The Best book you OWN

Nifarious

Mar 15, 2010
The Oxford English Dictionary...al 19 volumes.

Though to be fair, my favorite book is probably Blanchot's Infinite Conversation...though that's a very tentative favorite among many.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
The Hobbit

It's one of the few books I own (most are from school days). This is a clear winner.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Mortal Engines. Best book ever written in my opinion, few else can match cyborg bounty hunters, moving cities, resurrected "Old tech" laser weaponry, cities in the sky, a destroyed earth, a war between tractioners and anti-tractioners, a steampunk aesthetic this book is just AWESOME!

I've read every book in the series (the first was my favourite) yet I haven't read anything else by Phillip Reeve, I was curious about Larklight though, is it any good?

Jul 22, 2009
Koroviev said:
How do you even get a hold of it? I've done some research, and I have yet to find a local retailer that carriers it. Is it only available through the Internet on Amazon or something?
Can't really help you there. I won one from the Metro 2033 Facebook page.

I've seen a few copies in Waterstones if that helps?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
The Retro Mancer one of the few books I enjoined reading (I hate reading and picked it up because of the title and cover)

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand.

Get it. Read it. Full disclosure: I don't actually own it since I gave my copy to a freind.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
The Name of the Wind. Patrick Rothfuss is the man. The second part of the series, "The Wise Man's Fear", is the only book I've ever anxiously waited to be published.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Unsure, its one of my Terry Pratchett books for sure, but I dont know if its Good Omens or the Terry Pratchett quote collection. I'm thinking the latter, because...I'm sure it breaks SOME kind of law to have that much awesomeness in one book.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
Damn. Ninja'd by the original poster.... But, hey. Good to see more Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Aethren said:

Still not done reading this thing. The Icewind Dale series of books is nice too.
I almost missed this.

With out a doubt, the Necronomicon is the best book I own.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009

Classics of Philosophy. It contains a translated collection of the most important works from more than 42 of the greatest philosophers of the western world

Spellmaster

Aug 8, 2010
Honestly i have so many, but i'd have to say either, my hard cover Forgotten realms editions [3 or 4 in 1] or my hard cover of The Hobbit

darkflame448

Oct 5, 2010
I cant believe I've gone 7 pages in and not seen a single reference to either david gemmell or david eddings. My favourite book (series) are:
Raymond E Feist - The Riftwar saga.
David Gemmell - The Rigante (preferred it over the numerous drenai books)
David Eddings - The Belgarion/Mallorean