That One Boss.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
I Stomp on Kittens said:
I remember playing Ninja Gaiden 2 and flying through the game with ease and when I would reach a boss fight I would rage and not be able to get past them on my first ten tries. Some of the bosses of Dark Souls had been kicking my ass. The church tower gargoyles is one that comes to mind.
Make sure you're a human and you should be able to summon Solaire right before the gargoyle fight. Makes it really, really easy.

Toxicbubble

Nov 4, 2009
Mot from Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne. It took me forever to figure out how I was supposed to even fight the guy and then he simply blows me away as if I was nothing. First time I didn't even get a turn, he started off the battle with six dragon eyes so he could maximize his magic with four makakajas then use mind charge then use Megidolaon...

Also, Abbadon from Digital Devil Saga 2. The boss himself is a bastard, but the worst part was that I had not figured out I needed to level everyone up until that point when Cielo (a character I hadn't used AT ALL) walks forward and starts fighting instead of Gale... there goes all of my wind and electric attacks as well as my buffs...

AND, (and this might be a cop out but who cares) Hito-Shura (or the Demi-fiend) from Digital Devil Saga... I'm not even going to try to write down everything about that boss fight that screwed me over

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Omega Mark XII in FFXII is retardly strong.

Any boss fight that requires you to run BACK to a save point to replenish your health every two seconds really is not a boss fight; it's torture.

Also, that last Map on Vanquish that you can play after the campaign is ridiculous. There are bosses on every wave with shielded enemies that shoot rocket launchers and have magical human seeking bullets.

HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR?

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
The Boost Ball guardian in Metroid Prime Echos, he is harder than all the temple guardians and is second only to the Ing Emperor in terms of difficulty for that game.

Sep 3, 2011
i was just walking around a train yard in fallout 3 just killed some evil dogs then i hear something behind me is it a bird? is a a plane? no its a super mutant behemoth and lvl 4 or 5 me who has never seen one of these before

killed me in one hit

BaronOfStuff

Sep 12, 2011
Diablo; The Butcher.

"Pfft, I've killed at least 4 unique boss enemies since starting. This guy can't be all that."
*Opens door* ("AAAAGGGHHH, FRESH MEAT!")
"Alright you fat... not-flinching... running-as-fast-as-me... oh, fuck."

This also happened with King Leoric and his powers of resurrecting as many skeletons as he wanted to.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Elizabeth Greene in Prototype, especially when compared to the final boss who I killed by throwing a few thing at him.

Greene is just a stone-cold ***** of a boss fight.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
mjc0961 said:
My most recent "that one boss" was just a few hours ago. Octaking in Duke Nukem Forever. Maybe if that fucker would stop constantly respawning regular Octabrains constantly, I could make some progress. But nope. Keeps kicking my ass. I turned the game off for now, I was getting to annoyed to keep trying.
Yeh this boss is a pain. I blame it solely on the game controls being so god damn awful. Best tactic is to throw trip mines on the platform your on in order to kill the henchmen and then just shoot rockets at the boss and repeat.

One that annoys me that I never went back to persevere through was Theseus from God of War 2 on the hardest difficulty. The constant dodging and chipping away at his health and the frequent minotaur spawns just frustrated me no end.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
When I saw this thread, I was going to mention Ornstein and Smough too... They were really hard to beat.

Besides them, there was the Flamelurker and Maneaters in Demon's Souls. And that rival encounter in Pokemon Sapphire under cycling road. I was a lot younger then and I kinda sucked but it was still quite hard, especially compared to the previous parts of the game.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Kinda surprised no one mentioned the Reaper from persona. if you didntknow what you were doing and he just appeared out of no where, he was going to completely destroy you.

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
Sword and Axe from The Two Thrones. Not that it was bad though, I just had to step up and actually get to know how to use the combat system rather than spacebar-click click.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Ice Azure said:
Caesar's Tent, Very Hard in New Vegas. Fight guys with high DT Armor, Ballistic Fists, all within an extremely confined space that also makes VATS freezing very frequent.
That fight was so hard. I was glad when Boone and I killed him. Thumbs down, you son of a *****!

The main bad guy in pokemon Platinum was really annoying. How does a Gyarados learn earthquake anyway?

Totes

Sep 22, 2011
-The spider guardian in metroid prime 2. That boss were a real pain in the a**

agent_orange420

Sep 30, 2011
metroid 3: corruption. Mogenar. boss just did me in. never had enough phazon to kill him off. then multiple tries would knacker my finger. think i gave up and traded it eventually. wanted to like it but hated that game.

Raymund Lambert

Oct 6, 2010
One of the end game bosses of Need for Speed Underground, I had the difficulty on hard, but pretty much almost overlapped every car in most races. Until one random boss Nissan was so impossible, that I couldn't overtake him.

It was probably because I kept changing my car for aesthetics, which cost me too much money to buy the final parts. But I lost in style. ;_ ;

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Well I'm having some trouble with a boss in a game I'm playing right now called Avadon: The Black Fortress. Multi-stage fight where you're essentially doing battle with an escalating group of enemies while also being forced to dance around the room or get hit by a spell that causes confusion, which is bad. Can make in through most of the fight just fine but when that last fighter enters the battle and everyone gets the battle-rage ability it's just a desperate struggle just to survive.

Well designed fight but also really, really hard. Admittedly I am playing on the hard difficulty and could probably turn it down to normal for this fight but NO, NEVAR! I R RPG CHAMPION, I never turn difficulty down!