The “WTF?!” Thread

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
To me if it’s unheard of to advance that much, it would seem they’re at an extreme disadvantage. Although true to the sport that’s how pole position is established in lap trials, but then since the best car/fastest driver gets pole position, that’s a huge competitive advantage. I think it would be more interesting if that concept was reversed, or even randomized.

Either that or just have several shorter races between three or four cars at a time so it’s not so damn crowded lol.
Yes, the better cars/drivers have an advantage, but the lesser cars/drivers aren't disadvantaged, if that makes any sense. Each car/driver is on the same circuit and subject to the same conditions each race. It's the team and driver's job to optimize their own situation. The smartest kid in the class doesn't disadvantage the rest of the children. What Hamilton did took an immense amount of talent, but he did so at the expense of his tyres and wear on his new engine, but since he was already taking a grid penalty the following day, he went balls to the wall and overtook other drivers everywhere he could to optimize his position and mitigate the damage from the penalty.

New regs next season suggest a lower budget cap which might bring the poorer teams into stronger contention, but I'll never cede that they've been disadvantaged. If anything, it'll be the richer teams being disadvantaged. I know that's a hot take, taking the defense of the privileged, but the fact is it's already a rich person's sport; if you can't afford to compete, get out; if you want to continue to throw money at finishing out of the points (11th-20th,) that's your prerogative.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
So, interesting thing just popped up in my Youtube feed, and if anyone wants to ever prove "Anime is weird"...it is probably a good starting point.

I have some passing awareness of Revolutionary Girl Utena, namely the titular character's desire to become a prince and the resultant thematic reflection on sexuality and traditional/expected gender roles. Broad strokes, but I figured that it gave me some idea of what to expect...Oh, how wrong I was. What even is happening in this scene? Two swordfighters go at it with swords that their partner (love interest?) pulled out from them, on top of some massive elevated platform with...I guess a floating castle above them...and now there are a few dozen driverless cars racing around the battlefield...It's just surreal.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
***NSFW***

Lead singer of cover band "Brass Against" gave a golden shower to a fan ON STAGE during their concert...

Listen, I love a lot of artists; hell, I love a lot of people in general, but absolutely NONE of them can piss on me under ANY circumstances. Granted, though, that "lucky guy" has a story to tell for the ages (and maybe a yeast infection in his eyes.)

(For the morbidly curious, the unedited versions exist out there on YT. I admit, I was morbidly curious. She has a mighty stream.)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
***NSFW***

Lead singer of cover band "Brass Against" gave a golden shower to a fan ON STAGE during their concert...

Listen, I love a lot of artists; hell, I love a lot of people in general, but absolutely NONE of them can piss on me under ANY circumstances. Granted, though, that "lucky guy" has a story to tell for the ages (and maybe a yeast infection in his eyes.)

(For the morbidly curious, the unedited versions exist out there on YT. I admit, I was morbidly curious. She has a mighty stream.)

Much mightier than Nicole's in the Paperboy. Allegedly real.

It is a weird world. ITMT:
1637331056072.png

Reactions: Xprimentyl

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Squeak rap. Yeah, you heard that right. The guy is getting success, so I don't hate him for it. He has both an audience and "ironic" audience.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Squeak rap. Yeah, you heard that right. The guy is getting success, so I don't hate him for it. He has both an audience and "ironic" audience.

Ok, as a fan of electronic music which is most often lyricless, I could almost appreciate his "vocals" as yet another layer within the music since it's completely unintelligible yet still melodic, but the fact that he's actually portraying himself as singing, rapping or whatever he wants to call his nonsense as opposed to a musician behind decks of machines and computers constructing music, I can't respect him as little more than an attempt to be something different for difference's sake. This is just dumb. I think you might have shown me something more despicable than K-Pop. Thanks for that. My life is now worse.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
***NSFW***

Juicy. If you like this particular flavor of WTF, I suggest looking up the antics of GG Allin. Or save your sanity, and don't.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is just dumb. I think you might have shown me something more despicable than K-Pop. Thanks for that. My life is now worse.
Wasn't trying to do so and I apologize for that. I'll be honest with you, I find this more entertaining than Kpop by comparison. Kpop, you kind of know what to expect 98% of the time. This guy is always doing something weird with the squeaky voice, so I'll give him that. You won't be seeing me go after this guy often or jumping for joy, but I'm a live and let live guy. As long as he is not being a asshole or dick head, and just makes his "music", then I leave it be.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Wasn't trying to do so and I apologize for that. I'll be honest with you, I find this more entertaining than Kpop by comparison. Kpop, you kind of know what to expect 98% of the time. This guy is always doing something weird with the squeaky voice, so I'll give him that. You won't be seeing me go after this guy often or jumping for joy, but I'm a live and let live guy. As long as he is not being a asshole or dick head, and just makes his "music", then I leave it be.
Oh, I absolutely will be leaving him be, though I will continuing shaking my head as "music" continues it's precipitous downfall along with the collective intelligence of humanity.
Juicy. If you like this particular flavor of WTF, I suggest looking up the antics of GG Allin. Or save your sanity, and don't.
*sigh*

Guess I'm Googling "GG Allin" now....

... @Chimpzy , you bastard.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
***NSFW***

Gotta wonder if he was hoping she would sit on his face…vs pissing on it? At that point it would’ve looked bad worse if he didn’t just go with it though.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I think you might have shown me something more despicable than K-Pop. Thanks for that. My life is now worse.
Now which do you think is worse, K-Pop or J-Pop? Im not a fan of either. I think this goes back to my bit on Royalty, but the whole Asian "Idol" culture is so creepy. These perfect subservient women who don't go to the bathroom, have squeaky voices and one-note personalities, and are used as living commodities to sell the ideal marriage partner. And that's not against the actual singers, Im well aware the idol persona has nothing to do with their real lives. I heard in some places when your idol "graduates" ie retires, its like an actual day of mourning and you can take off work.
Although I heard J-Pop and K-Pop studios are notorious for using their female talent as high-class call-girls and that the concerts are little more than live auctions for rich and influential to bid on who gets which woman for the night.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh, I absolutely will be leaving him be, though I will continuing shaking my head as "music" continues it's precipitous downfall along with the collective intelligence of humanity.
Don't be like that. I get the sentiment, but there's a good out there too. You just have to take extra steps out there to find it. I don't rely on the mainstream music, because they have nothing left to offer me aside from maybe one or two artists. And even then, the ones I actually do follow on youtube, make their own content anyway not being filtered through TV, the music industry, or some dumb streaming service that does nothing. The good thing with SoundCloud and YouTube, is that you can find more individuals out there that actually have passion and try and care about their work. You no longer have to be filtered through some giant record or label company.

To put you in a better mood, here's a couple of gifts for you.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
... @Chimpzy , you bastard.
Although I heard J-Pop and K-Pop studios are notorious for using their female talent as high-class call-girls and that the concerts are little more than live auctions for rich and influential to bid on who gets which woman for the night.
Considering how deeply entwined the Japanese entertainment world and the yakuza are, that would not surprise me. At the very least, casting couch and prostitution of talents is an open secret.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Gotta wonder if he was hoping she would sit in his face…vs pissing on it? At that point it would’ve looked bad worse if he didn’t just go with it though.
Man, talk about a disappointment. That'd be hilarious if that's the case though.

Now which do you think is worse, K-Pop or J-Pop? Im not a fan of either. I think this goes back to my bit on Royalty, but the whole Asian "Idol" culture is so creepy. These perfect subservient women who don't go to the bathroom, have squeaky voices and one-note personalities, and are used as living commodities to sell the ideal marriage partner. And that's not against the actual singers, Im well aware the idol persona has nothing to do with their real lives. I heard in some places when your idol "graduates" ie retires, its like an actual day of mourning and you can take off work.
I'm not a fan of ANY "Pop" music, but the oversaturation of K-Pop group BTS has made me sick to my stomach. J/K-Pop (pun intended) are so clearly manufactured and so disingenuous, how does anyone appreciate it? "Catchy" and "good" or "quality" are easily two different things. When BTS made a hit with their first English song despite most of the group being far from fluent in English let's you know exactly how phony it is and how easily entertained people can be. As someone who loves real music birthed from people with a passion for creation, I have ZERO respect for those who see music as an industry to be exploited.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is so WTFery, due to how out of character it is for Ryuko, but hilarious. The first video has actually gotten people to watch the entirety of Kill La Kill. The power of memes.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
If "WTF" was a video. I think I've shared this video before, but this is the thread it was meant for.

Reactions: Kwak