The apocalypse is coming in October! Three times!!

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
V8 Ninja said:
I find this comic relevant;

OT: As for why humans are fascinated with the apocalypse, I would say it's just a desire to know things. Most people are afraid of death because it sneaks up on them without them realizing. If we set a date to our deaths, we become much more calmed and accepting to them.
There may be some arrogance at play. People really want to be important, even if it's as morbid as being the last humans. Our disasters are the worst and most important in all of history. The world will cease to exist once we're gone. That sort of bullshit.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
They need to put Harold Camping in the home. When fuck-all happens he's gonna say something along the lines of "Oh it was a test of faith, derp derp" and act like he wasn't wrong at all.

Religion's all well and good until people:
A- Start fighting and killing each other over it
B- Pull the wool over their eyes to ignore anything that could disprove ONE PART of their beliefs.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
28th?! That's my birthday. My 18th, this year, to be precise.

Man, I don't want to die on my 18th birthday. I was going to buy X-Men Destiny with the money I received- I was even prepared to be wholly disappointed. Now, it's all gone to hell.

EDIT: But, my god, I can't wait until we actually get past 2012. Just imagine- the chosen day arrives, the many hundreds who truly Believe amass in the streets... Then day fades to night, and again to light of dawn, in silence.

Or, more likely, riots happen the entire preceding month, and some people actually die. That's the power of fear.

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
People have been predicting the end of the world ever since the beginning of the world. Thus far, none have been right :).

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Bah, I don't believe in this crap, if it happens, it happens.

But when I wake up the day after the supposed Doomsday to see nothing happened I like to laught at the crazy man who predicted our doom.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I thought pole reversal was a gradual process that is already occurring, and will come to its grand finale in a few thousand years?

But that guy seems legit enough. Better start the looting.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Psh the only apocalypse this year is going to be me running around in Saints Row 3 using the Apocofists and making people explode into hilarious pools of blood and guts.

Apr 28, 2008
I always laugh when people think the Mayans really predicted the end of the world, because they never seem to know HOW the Mayans predicted the world to end. The Mayans predicted that the world will be engulfed whole by a giant feathered snake-dragon named Quetzalcoatl.

So yeah. I'm pretty confident that they're wrong.

As for everyone else, well we have one guy who was wrong like four times already, and pretty much just crazy people.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
This isn't all of them. Apparently we were supposed to die by a meteor the 26th of September as well.

Conspiracy theories are fun, no?

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
But October 11th is my birthday! I don't want existence ending on my 21st :/

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Irridium said:
I always laugh when people think the Mayans really predicted the end of the world, because they never seem to know HOW the Mayans predicted the world to end. The Mayans predicted that the world will be engulfed whole by a giant feathered snake-dragon named Quetzalcoatl.

So yeah. I'm pretty confident that they're wrong.

As for everyone else, well we have one guy who was wrong like four times already, and pretty much just crazy people.
Yeah, the Mayans haven't predicted anything, the current grand cycle of the calender runs outs in 2012, that's all.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
HeWhoFightsBosses said:
They need to put Harold Camping in the home. When fuck-all happens he's gonna say something along the lines of "Oh it was a test of faith, derp derp" and act like he wasn't wrong at all.

Religion's all well and good until people:
A- Start fighting and killing each other over it
B- Pull the wool over their eyes to ignore anything that could disprove ONE PART of their beliefs.
Agreed.

I couldn't help but to laugh at the fools who left their jobs and families to promote the end of the world on a road tour.

I feel really bad for the families of those assholes though.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
I refuse to accept that the world ends before 11/11/11.
Ha ha ha, I know what you're waitin' for, fellow Skyrim watcher!
Personally, I don't think the world is going to end in October. But the only thing I'll look foward to this month is watching for the excuses when they all end up wrong.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Oh were talking about the predictions...

I thought we were talking about Rage, Dark Souls and whatever else comes out in October. (Its lucky how most of the games in Oct involve dying a whole load.)

OT: I doubt that we will die anyway, it sounds way to stupid to believe in.

Bluntman1138

Aug 12, 2011
The ONLY doomsday theory that is even half way credible is Apophis. When Neil De Grasse Tyson says he fears Apophis, we should ALL FEAR Apophis.