unless it fell off the back of a truck. As of yet, the military has been either unwilling or unable to reveal when the launcher was lost or who had it last.

The property on which the missile launcher was found is vacant, so Schule thought it would be best to throw it in the back of his pickup to remove it from the scene. He took the dangerous piece of anti-tank weaponry back to his house, where he promptly took photos and updated his Facebook page with something probably similar to: "Found a missle launcher, LOL!"

There is no word on if Schule also found any health or armor packs. He probably should have poked around for a bit, because his story sounds somewhat similar to that of Shadow Complex [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6450-Review-Shadow-Complex]. I wonder how something like this could have ended up in the woods, other than a secret facility being underground nearby.

Source: BoingBoing [http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Comal_man_finds_missile_launcher.html]

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
His luck stat must be high-The phattest loot I've gotten from a pile of wood and leaves was a broken BB gun.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Joshimodo said:
His luck stat must be high-The phattest loot I've gotten from a pile of wood and leaves was a broken BB gun.
ha, my luck attribute is high. I just found 2 ($£)10 vouchers for GAME.
but I'm not as good as that guy. lucky sod.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
Thats just going to give him a one-up in any conversation.
"I found $20 today."
"I found a missile launcher in the woods."
"Fuck you Jarrette. Fuck. You."

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I like how he's holding that thing up in the picture like, "Oh this? That's... just my package. Ya know? God sent it, I signed for it."

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
He took the dangerous piece of anti-tank weaponry back to his house, where he promptly took photos and updated his Facebook page with something probably similar to: "Found a missle launcher, LOL!"
I'd would loved to see the reactions of all his friends.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Cool, now he justs needs to find the ammo... goodbye yapping neighbor dog and hello peaceful sleep.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Dazza5897922 said:
Thank the heavens some dumbass child didn't find it!
Ah, the darkness of truth. Instead we'd be posting of some family that got killed by their kid and be all "Wow, thats fucked up."

On a side note, he kinda looks like Steve Blum.

beldaron

Oct 1, 2009
yeah i never find any thing like that my local woods, damn you uptight cheep as british army damn you (shakes fist)

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
How the hell? Who the hell?
Yeah, so the U.S. Goverment spends, what, $50 billion on national defense each year and yet some soldier or other yahoo just "drops" a weapon that's pretty much anti-anything in the woods for joe six-pack to find? :mad:
*Groan*
You know, if he kept snoopin' around, he probally would've found a nuclear warhead.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...by the gods I love my state. Where else will you find a casually discarded/lost/hidden rocket launcher and not get hauled off by the feds?

What would be interesting is if he applied for a liscense for it...

SloLynx

Aug 29, 2009
What, he just found a missile launcher in the woods and post it on Facebook? Well, Facebook is obviously ruling over it's users and don't try to denie it!!