XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So I heard that Lil Uzi Vert did a cover of System Of A Down's Chop Suey.

I had expectations going in. It met them and then some.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

I had the speakers on while playing this. My cat thought it was another cat meowing.

Anyway, a lot of people seem to be offended that this even exists. It's not like it made the original version cease to be or something.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I had the speakers on while playing this. My cat thought it was another cat meowing.

Anyway, a lot of people seem to be offended that this even exists. It's not like it made the original version cease to be or something.
Sure. I'm just amused at how low effort this is. It's basically bad karaoke, except not really, cuz he pussed out of the bridge into outro.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Oh, a remake of this song. Original is definitely better, but this version is whatever and forgettable within the hour.

One of the best remakes/covers of a rock song is Linkin Park's cover of "Wish" by NIN.

Reactions: Baffle

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
That prequel bit from Central Intelligence? I always thought how nobody has a problem with the US government torturing people, they just want them to torture someone else to be more disturbing.
Oh, it's from a movie? I thought someone stuck 40+ yo Dwayne Johnsons face onto a dancing fat kids body for the memes or something. Also, I haven't seen it, so I don't know what the torture connection is aside from the title clueing me in that it's propably some CIA related plot. Does it have some really tone deaf plot point relating to torture or something?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh, it's from a movie? I thought someone stuck 40+ yo Dwayne Johnsons face onto a dancing fat kids body for the memes or something. Also, I haven't seen it, so I don't know what the torture connection is aside from the title clueing me in that it's propably some CIA related plot. Does it have some really tone deaf plot point relating to torture or something?
Dwayne Johnson plays a kid who was fat and got bullied at high school, so he got traumatised into working out a lot, joining the CIA and stuff. Then the usual thing about the establishment thinking he's the bad guy because he got framed by the real bad guy or whatever happens, so he gets tortured.

It's not even a plot point, because that's a perfectly normal and legitimate thing to do to suspects, which makes it, IMHO, worse. It's just the set up for a gag about some of his fingers bending the wrong way for a bit or something.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Ok, my British friends, honest question: what the hell does your Royal Family actually do other than get jerked off by the people? King Charles is getting a 2nd coronation?? Have they done anything except celebrate with pretentious pomp and pageantry since he got into office, I mean, took the throne?? What was it, royal horsey race a couple weeks ago??

And to my fellow Americans, can we take our heads out of the Royal Family's ass?? I personally wouldn't care if Princes Harry and William killed each other; why is "our" news inundated with their family drama? Don't we have enough drama of our own? We still haven't figured out how to stop shooting each other; let's worry about that before sending correspondents overseas to cover King Charles' latest parade or his going to the loo.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, my British friends, honest question: what the hell does your Royal Family actually do other than get jerked off by the people? King Charles is getting a 2nd coronation?? Have they done anything except celebrate with pretentious pomp and pageantry since he got into office, I mean, took the throne?? What was it, royal horsey race a couple weeks ago??
Not British, but Charles is the King of Australia, and yeah. That's what they do. Could at least fight the QA self-proclaimed Queen of Canada with a sword of something. I kinda think he's supposed to do something like that.

As an aside, in the 1850s, there was a move to create an aristocracy in Australia, that almost everyone hated the idea of. From then we get the term "bunyip aristocracy", which is less interesting than it sounds, a bunyip being a large cryptid sometimes described as comparable to a bigfoot or yeti.

And to my fellow Americans, can we take our heads out of the Royal Family's ass?? I personally wouldn't care if Princes Harry and William killed each other; why is "our" news inundated with their family drama? Don't we have enough drama of our own? We still haven't figured out how to stop shooting each other; let's worry about that before sending correspondents overseas to cover King Charles' latest parade or his going to the loo.
The only country still using the Imperial system is obsessed with the Royal family...:unsure:

(Ok, not the only country, but still)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's so certain white people can feel special and closer to 'proper' Englishmen or royal blood, even though most of them are as far from it as possible. Other than that, it's just another distraction from real issues going on in America.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The only country still using the Imperial system is obsessed with the Royal family...:unsure:

(Ok, not the only country, but still)
I think we've had the Imperial system down for quite some time now; doesn't require us checking in with the throne every time Prince George skins his knee or Prince Louis makes a funny face. Seriously, what did we even fight the Revolutionary war for? So we could effectively stalk our ex forever?

It's so certain white people can feel special and closer to 'proper' Englishmen or royal blood, even though most of them are as far from it as possible. Other than that, it's just another distraction from real issues going on in America.
Can't speak to the first sentiment, but certainly agree with the second. We're on the brink of the next world war with Russia, China, and let's not forget the petulant child running shit in North Korea, so lets waste resources to check in with the Duke and Duchess glad-handing the plebeians during the 5th Royal Family parade this week, and why aren't Harry and Meghan there??? Who gives a shit?!?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Can't speak to the first sentiment, but certainly agree with the second. We're on the brink of the next world war with Russia, China, and let's not forget the petulant child running shit in North Korea, so lets waste resources to check in with the Duke and Duchess glad-handing the plebeians during the 5th Royal Family parade this week, and why aren't Harry and Meghan there??? Who gives a shit?!?
Alternatively, our leaders are incompetent and corrupt, society is on the brink of disaster, here's some inbred and circuses.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can't speak to the first sentiment
I understand, but unfortunately there is truth to that. There are people in this country with major baggage and chips on their shoulders so huge, that they're insecure about nearly anything and everything. Including needing to feel special, just because they're white, so (they think or feel) they're closer British, white European, or royalty than those of color or from "lesser" nations. Intentionally or not, certain news networks keep feeding into this. Even the ones that are doing this unintentionally, or subconsciously, is still a problem. I'll let you figure out which ones are doing it intentionally, if you choose to do so.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Most of modern news is about distraction and obfuscation of more pressing issues. Hell, I guess we could throw in all of modern pop/social media culture while we’re at it.