The Best Big YouTubers.

lord Claincy Ffnord

Feb 23, 2012
X (davidr64yt) is definitely my favourite, very enjoyable let's plays. However not certain he counts as one of the really big ones with 180k subs, so out of the more well known ones I would have to say TotalBiscuit.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
BathorysGraveland2 said:
The biggest YouTubers I watch are GophersVids (almost 50,000 subs and over 12 mil views) and PrinceofMacedon (75,000+ subs and 46 mil views). Would they count as "big YouTubers"?
Gopher is pretty good, really enjoyed his Vampire: the Masquerade Let's Play.

Mine would be Game Grumps [http://www.youtube.com/user/GameGrumps?feature=g-subs-u], Hutch [http://www.youtube.com/user/shaun0728?feature=g-subs-u], Seananners [http://www.youtube.com/user/SeaNanners?feature=g-subs-u] and Star_ [http://www.youtube.com/user/Niichts?feature=g-subs-u], though I'm sub'd to more than them.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Mr ScooterMagruder. He's not THAT big but he deserves to be. I would shake his hand if we happen to run into each other on a street.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
dragonswarrior said:
I'm not sure if they count as big to Youtube, but TeamFourStar and their Dragon Ball Z Abridged videos are fantastic, and hit millions of views each time.
Their Hellsing one has me in stitches. Every damn time.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
FrankieonPCin1080p puts out pretty good videos.

He mainly does DayZ and BF3 videos so he might not be everyone's cup of tea but his DayZ videos are amazing. No trolling, no "look at me, I can camp on a hill in a bush", just great editing and great role playing. And his BF3 videos are good as well, although he mainly uses the gameplay as a background to talk about other stuff.

I'd also say CriousGamers (Or ChilledChaos), EatMyDiction and GassyMexican also put out some pretty funny stuff, although they're not "big". They do a good mix of games between, from big name titles to Source Mods.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
My favourites are Totalbiscuit, he's a excellent journalist and presenter, Jesse Cox, hilarious, and I like the Yogscast but I don't watch them as much as I used to.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Sassafrass said:
FrankieonPCin1080p puts out pretty good videos.

He mainly does DayZ and BF3 videos so he might not be everyone's cup of tea but his DayZ videos are amazing. No trolling, no "look at me, I can camp on a hill in a bush", just great editing and great role playing. And his BF3 videos are good as well, although he mainly uses the gameplay as a background to talk about other stuff.

I'd also say CriousGamers (Or ChilledChaos), EatMyDiction and GassyMexican also put out some pretty funny stuff, although they're not "big". They do a good mix of games between, from big name titles to Source Mods.
I've actually met both Chilled Chaos and Gassy Mexican. They're pretty cool guys, though they kinda fell off of my map when I left the machinima scene. I met Chilled when I was co-hosting for a friend's podcast, and I met Gassy on some old machinima-centered website before it fell apart because of piss-poor management. Hell, I think I remember something about an admin war and one of the admins was demonized and turned into a quickmeme or something. Only other people from that site would get the joke though.

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
Mr Cwtchy said:
Big fan of Day9's stuff. I don't even play Starcraft, I just like his personality. Extra special shoutout to his Amnesia LP, which I think is the best one out there on the Youtubez.

Highlight of that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLZgJ1Die9Y
I love Day9, but I haven't seen his Amnesia LP. That was actually terrifying to watch, it's not often that you see someone genuinely scared, but I almost soiled myself at the end there.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Aussie502 said:
Mr Cwtchy said:
Big fan of Day9's stuff. I don't even play Starcraft, I just like his personality. Extra special shoutout to his Amnesia LP, which I think is the best one out there on the Youtubez.

Highlight of that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLZgJ1Die9Y
I love Day9, but I haven't seen his Amnesia LP. That was actually terrifying to watch, it's not often that you see someone genuinely scared, but I almost soiled myself at the end there.
Yup, he was like this for much of the LP. The first 30 mins or so he acts so confident, by the end of his first session that façade was utterly shattered. :p

I highly recommend watching the whole thing, unless you haven't played the game yourself yet and plan to some day.

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
ERB - I dont think I need to Give a reason

Totalhalibut - Probably one of the best gaming figures on Youtube, because he more or less takes it seriously

OMFGCata (Well, if you consider 416k subs big enough) - Funny and plays alot of RPGs

Jefmajor (once again, not huge, but pretty big) - Hilarious, and, despite claiming to be incompetent, pretty informative during his lets play's

Vsauce - Seriously awesome

Freddie Wong - Great Special Effects (MORE GUNS!)

Epidemic Magick

Dec 19, 2012
Not sure if all of these would classify as BigYouTubers, in no perticular order :

PewDiePie - Yeah, most of the time he's annoying and seems as he's trying too hard, but some of his LP's are awesome, especially when he genuinely enjoys the game he's playing (Fahrenheit, for the best recent example)

Ashens - The man's just so naturaly funny and could probably do reviews of anything in the world and make it funny.

The Amazing Atheist - TJ sometimes rants on about stuff he's ranted about for a million times, but more often than not he's very interesting and thought provoking

A Dose Of Buckley - although he can be a bit douchey and elitist (without realizing it, apparently), runs a very fun show to watch

TheRadBrad - He sucks at most games I've seen him play, but is such a positive character that I stick to his LP's and get frustrated and yell at the screen, and ultimately get enjoyment out of it - it's very weird...

Kikoskia - One of the best and most dedicated LPers out there, while being naturaly funny and making even the boring grinding and leveling in old-school RPG's fun to watch.

TotalBiscuit - WTF is... ? series are awesome, but I like the commentary given in Content Patch even more.

NonStampCollector - a very cool and funny atheist cartoonist

potholer54 - the best dismantler of YEC's nonsense in the world

jonlajoie - although not as active on the channel in the last months, the man's a bloody genious

Retsuprae - well, the true LP celebrities, what can I say more ?

lophatjello - aka Happy Video Game Nerd, very cool retro reviews

Also should mention the guys I originally saw on YT, but then went on to watch on their sites :
AVGN, Spoony, SideScrollers, AngryJoe, Pat the NES Punk, The Cinema Snob...

rayman56

Mar 14, 2012
Give me them Creatures man! SSoHPKC, Kootra, ZeRoyalViking, Sp00n, Nova, Sly, but fuck Danz. Also good old Gassy Mexican, Chilled Chaos, EatMyDiction1, Hutch, Seananners, Vash, WoodysGamertag, TeamFourStar, and Achievement Hunter. Everyone of these guys are awesome.

Eliwood10

Feb 4, 2013
I'm mostly subscribed to LP channels, I like them as background noise while I work:

Yogscast - I'm subscribed to most of their channels; my personal faves are Nilesy and Zoey.

Tobuscus - Sometimes it's good to be reminded that some people are worse at video games than I am. Plus he can be really funny, especially when he sings or does silly voices. :p

Captain Sparklez - Again, background noise mostly, and a good way to keep up with recent Minecraft mods and snapshots.

Game Grumps - Probably the only LP channel I actually devote my full attention to when I watch. Pure comedy, I love it.

HuskyStarcraft - I just love this guy's voice and his enthusiasm, his Starcraft 2 commentaries are fun to listen to. I also love his LPs, he's hilariously bad at games that aren't Starcraft. (Just watch his Scribblenauts Unlimited playthrough)

Other than that I like JonTron, Peanut Butter Gamer, Egoraptor, Freddy Wong and Corridor Digital, and Tobuscus' main channel has some great stuff (his Literal Trailers are gold).

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
While he's not particularly big, Epic Name Bro deserves a special mention. His channel is like a glorious encyclopaedia of Dark Souls lore and his speculations about the things that FromSoft left ambiguous are always very insightful and interesting to listen to.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
Mine are-
Mattthewpatrick13
TheSw1tcher
Dodger (presshearttocontinue & DexterityBonus)
Spoony
Team Four Star
331ERock
and AVGN

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
I don't know about big ones, the biggest ones I watch a lot recently would probably be vlogbrothers and their channel scishow, they're really good.

But I usually watch more of TheoreticalBullshit and SysiphusRedeemed of late. He doesn't upload to YT anymore, but Foldable Human (He's got his own site somewhere) is really good.

Darklord008

Dec 14, 2011
RoosterTeeth/ Achievement Hunter - I my esteemed opinion, everything they do is gold.

ERB - Pretty self-explanatory.

Dexter Manning - Does some good stuff, kinda rambles a bit in his LPs, but I enjoy him. The guy he used to do Sanity Not Included with, Lyle, is awesome too, but he rarely updates, so...

LittleKuriboh - YGOTAS, 'nuff said. Matter of fact, he's coming to a con at my college, I may have to go check it out...

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Well since no one's said anything about them yet (I think), I'll contribute with the Green brother's stuff.

Scishow, Crash Course and Vlog brothers are all pretty awesome. Combined together they have around two million subs, so I'd say that's a pretty big group of channels.

Also:
Total Biscuit
Husky
Nerd Cubed
Day[9]

Oh and EmceeProphIt (who I found on the Escapist). He's not a big channel at all and his videos are incredibly infrequent, but his game analysis(es?) are awesome.

Edit: Damn ninja'd by only two posts...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Two immediately spring to mind.

1. LittleKuriboh. Yeah I know he also puts his stuff on Blip, but he still uploads his stuff to Youtube so it counts. He's the guy Youtube bans can't keep down, the voice of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. Most of what I love about his stuff, though, is his Let's Play of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. His take on it, though, is that he does it...as Marik Ishtar!! Oh and Bakura's farting around in the background somewhere.

2. Team Four Star. You may say I'm repeating myself, since TFS also uploads to Blip, are responsible for a hilarious Abridged Series (Dragon Ball Z Abridged) and do hilarious Let's Plays as characters from the series (Two Saiyans Play, AKA "Nappa Annoys Vegeta While Playing Video Games", not even counting the TFS Let's Plays). True, but come on, if you watched Dragon Ball Z in the 90s (as I did), worship of TFS is manditory. Plus, Ghost Nappa.

However, I just thought of a third.

Emer "Hellsing920" Prevost. I started watching Emer when he was doing his Fanboy Chronicles videos way back when, I really enjoyed his Longbox Chronicles videos (my personal favorite being the WWE comics he's reviewed), but his best idea has to be Reaction and Review. He basically records himself watching a movie, reacting to certain parts of it that either really catch his eye or are worth going into detail on why the moment is really freaking stupid/offensive/unnessecary/whatever, then after the credits come up he gives a review about wether he liked the movie or not.