The “WTF?!” Thread

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Getting strong Fyre Festival vibes. No doubt people will be served the finest NFTs of food.
Ohhh cool, another libertarian attempt at making their own island! There's a colourful history of failed attempts at this already, and it's rather difficult to not think of Bioshock's inspirations when hearing about them too;

Though admittedly the videogame version happened to present a far more functional and somewhat successful attempt at it, which should say all that needs to be said about these ventures.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ohhh cool, another libertarian attempt at making their own island! There's a colourful history of failed attempts at this already,
The King of Tonga personally sailing in his royal yacht full of soldiers to drive off libertarians who have raised an island from the depths of the sea to practice their libertarian-ness sounds like it should be the premise for a movie, but the reality was less awesome.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The King of Tonga personally sailing in his royal yacht full of soldiers to drive off libertarians who have raised an island from the depths of the sea to practice their libertarian-ness sounds like it should be the premise for a movie, but the reality was less awesome.
You've got to wonder about people whose plans have a core point of pissing off a bunch of Polynesians.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Heard this in a movie, and landed myself squarely in "WTF" territory when I discovered it's a real "song" from a real "band." I'm no stranger to eclectic music and have rolled my eyes at popular music more than once in my 42 years, but this? WTF?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Heard this in a movie, and landed myself squarely in "WTF" territory when I discovered it's a real "song" from a real "band." I'm no stranger to eclectic music and have rolled my eyes at popular music more than once in my 42 years, but this? WTF?

I know this. Afaik, a case of a dad being 100% convinced his daughter were destined to be the next rock superstars despite said girls lack of talent.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I know this. Afaik, a case of a dad being 100% convinced his daughter were destined to be the next rock superstars despite said girls lack of talent.
Well, dad was 100% insane. That's not even self-aware levels of bad; it's a case of "so bad, it's worse."

Aphex Twin's "Ventolin" is a case of self-aware torture. The song is extremely painful to listen to, but purportedly, the high-pitch tone is the same frequency asthma sufferers (of which he is one) hear during an asthma attack. It's performance art. "My Pall Foot Foot" is just bad unless there's a story behind its wretchedness.

K

ko11b

Just replace "royal" "magical" and "superior" with "incestuous" and you're golden. Really, we should be keeping them for scientific experiments, not letting them leech off of state benefits while showering them with shiny jewels and gifts as they swoon around in drapery more expensive that a year's worth of survival pennies begrudgingly provided for a disabled person to live, unable to work.
There DNA never ended

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This is Nivaldo. This man was 29 when this photo was taken

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This is Nivaldo. This man was 29 when this photo was taken
Reminds me of Greg Oden, a basketball player from The Ohio State University in the mid-to-late 2000s we were expected to believe was "18 years old." If this dude wasn't pushing 45, I'll eat my hat. He looked like burnt-out Motown. The incarnation of the "jive turkey."

1653082928522.png

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Reminds me of Greg Oden, a basketball player from The Ohio State University in the mid-to-late 2000s we were expected to believe was "18 years old." If this dude wasn't pushing 45, I'll eat my hat. He looked like burnt-out Motown. The incarnation of the "jive turkey."

View attachment 6199
Reminds me of a pic I once saw of Michael Jordan next to Lebron James, the latter looking older despite being Jordan's junior by over 2 decades.