The artist in thee

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Well my niece was trying out her princess costume that she wants to wear for Halloween this year the other day. While doing that I took a few pictures with my webcam and played around with it in gimp. Here's the result.

Probably not the best of pictures but it took me around 20 minutes to mock that one up. Sadly my webcam isn't of the best quality and it shows in the picture. Need a better cam but can't afford it.

I hope I posted this in the right place.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Labyrinth said:
Holy shit. I just realised this thread has turned 2 and I didn't even notice. Happy birthday, Thread. Admittedly it's 10 days overdue, but the thought's here.

Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Conglaturations!
You have created a greet thread.
And prooved the justice of our culture !
Now go rest or hero s!

OT: Seeing as how I'm not much of an artist, I think I'll share a bit of my older animations if that's alright;

Superbly old animation I did when I started, pretty good for a first try.

short avatar I created for myself, pretty simple.

Another simple one. Man, I need to get back to animation.

This is my absolute favorite one I've made. I have no idea how I did it, but it was damn good in some places. It originally was only a few seconds, but I extended it.

So, yeah, that's what I got. Hope you liek enjoy!

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Time again to unveil my horrific work to the public eye:

I'm not quite happy with how it turned out, think I need to re-do the lighting a bit, and possibly change the wood texture, but it's my first "actual" render anyhow.

FakingVanity

Sep 10, 2010
Some Marker Sketches and a finished Digital piece for show. :)

[http://photobucket.com]

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Fightgarr said:
This is why I need to get back into colouring my work.
Fantastic work.

helldragonX

Mar 3, 2010
Fightgarr said:
So after several composition adjustments (pulling more canvas to create a scene, hating the scene, then shortening it back, adjusting the head positioning) and with some rendering, here is a nearly complete version of the image I was working on before. I just need to refine the background so that a: the figure looks like it's actually in the environment rather than floating on top of it and b: it doesn't look like shit.

ITS Clair, or at least some claymore!

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
I've been feeling the need to write today. The way it often does when I start reading, so I decided I should challenge myself and actually get some writing done. Sadly, when I started writing this, the date was correct. Now, I'm using yesterday's prompt. Whoops.

From this website [http://www.theteacherscorner.net/daily-writing-prompts/october/], the daily writing prompt for today is,

October 24 said:
Today is National Bologna Day. Explain to someone how to make your favorite type of sandwich.
From the IRC said:
[20:26] <%NewClassic> Next, I want a particular genre suggested. What genre of story should I write?
[21:01] Smut.
[21:01] <+Hiko> Horror! \o/
[21:01] With horror elements.
[21:01] <+Starnerf> Smorror
[21:01] <+Magnatek> Grr...horror...
[21:03] <+Aeryn> Both?
From a Skype Group said:
Third Person ... With two people by the names of Jacob and Mindy.
Jacob is a guy sort of like Arthur Dent of Hitchhiker's Guide.
Mindy is like Susan Rodriguez of the Dresden Files.
The first thing Jacob had to come to terms with is that no matter how hard he tried to engage his latent supernatural abilities, it was still too dark in the kitchen. He didn't like it when it was too dark to make a sandwich. He addressed the counter as if it could respond. "It's dark."
The counter, being inanimate, said very little in reply. Were it perhaps a different universe, or maybe even a different day, it may have responded. Jacob saw fit not to judge counters, and they were probably really nice people. "Counters and dolphins," he decided aloud, "very good people."

However, Mindy wasn't exactly Jacob's definition of good people. Well, at any other time, she may've been a much better candidate, but at the time, she had just turned the lights on. Invasive brightness exploded into his vision, staggering him. His hand shot to shield his eyes, as if hands gave natural defense to light. Tangentially, perhaps, but not enough to sate the burning in his eyes.

Eyes which, given different circumstances, would be more than happy to take in a sight like Mindy. Checklists were made for ladies like Mindy. Miles of leg, beautifully curving slope of body, and hair shampoo commercials dream of. The fact that it was mostly undressed for bed, helped, a point which Jacob took rather for granted. Mindy, on the other hand, saw fit to stride toward Jacob. Every step a gentle wave of beauty. Legs, hips, breasts, hair, repeating with every pad of the naked foot. She felt her body glow with radiant warmth when she pressed her skin to his. Her lips sent sparks of electricity down both their bodies as she whispered in his ear, "What are you doing?"

"Counters" is what his mind filled in helpfully, and he tried to form something more coherent in his mind. He visualized hard about thinking, and his mind supplied him with an image of a hamster spinning in a wheel. He shook that thought away, trying to get something more concrete. This time, his mind supplied a picture of a shrimp running on a treadmill. Instead, he said, "Dark."

Mindy thought about some of the things they'd done in the dark. Instead of giving voice to that particular train of thought, she said, "It's night time, Jacob. It gets dark during the night."
"Night," he said absently, "good time for tea."
Mindy tried to keep her mind on task, so she purred. "Among other things." Whoops.
"Where's the kettle?" He asked absently, turning toward the sink. Which he could actually see now, that the light was on. Well, it was on a moment ago. Where had it gone? He hit his shin on the edge of a counter.
Mindy, adversely, dropped into a paranoid crouch, fishing the little LED flashlight and quickly kicking it to life. "Where did the lights go?"
"Ow," Jacob answered, helpfully.
Mindy's voice got higher, the way it usually did when she got frightened. Still cold, still ready, but higher. "Didn't the neighborhood watch say that monster attacks accompany lights going out? Technology going haywire? And stuff?"
"Right," Jacob intoned absently, "but I can't find the kettle when it's dark. Turn the lights back on."
"That's just it," Mindy said, exasperatedly. Sometimes she wondered what she saw in Jacob. "The lights aren't coming back on." Her voice was getting thready with fear, overriding her thoughts. "Why did we move into this neighborhood again?"
Jacob spoke, "But... My sandwich."
The blue-white beam of the LED was beginning to flicker in the darkness. "Because I wanted adventure. And you just go along with everything I say. Stupid, stupid, stupid. How could I have been so stupid?"
Jacob's feathers ruffled at the comment about him just following along blinding. "I do not!"
"Stop arguing," she snapped, as the beam of the flashlight flickered out completely. Damned magic.
"Yes ma'am."

Granted, it's better to live deep within the city so you aren't getting attacked by monsters of every shape and level of horror. That was never really Mindy's style, though. Too many years of being a field reporter. She used to have a stock answer to things like those. "I've covered wars, you know." It didn't really make a difference to her as to whether or not there were monsters out in the lawn. If it got too bad, she could always just shoot them. Or call the police. Or shoot them.

What she wasn't expecting was a drooling, slimy demon to be sitting where her kitchen window used to be. Or her lights to suddenly go out so she couldn't get a good look at the thing. All she could see was off-white highlights, black exoskeleton reflecting the streetlight from down the cul-de-sac. Mindy screamed, and reacted naturally. Her fingers grabbed at the first weapon she could grasp, and was sent hurtling toward the monkey-like creature.

Unfortunately, the first thing she grabbed was the very tea kettle Jacob had been complaining about. Which hadn't been in the sink at all. The thing couldn't have weighed more than a small child, and when the metal kettle impacted it, it fell over backwards, back into the rose bush she had been tending to earlier that earlier that afternoon. "I'm a little teapot," she gasped into the panicked silence. "*****."

Jacob, to his credit, was positively delighted about the metal thing that had just bounced off of his head. The brown liquid on it didn't distress him in the least. "I found the tea kettle."
"Joy," Mindy breathed, coaxing her flashlight to life again. "Listen, where did you unpack the gun?"
Jacob was bewildered, "Why do you need a gun?"
"For the monsters," Mindy said, taking stock of the throw-friendly implements within easy reach in case it got up again. "Honestly, I wish you would focus."
"I am focused," he answered, "I'm always focused when I'm making tea."
The flashlight went out, and a chittering scream went up. It was a ghastly noise, overall. Jacob ignored it, and rooted through the cabinets in order to find his tea packets. Honestly, the neighborhood welcome committee should have warned them about all the noise. He checked his digital watch. "Blimey, it's half-eleven. It's too bloody late to be this loud."

The cutting board, a heavy wooden number given to Jacob and Mindy by a mutual friend as a wedding gift, made a meaty thunk as it caved the skull of the creature in. Its protests died out, but not before something big and angry sounding heard it. Mindy cursed, and left the kitchen in search of something to kill things with. Like the gun they bought. Specifically for this occasion. Where the hell had Jacob unpacked it?

Jacob had, of course, more important things to see to. Mostly his sandwich. Though Americans were daft creatures, they did things with cheese the French could only dream of. He rooted around the vegetable drawer for the cheese Mindy had introduced him to. "Pepperjack," he said, trying to remember if that was the word she had used for it. Was it?

Something big, black, and fuzzy crawled through the window. However, verbs like "crawl" were invented with humans in mind. The thing this creature did was more lumbering, and certainly less cautious than crawling usually is. It effectively crashed through what was left of the window frame, and used its considerable girth to displace part of the wall as well. When it finally got through, it destroyed the sink for good measure. If 'falling on' can constitute destroying, at any rate.

Mindy came back into the kitchen at this point, arm holding the flashlight beam forward with the .45 raised. Pointless, given that the light from the refrigerator was doing a wonderful job of illuminating the horrible creature behind Jacob. The horrible creature in question was all-black, fuzzy like a gorilla, but much heavier, and much more angry. It raised a melon-sized hand and prepared to drop like a guillotine. Mindy, to her credit, moved quickly for a full-mortal. She was against the dining set behind her, gun raised and in vaguely controlled panic fire. Each muzzle flash left a lasting tableau of the gorilla-demon in her mind. She adjusted her sights, and fired again. The entire 15 round magazine was gone in half as many seconds. Aside from the creatures face looking like a mess of jelly and pulp, it didn't seem too off-put by being shot repeatedly.

Not too unlike the jelly Jacob was displacing from the fridge. He couldn't remember where he had put the salsa. Tomato and avocado, but still quite at home on a good sandwich. The bread would have to be thick to accommodate the liquid though. Nothing that good company couldn't cure, at the very least. There was plenty of good company to be had, too. Though the sink was in tatters, being covered in the dark and all, the counter was just across the way. Counters made good company. Counters and dolphins.

Mindy felt a dolphin-thick arm crush into her stomach, lancing her into the air. She felt her lungs wheeze on impact, slamming into the mismatched furniture in their living room. The gorilla demon roared, her blood dripping from its hand, and raised it to crush her flat. She rolled, springing over the couch, and threw the gun violently at the pulpy mess that otherwise passed for the gorilla's head. The gun, a metal number, bounced harmless off of the leathered face, and fell fruitlessly to the floor. Mindy summoned up all her courage, and tactically retreated to the back of the house. Specifically to her bedroom. The light was still on, which meant she could find her bat. Given a bat, there was even a chance she could kill the monster before it reduced her to a bloody mess of organs and meat.

Meat was the most important part of a sandwich to Jacob. He fished the sliced turkey from the meat drawer, and set to work assembling the sandwich. On the counter, of all places. Part of the reason they were such good company. Though the ratio of meat-to-cheese-to-salsa needed to be a 4:2:1. A very specific ratio into making a good sandwich. A sandwich which required tea. Where had that kettle gone?

Mindy brought the bat down onto the head of the gorilla-monster-thing. It made a satisfying thunk. In reply, the gorilla-monster-thing thunked back, shattered the solid wood bat with its skull. "Oh crap!" Mindy said, recoiling in horror. The gorilla-thi- No, she needed a new name for that thing. It was big, could crush her into a pile of gore, and a monster. Gore. The Gore creature leered at her, and raised another meaty fist, this time to literally tear her apart. She threw herself to the side, which meant the Gore only shattered the bedframe into splinters. When it picked its fist up, the mattress came with it, springs jutting at an abstract angle from the Gore's hand. It even made a comic "sproing" sound that springs make when it unclenched its fist. Mindy couldn't help it, she actually laughed. The Gore responded by bringing its fist up and down, crashing into the floor with a contemptuous slap of the mattress. Again, the creature sproinged up, and back

"...Down on the table," Jacob narrated to himself, also grabbing his cup of tea. It was hard to set the kettle on in the dark, but the tea would be worth it. He eventually settled on the table, and thought about what this tableau was missing. Crisps, he thought, always with the crisps. At least he'd get to

"...eat me alive, huh? Is that what you want!?" Mindy's voice was still high and thready, but she managed to find the backup magazine in the nightstand drawer after a bit of room crossing. The lamps and end tables pretty badly destroyed, and the Gore... Mattress... hybrid... thing continued to rage around the room. Mindy darted out of the room, spilling into a sprawl as the mattress clipped her legs out from under her. It took her a second or two to get her brain back right-side-up, and she immediately cursed the cheapness of her mattress as she got to her feet in the hall. She ran for the living room, and cursed her light to life. Or tried to. She tried three or four more times, but couldn't get it. "Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it..."

The gore tore through the doorway, ripping the mattress off of the springs - yet still leaving the springs in the hand itself - and threw itself with a bellow at Mindy. Mindy had just gotten the light working, and was frantically trying to shove the spare magazine into the gun. She threw herself on her back, gun jerking at the flying Gore, and she screamed as each shot illuminated the giant horror closer and closer to her.

The gun clicked empty milliseconds before a meaty, fleshy mass rammed into her. The pounce was a good one, and it knocked the wind out of her. Then, slowly, the monstrosity disappeared into a thick, gelantin goo. She coughed a breath out, still wheezing from the impact, and shakily got to her feet.

Jacob, smiling contentedly, finished his tea and stifled a yawn. "I'm tired honey, mind doing the dishes?"
With that, he left for the bedroom. Mindy, still covered in goo, couldn't quite handle her anger. She stomped into the bedroom, fists raised. Violence was a good foreplay for her, and she kicked Jacob's ass, things were definitely going to go bump in the night.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
The_Deleted said:
meatloaf231 said:
helldragonX said:
Thanks to all three of you.
The_Deleted - Working in colour opens up a massive range of possibilities and effects nearly every element of the drawing from composition and space to flow and form. There are very few occasions when I wouldn't recommend a colour piece over black and white.
meatloaf - Yeah, this is one of the longest running threads (if not the longest running thead) in the forum, methinks. There's always stuff people will want to post here.
helldragonX - It is indeed Claire, or at least I intended it to be (her mark is present on the neck piece of her outfit). I'm a big fan of both the anime and the manga. It's pretty well the only fan art I've done.

I guess I'll drop off one of my more recent creatures. Today is as good a day as any, I suppose...

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
It's been a while since I've posted anything here, and since I recently did a bunch of artwork for a project I did for one of my classes, I thought I'd post some of that here. Most of it was functional, this is what the trail ahead looks like art, but some if it was actually good.

The project was making a very small video game, so some of these are death scenes and others are artwork that appeared throughout. Most of them feature Tracker-Soul Kesp, who you may remember if you've read through the entire art thread.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Eh.. Sure

A very small copy (1/4th of original size) of one of the last images i put together. My interest in art has dwindled as of late.

A sample chapter from the fan fic first draft I wrote, that was eventually turned into the first book of a 3 book series. The book removed all of the everquest proprietary info in order to be an actual book. But this is the original fan fiction version. This incarnation is roughly 8 years old when i first started writing.

Chapter 15: Welcome to the jungle.

Deep from underneath the brush and lush jungle leaves, Loud screams of conflict are emitted. The animals in rustle in fear of uncertain noises. The night sky has cooled the land, and as the jungle would hold the heat of day trapped within its canopy, A haze of sweaty fog hovered upon the ground. From inside the binds of conflict inside of the darkness of the night. Sharp fangs reflect in the faint deathly ill hue of light that has reflected from the moon. A growl of anticipation is quietly released. Its sound barely audible, But its bass was loud enough to vibrate the ground.

The predator hid deep within the underbrush, waiting patiently for the prey that it stalks. It quickly snaps to attention as the wounded biped staggers into the clearing that the predator is now surveying. Exausted. The biped collapses to one knee. Panting, begging its lungs for the air and being rejected sumarially with each pained breath.

In absolute stealth, the predator now stood positioned over the prey, savoring the impending kill. It slowly creeped to snap the prey's neck and as it slipped in. the predator could see that it was once again in danger. It moved to escape, But the predator was close enough to now grasp, And pin the prey . The prey collapsed under the weight of the predator resting on top of it. A smart ploy to force the last bit of energy out of the prey.

Out of desparation, The prey frantically kicked and squirmed to open up a free spot. It was lucky enough to acheive, and the prey bit into the powerful arm of the predator. The predator screamed in agony as its flesh was penetrated, and blood was released in a splurt upon the soft carpet of fallen leaves.

The final squirm released the prey as the predator recoiled to tend to the wound it had sustained. It scurried away and headed tward the underbrush. But just as it dissapeared, The predator unleashed a small blade, and launched it at the prey. His mark was off, and only hit the fleeing lizardmans left leg. Our predator knew that his prey would not stray far, given that it was now leaving a trail of blood for him to follow.

The predator, In its exhaustion, rested itself on the ground. As it landed its head was illuminated in moonlight. Dark elvan the predator was, His Hair was long, dark and Matted. His facial hair was overgrown and unkempt. Although his whole visage emmitted primal instincts. His eyes screamed the signs of sorrow and exhaustion, just before he closed them, to rest.

It was clear to see he had been in this overgrown hell for a long time. He had become long since removed from the life he once lead. In exchange of heavy platemail, His body was adorned sparingly with what looked to be tattered black short pants. And a belt to carry what tools were ness for him. It was clear he was once more civilized, But had adapted to meet the enviroment that he now found himself in.

As he lay on the leaven canopy, and his eyes sought for slumber, slowly he slipped into the dark void of unconsiousness. But correspondingly, as soon his body found slumber, his body began to twitch, progressing into seizure. He thrashed wildly, and writhed in pain As this pain came from the dreams he now endured.

Two Dark crimson strands flow on the black background of oblivion. Come streaming into the though of dream. The strands move together and apart, twisting and writing together. The strands start to form an image for each. One clearly male, The other clearly female. The female strand begins to lighten its hue from red to deathly pale Blue white. The Male strand, begins the change of its hue from red, to blue, then to green, then into black, where it fades completely out of existance.

The feminine strand slowly takes form of the vision of Dark elvan beauty, With long black silken hair, wrapped in robes of satin and silk, which tightly cling to the form it works to accentuate. The form, moves with the grace of a Katana cutting thru soft muscleless flesh, to slump into a heap. Head bowed in sorrow, Its eyes still look up however thru the strands of black hair. They peer maniacally, as if torn by hatered, anger, and desolation. The dark elvan form slowly fades from the proud indigo hue that the skin portrayed. to a ghastly white, Seeping the blue out as if to be drained out of existance over the fully filled form.

"This is your doing" The form spoke and at the last breath of the last word it spoke, The form opened its maw wide as the mouth works to consume all into the darkness inside. Inside of this darkness, Heat waved from all sides broiling and seering everything. The only breeze came from a stream of bats that could audibly be heard in this darkness, but not seen. From the darkness, the form was brought back into light, This time in a small stone walled room bathed in eerie green light.

"Your future is now, Your destiny has been guided to us, and you will be a part of it, Wether you want to or not. You let her die, but you can make ammends, you can ensure her life was not lost to you in vain. Travel south, till you find our temple. We will wait for you there, And you will be reborn."

The predator woke with a start, screaming and panting for oxygen. The pain of slumber had subsided, now the pain of existance set back in. He staggered to his feet. Due to the torrment of his dreams, He always woke now in a state of disorientation. His mind has been clouded by his visions, And he had forgotten all that he had ever known. All that is, Except for the memory of his loss. No other thought penetrated his mind except for her. How he loved her, How he could have done more to save her, to protect her. How he paid no attention to her love that she gave him so willingly, And how he withheld his long enough, till beyond the point when it was too late. All of his hatered, anger, frustration and loss was not realized until he had lost her. And now his life was nothing but torment of regret and sorrow.

His dreams always called him to the temple south. As far back as he could remember it called for him. He resisted but slowly he found himself closer and closer to the temple day by day. As he ventured into the jungles His mind changed from civilized to savage as the Lizardmen and wild beasts held no hesitation to make him a meal. His existance was now only to hold dominion over the creatures who would seek to destroy him.

As he sat on the bed of leaves that he rest upon during the night the sun began to rise, Its orange haze penetrating thru the leaves like that of water rushing from a broken dam. Unresistable, and instant. The new dawn was beconed by the sounds of wildlife, begining their days anew, from wild monkeys on the ground, to wild birds singing their songs.

He sat with his head in his hand, trying desprately to find some sense of clarity. The only clarity he could come up with, was that he could not exist in this chaotic state. He finally gave in and decided to go to this temple. If he awnsered the call, Perhaps it would leave him be.

He slowly rose to his feet again and begain to walk southward.

The deeper he went south, the thicker the overgrowth in the forest became. He cut thru the vines and bush with a crude stone bladed axe he had fashioned. As he swung his arms to chop thru the brush it felt as if his body was in conflict. And perhaps it was. this jungle seemed living and had set its will against the predator.

He swung wildly and with one final thrust he flew forward as there was nothing left for him to cut. His body lunged forward into a small stream. The splash of his body on the water erupted in chaos in the leaves and trees. Underneath the water he righted himself, and came back to a head at the shore of the stream. He rested, his body emerged in water, his head lain on the soft silt of the shoreline. He closed his eyes, not to slumber, but simply to rest. For the first time, in the longest time, He did get some rest. Perhaps it was the serenity of the water flowing about him, but at this moment. No pain came to him.

As with all things, however. Such rest is always fleeting. As he lay on the shore, He now moved from the role of the predator, now to the prey As he was now being stalked. Unseen an asailaint moved like a ninja in the underbrush. Its movements so quiet, they were cancelled out by the flowing of the stream.

The asailiant moved and edged out of the brush mere inches from his head and moved to unsheeth its weapon.

He laid in the water unawares, eyes still closed and simply muttered. "Is your life so meaningless as to attack me?"

"Who are you.. what do you want here. Ive been here for days. You have no buisness here. Leave this place." the assailaint responded.

He slowly creeped out of the water and let out a very disapointed sigh at the thought of his rest being cut short. He stood and approached the brush which still partially shrouded by its leaves. He reached in and jerked his would be asailaint out

Before him stood a fresh faced Dark elf. He was donned in heavy armor and bore a greatsword on his side. This was clearly a shadowknight which stood before him.

"What makes you think i want something of an insolent whelp. I would have dropped you before you could have unsheathed that cumbersome blade my friend"

"Youve come to steal the Dark forge from me. I know it. Why else would you be here?" he spoke with such insolence. He could tell that the young Dark elf felt that his space had been intruded upon.

"I know nothing of the dark forge. so with such , thats all yours. Im just headed south to find a temple."

"I KNEW IT! YOU ARE MOVING IN ON MY TERRITORY!!"

"if you mistrust me so well to steal your precious Darkforge, You can escort me to the temple, seeings as you seemingly know its location."

"And once were there you will try to kill me and take my darkforge."

"Ive told you son.. i dont know what dark forge is. As for killing you... If i wanted you dead, you would already be dead. Ill walk in front of you, you just direct me, That way you can survey my movements. If this day has been fated to be your last, neither I , or you , can do anything to change that."

"Im warning you.. You try any thing funny. And the master will hunt you down."

"Whatever. Its getting hot out today, lets just move"

"Ok, and what do i call you?" the asailiant inquired.

He thought and tried to recall his name. It has been so long and his mind so distraught with his visions, that his name , wasnt much of a priority.

"I was known as Viro," He replied.

"Well viro, my name is Bralin, and lets get to moving." the assailiant said as he jammed the point of his blade into viro's back.

The 2 walked thru the jungle, Bralin seemingly knowing of precut paths thru the overgrowth. It did not take long for the 2 to make their way thru the jungle, and as they crossed an old tree that had fallen to create a bridge across the stream, The temple was finally visable in the distance. The sun, which now began to set, reflected the old yellow sandstone in odd colors. The tribal markings on the outter walls denoted something, Which Viro could not comprehend. There were small Ziggurats that were positioned outside of the main temple. Each acting as housing for a small alcove of Lizardmen.

Bralin led viro alon the western bank of the creek , which lead to the outter wall of the temple. It was here that he had set up an encampment, complete with a small fire already burning. A tent set used the outer stone wall to help provide coverage from the constant raining that would periodically fall here.

"This is the temple, now get lost."Bralin said as he bunted viro in the back with the hilt of his blade.

"Bralin, who are you talking to?" A voice came from the tent. The outlines of a form could be detected from underneath the cloth, making its way to emerge from underneath. The form of an Iksar bound in leather garb came out from underneath.

"Your... your... Ratril?!?!" Viro spoke. "But.. How... But.. you... " Viro lost the words to speak, He recollected himself as the Iksar looked blankly back at viroodiem. "Im glad to know your Ok"

"Viiir..Never unnnder esssstimate the power of a monk." He replied. Viroodiem walked tward Ratril, and met with a hardy handshake. He seemed somewhat excited by meeting Ratril again. Bralin looked utterly dumbfounded by this meeting. Out of a sense of feeling neglected he spoke.

"Master Ratril, how do you know this scourge?"

"I dont know much about him, Bralin, But i know the family from which He and I came from. And I know him not to be our enemy."

"I told you no diffrent Bralin" Viroodiem smirked as he said this, Knowing it was little more than a chance to insult the young shadowknight again.

"Viroodiem, What of the house, How has the family been in my absence?"

"I was ready to ask you the meaning of your absence... because It was your death, that helped spark the destruction of the house. The house lays in ruin. Ambrea is gone, Uyliean is gone, Kombust is gone. Weve been abandoned."

Ratril listend to Viroodiem, he could almost be detected with the hint of a tear in his eye. Although he said little, He did love the house, As all who walked thru its halls did.

"Now , Master Ratril..I would like to know how you managed to survive the Sarnak in the City of mist"

Ratril beamed a mischeivous grin, Knowing that he had pulled one over on everyone, but then quickly his smirk turned to sorrow to realized what had occured from it. Viro has played this off as Ratril acting as the catalyst. But he never explained that The Coterie encounter on Luclin was the true underlying cause to Ambrea's madness.

"Ill show you...." Ratril lifted himself from the seated squat that he sat, next to the firelight of their camp. He walked away from the camp down to the shoreline of the shallow creek that flowed next to the temple.

"Okay, Viro, Attack me." He said preparing himself. He looked as if he was bracing himself for Viro's barrage.

"Ratril?... Attack you?"

"Its ok viro, it will be fine."

Viroodiem unsheathed his crude stone axe. He charged at ratril with furor, as he launched the axe swinging at ratril wildly. Ratril avoided all of the blows till viro managed to land one swing, that grazed Ratrils scalled neck. He suddenly fell face first to the ground, twitching and squirming, clearly grabbing his now lacerated Neck.

"RATRIL!!" viro shouted. Ratril continued to writhe and squirm in pain, letting out pained growls. He inched as he squirmed to the water and immersed his head inside. Once in his body relaxed and blood slowly trickled into the water from underneath his head.

" MASTER RATRIL!!, NO!!!" Bralin shouted as he watched this display from afar.

They both looked at Ratrils now motionless corpse as it lay , headlong in the bog. Viro slumped to a seated position, As bralin looked on in disbelief.

"Why did he do that. It made no sense, He ... How... I mer..." Viro spoke dispondantly as he began to feel a small tapping on his shoulder. He turned to see who was tapping and there before him stood a smiling ratril, offering his hand to help viro stand up.

He took the hand and viro was raised to see Ratril eye to eye. Still not beliving what his eyes showed him. He noticed that from his lip, ratril bled a small strand of blood.

"Seems you have more lives than a cat my friend."

"Thats what i wanted to show you. Most beasts, as well as most peoples with sentient thought, can be fooled, once they think their adversary is dead. I mearly played dead, in order to throw you off. What reason is there to fight, if your opponent is dead?"

Viro took Ratrils wisdom and beemed with excitement as thoughts of how to employ this trick ran thru his head.

They all went back to camp and Ratril explained the nuances that let a person fake their death effectively. As darkness settled in they began talking and finding out more about eachother, and how they had all three came to be in this place.

Bralin Had come to the jungle, seeking the secrets of the Dark forge. An ancient method of creating blackened magical armor. He had been sent here, by a traveling necromancer from freeport, that sold him the secret for 200 platinum. Viro thought that bralin had merely been taken by a conman.

Ratril Had came to the temple on a pilgramage, His intent was to pay homage to lord Cazic Thule, to whom most Iksar bore faith upon. Upon his travels, he had came across bralin, being beaten on by a horde of Lizardmen , and Ratril quickly dispatched them, to even the odds against bralin.

Ratril took bralin in , in order to educate him, as he seemed too young to even hold a blade to him. He would teach him a few survival techniques, and would continue his pilgramage to the temple. Ratril and bralin had came to the end of their co operative effort together, as Ratril had already visited the temple, and would be headed back to Caballis in the morning. Odd circumstance that Viro And ratril had crossed paths today.

Viro took his turn, and told them of his story, what had happened against Lodzi, and how he become lost in this jungle. He had also told them of why they were on the shores of velious to begin with,

Underneath the canopy of night,Their stories were told. As night sank deeper, and the firelight of the camp grew dimmer, they fell to slumber. Viro tried to feign sleep, knowing of the fits his body would be launched into as soon as he did. He laid, rested with his head upon a fallen tree that acted as a pillow. As the dying firelight of the campfire finally fell to embers Viro was roused. His body shaken from a hand on his shoulder trying to jostle him.

He looked up from his place of rest. "Viro, Its lord Cazic, who is trying to speak to you. Lessen your resistance, Hear what is said. If cazic is calling you, There is good reason for this. Go to the temple tomorrow, And all should be revealed to you."

Viro spoke, in somewhat of a dazed inflection , to continue feigning his slumber "Ratril, Why are you going now?"

"Bralin is a good guy.. but i dont have the time for the heartfelt, weepy goodbye that he would enact.. Id rather not have to confront him, and then have him still try to follow me. Its for his own good. Hes able to do what he needs here, hell be fine.

"And what about you rat... What of you, will you be going back to neriak? will you be ok?"

"Thank you viro, Ill be fine... I wont be headed back to neriak, Theres nothing left there for me, the house is gone. Im going back to Caballis, If you need me Viro, send word, I will be there. Something tells me, this wont be the last time we come face to face brother."

With that Ratril vanished into the underbrush of the jungle.

Viroodiem rested for the night, but sleep never came to him. He would not allow it. At the first signs of daybreak, He roused, and left bralin sleeping at the campsite. He followed the temples wall to the main rampway inside.

Rain in a rush began to fall, the jungle thrown alive by the rythum of raindrops on jungle leaves. Foreboding auras greeted his eyes, 2 Large lizardmen guardians barred the path inside. As the rain started to cover viro and began to drench his jungle attire, Quickly he threw off the trunks he had fashioned. As the rain poured down he used the elemental downpour to to hide. Knowing and seeing the vaporus mist that came from the hard rain, He would use that vapor, and slip into the shadows of vapor to sneak past the guards.

As he slipped, he stepped out, he was merely inches short of the guards. He ran, naked in the rain tward the doorway. Knowing that he had already been detected. The guards bore their weapons, and looked into the vapor as the approached the point where viro had first been revealed. Luckily for him , he was swift enough to elude their sight, and slip by them undetected as they approached the point where he once was.

As he rest in the causeway, he caught his breath. He fashioned a crude garment from the dried leaves in the temples causeway. Once relatively clothed, Viro proceeded into the temple. As he opened the old wooden gate, he peered his head in. The lizardmen teemed from every corner, From the loud hissing, clicking noises that could be heard in the distance, from the sounds of metal on metal in sparring combat. Viro made his way in stealth, Not hiding, but just merely trying to avoid being noticed. He would move quickly from point to point, till he quickly became lost in a maze of tunnels. Dirty and crawling in muddy holes, He became in touch with primal, Visceral feelings, Feelings of fight or flight, As he dug his way , constantly pushing forward in order to find a safe place, He was granted his wish. He was greeted at the end of his struggling thru muddy tunnels, a small zigguraut inside the temple walls, the sun shone brightly here, no hint of trees or leaves. A small pool of murky brown muddy water lay nestled at the bottom of the zigguraut.

It had been months since Viro Had gazed upon rolling clouds on a pale blue sky. He laid himself into the water of the pool, to was the mud from his body. He laid in the water and stared skyward, watching birds glide overhead. It reminded him of some of the things he had neglected and forgot in the jungle. This place seemed perfectly at peace to him. And with such, he relaxed his body into the pool. Oddly this pool was seemingly deep for such a small pool. he let his legs unto the waters from the grass they rested on, and when he extended his legs, his legs seemingly lay extended beyond the point of the edge of the pool. He then out of curiosity, placed his hands firmly on the edges on the pool, and forced his body straight down in an attempt to try and feel the bottom out. He could feel a weak current sweep across his feet the deeper he pushed his body in, And as the water touched his lips His entire body was encompassed in the water, He was sent swirling in a whirlpool underground. Powerful currents flung his body like that of a child throwing a rag doll. The water was far too dark and murky to open his eyes to see what was happening or where he was being washed to.

With a resounding thud , Viro was deposited out of the whirlpool. He quickly wiped the muddy water from his eyes to see where he was now. He surveyed the room, which seemingly was an oddity. The celing was the watery whirlpool, that he was just ejected from. But it was held by an invisible barrier.

He continued to familiarize himself with the room he was now in. It was an odd place, which had slanted walls, and in the center of the room, a large glowing, pulsing, swirling, green liquid orb. As Viro blinked in disbelief. There is no logicial explanation of this place. It seemingly defied all laws of nature and logic.

From behind him, a deep, bassy voice boomed. "VIRO!" It rumbled so loud that he could feel the vibration in his chest.

Slowly and patiently , He turned around, and before him stood a tall Mudlike entitiy, dripping and oozing. It stood roughly 10 foot tall, cept the huge spikes that came from its back, which ectended for another 4 feet beyond. The mammoth beast lurched over , humped back as it moved, Slowly it made its lumbering mass tward him.

"OK, IM HERE... WHAT DO YOU WANT!" Viro shouted at the beast.

"Insolent Whelp, do you not know who I am? I am Lord Cazic Thule! I have crushed armies, Devoured souls, Tortured and tormented Millions over the generations. You will learn respect for me! The muddite Growled.. Its voice just as brutally rumbling as its first initial word.

"Respect?!?! Haa.. I respect what merits respect. What do i see here before me, The great Lord Thule... I would have thought you bigger, more intimidating... something. And what do i get? a blob of mud. You have done nothing to merit my respect, Youve only created torture for me, Im here now.. So what is so important?

"This is My avatar, Viro. And i am not your enemy."

"Do friends torture each other? Do friends torment each other? I just want to know what you want, so i can go back to my own miseries.

Cazic thought for a moment.. "Yes, True friends do." The avatar of Cazic's voice dropped a few decibles, Perhaps out of a need to make it easier to communicate with Viro. ".... And I want to help guide you Viro."

"Guide me? To what? what could you teach me, that i would want to learn?"

"Things that you would desire to know, All you seek, all you want, all you desire."

"Desire... I desire nothing, Everything Ive know is lost, All my desire is gone, I only exist to await death now. So now that I know what your offer is.. What is you want of me?"

"Viro... your love.. She still lives. You do not know that. I do. And as for what i want from you. I want you to suceed. I want you to destroy Innoruuk. I told you, I am not your ememy, Our ambitions are aligned. And I belive you can learn from our ways."

".... WHAT!!! Where is she?"

"That is a part of your struggle.. you will find her on your own , And its thru that struggle you will become ready. Go Viro, Go find your way, When your ready , youll come back here. You will not come as a friend, Nor will i let you live when you return. But you will fullfill the destiny you have sought."

With that the muddite fell into a puddle around Viro's feet. The Puddle began to crawl up his legs, and before he could put up a resistance. His entire body was encased in this liquid earth.

No harm was intended here, As The Avatar merely used this to Boot Viro ouside of the temple to avoid the Lizardmen inside. Within seconds, The Shadowknight emerged out from brown misted shadows now. At the entrance of the temple again. No longer was it pouring rain as it was when he entered.
As he became oriented again, he looked around and no longer did his body adorn savage cloth, But Now he was once again bathed in Dark Steel Armor, and in his hand rested the hilt of a new aXe, Dual bladed, made of sharpened stone instead of steel. Lord Cazic saw fit to reoutfit Viro, partially in payment for the aggravation that Terris, The daughter of Thule.

The hilt of the axe held a deep inscription, scrawled into it "This is merely a toy, Seek out the Iksar, They will help you with a real weapon."

He rested the blade on its rest on the back of his armor. And proceeded to leave the temple, Back into the jungle. There was only one thing on his mind, It wasnt going home, It wasnt seeking the Iksar out, It wasnt destroying Innoruuk, It was finding brixtan. Nothing else in the world mattered.

Just as his imaage was to slip into the darkness of the jungle again, He heard the rustling of leaves before him. Slowly he opened the canoy of leaves to see the same wounded lizardman warrior that he had tagged 2 days before with his dagger.

He walked inside, and lifted the lizard, And took the dagger out of the back of its leg. He then bound the lizards wounds with bandages.

"This looks horrible.. Im going to have to fix this... Is that ok?" He asked the Lizard. The lizardman scrawed in its screeching language, but its eyes clearly understood. Viro Nodded to it in agreement, that he understood that the lizard understood him. He gently laid the the lizardmans head on a makeshift pillow made out of dead fallen leaves nearby. The lizard relaxed in rest, Knowing that the predator was no longer a threat and would now help him now.
Viro walked over to some leaves, sifting thru them as if to find the right ones. He withdrew his axe to cut one branch from one of the bushes. The lizard looked on , Its eyes almost relaxed now in sleep. Viro started to walk back tward the wounded lizard, and as the lizards gaze opened up , Viro stopped at a stand right next to him. Motionless. The lizard chose not to move its gaze, but began to wonder what it was viro was doing over top of him.

Oddly, without moving, as the lizard looked at the heel of Viros new steel boots, His perspective changed. His eyes saw that of laying on his side intially, but now seen as if the lizard was standing on his head. He tried to move his body to see what was going on and reorient himself, But oddly nothing occurred. but now his perspective was just lifitng into the air. With a quick slinging motion, his gaze was righted upward, and the first thing he saw was viro looking at him

"Shame you had to suffer for 2 days till i got to finish the job. But you knew Once you met me , your time was over."

Viro held the Lizardmans now decapitated head in his hands, and as one last retalliation, he showed the decapitated head, its now twitching body. Finally realizing what had happened, and knowing its life would leave in mere seconds, The beast let out a pained scream from out from of his maw.

Viro dropped the head next to the body. And as he streamed its blood dripping from the axeblade, He then finally vanished into the jungle. Consumed by hatered, Exhuding fear and intimidation with each of his steps, that brought him closer to her once again.

I would include one or two of my musical works but they are all stored on my music PC which is currently in storage where im in the process of a separation.

Handofpwn

Aug 6, 2008
I return to the forum to make a single post and then vanish back into the mist, much like the humble frog.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Quick Dump of the last couple Creatures:

FakingVanity

Sep 10, 2010
Doodles galore! Mostly marker stuff and a digital piece I did for Halloween. Not altogether that much to say about any of them, so...have a looksee.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Here's two things and I would love some feedback on

And below is my second painting ever not counting ones of the sun as a 3 year old.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009

Fan art based off the game Barbarian Onslaught: The Secret of Steel. If you haven't played it yet, do so now.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/498326