The artist in thee

The Lyre

Jul 2, 2008
Whilst I've always been terrible at drawing, I did quite well in Art at school - I remember for my mock exam I did very well with a pair of arches I'd constructed, a kind of half gothic, half ecclesiastical...what awful times of my life.

Unfortunately, I never kept any of these things...nor would I put them on the internet.

Labyrinth; you're one hell of an amazing artist, even if the 'Contortionism 1' is just plain disturbing, at best. I'm afraid to ask this, but why is there a number 1 on the end there? That would suggest there is a series of them...please tell me there isn't.

Amazing talent, creepy subjects, and Anger Inc. is a great example of that; brilliant detail on the neck, to the level that I am creeped out by it. Even Lily, which can pretty much be described with 'Woah' has an eerie tone to it...maybe I'm reading into it too much.

I'd put some literature here, if I had any, but the only thing lying around was already in that 'Something to Look Forward To' thread.

Nope, no insecurities and lack of self-confidence here.

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
*bump*

I'm liking this thread and don't wanna see it die!

And Shirahime, I like the Blue Pencil drawing. Very nice.

Shirahime

Sep 8, 2008
Ares Tyr post=18.72805.775893 said:
*bump*

I'm liking this thread and don't wanna see it die!

And Shirahime, I like the Blue Pencil drawing. Very nice.
Thank you! ^_^

One I did early last week, trying to get some practise in. Eve from Black Cat with Sven and Train puppets!! Used Prismacolor pencil in black, please disregard the smudgey bits. XD

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Maet post=18.72805.773601 said:
I remember a time when I was a bright eyed and eager art student five years ago. The good old days before year after year of crappy teachers crushed my spirits and embittered me. Now all I do is write the occasional movie/video game review and hope the creative fire doesn't go out.

It's really good stuff. The original poster's material is not quite my cup of tea, but I appreciate it.
I believe I'm in quite the same boat as you, my friend. As a child I always wanted to be an artist. I was going to college for Studio Art but I dropped out. I used to love to draw, but have just slowly lost interest in it. I have a lot of confidence issues. :(

Anyway, very nice stuff, folks. Here's my old-ass elfwood stuff:

http://www.elfwood.com/art/b/e/benb/benb.html [http://www.elfwood.com/art/b/e/benb/benb.html]

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
For the record, I hate you all. Seriously.

Right, now for my artsy thing.

When in doubt, put boobies on everything.
Also, they all have willys because I deemed it so. This is artistic expression, man!

God bless MS Paint.

Seriously, though, I don't have a scanner, and the stuff I draw looks like the ham-handed attempts of a drunk toddler. I'll take a picture of my best work and see if it comes out okay tomorrow. Be warned, the only thing I can slightly draw is pseudo-anime eyes. Everything else is an insult to art.

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Alright so how do I post pictures of my own? I know how to do the spoiler thing yet I still have a picture I'd like to post.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
[http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/the_monopoly_guy/?action=view¤t=img004.jpg]
I drew this a year or so ago, as a joke, it's pretty bad but the only drawing I have on my computer. His name is STuMPY, a bug inside joke with my friends I guess and my former name for games online.
...He-he's trying to tie a knot in some fishing line.
Yeah I'm going to hell.
And I have bad handwriting.

[http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/the_monopoly_guy/?action=view¤t=simonsays.gif]
I didn't draw this, but I drew something like it for art class once.

Also, I have doodled countless stick battles, but who hasn't? I should find some and scan them.

EDIT: PurpleRain, I am good at stick people too, like their expressions, movement and all that (well, portraying movement, getting the engles of the joints and everthing)...well at least I like to think so.

EDIT AGAIN: And Dinosaurs, I am good at those too.

also also wik EDIT AGAIN...AGAIN: I just drew up a Dilophosaurus skull, the jaw don't seem to line up to me.
[http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/the_monopoly_guy/?action=view&current=img005.jpg]
See what I mean about the jaw? I misjudged it and the crest got cut off too.

Yeah, I'm a nerd, and damn proud.

elffymon

Apr 11, 2008
oh yeah i have some elfwood stuff too, though most of it if from 4-6 years ago.

http://www.elfwood.com/art/e/r/erinpeta/erinpeta.html

Alliecat

Sep 16, 2008
All the art here is pretty good! I like all the sketches but I wanna see some completed work!

Deviant Art site (don't want to post art ehre, takes too long) [http://alliekitten.deviantart.com]

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Okay. Here goes...

This was actualy done last night. Everything is a fluke, I had been trying to draw it another way, made too many mistakes and then edited said mistakes until I decided this was the best it would get.

Yes, he's male.
The hair was a ***** to draw. It took me two hours. Every good aspect of it was an accident.
The eyes took seconds, because I have a technique I learned off "teh internetz". You may have noticed they don't resemble each other in any way. 'Tis my biggest curse, my drawing isn't even slightly symmetric.
The reason his left(your right) shoulder is so small is because he was supposed to be slightly turned.

EDIT: Would one of you artistic twat-donkeys be willing to teach me how to do shadowing?

Again, I hate you all.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Qayin post=18.72805.774315 said:
Whilst I've always been terrible at drawing, I did quite well in Art at school - I remember for my mock exam I did very well with a pair of arches I'd constructed, a kind of half gothic, half ecclesiastical...what awful times of my life.

Unfortunately, I never kept any of these things...nor would I put them on the internet.

Labyrinth; you're one hell of an amazing artist, even if the 'Contortionism 1' is just plain disturbing, at best. I'm afraid to ask this, but why is there a number 1 on the end there? That would suggest there is a series of them...please tell me there isn't.

Amazing talent, creepy subjects, and Anger Inc. is a great example of that; brilliant detail on the neck, to the level that I am creeped out by it. Even Lily, which can pretty much be described with 'Woah' has an eerie tone to it...maybe I'm reading into it too much.

I'd put some literature here, if I had any, but the only thing lying around was already in that 'Something to Look Forward To' thread.

Nope, no insecurities and lack of self-confidence here.
Wow. Thankyou. I know this thread is mostly constructed out of egoism, but I still didn't expect that.

Yes, it's a series. The other ones don't have quite the same... explicit content though. They're also too large to easily scan in though I've been meaning to do so for a while. And you should write some more. I'm always interested in other peoples work.

Necroswanson, that is a funky companion box you have there. I like it. Allie too. And Elffymon has awesome dragons. Awesome I say!

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Why don't you post a bigger version of your avatar...this arms have always perplexed me. Are those his arms or something else? Because they're really skinny.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
TheNecroswanson post=18.72805.779078 said:
120x120, big as it gets. The arms are skinny as I based the image on the case booklet from American McGee's Alice, which had her spending severeal years in the asylum refusing to eat. IE: mental trauma induced anorexia(sp?). That and spenidng most of her time there being strapped to a bed, her muscle and body fat content were low, thus, skinny arms. They were thinner then I wanted them, but with my tablet and program, they were either going to be too skinny, or overly thick and misshapen. Took me 6 hours to make.

That bird thing is pretty sweet.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
I've been told my poetry is quiet good, but I'm too lazy to write any right now, and I can't draw worth shit

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
Alliecat post=18.72805.777211 said:
All the art here is pretty good! I like all the sketches but I wanna see some completed work!

Deviant Art site (don't want to post art ehre, takes too long) [http://alliekitten.deviantart.com]
You're extremely talented. I like basically everything you've done, haha. Jealous! I wish I had the stuff to color my drawings on my comp like ya'll do.

No one has really given my shit a single opinion. Saaaad.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
Ares Tyr post=18.72805.779281 said:

You're extremely talented. I like basically everything you've done, haha. Jealous! I wish I had the stuff to color my drawings on my comp like ya'll do.

You're in the same boat as me. We should form a club. Like a Triumvirate...

Oh wait...

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
Ares Tyr post=18.72805.779281 said:

Thanks for putting me back in my place there.

So I'll re-post my opinions. The turtle is fantastic, like most of your drawings it displays a strong anatomical awareness. Your tone could use some work, but as it's an anime style I can see why you'd focus more on shape and line. The first image...a zombie or something? Anyway, the tension between the brows is good use of detail, bringing more energy to the overall work.