The BEST FPS game of all time [your opinoins]

Nitrozzy7

Feb 15, 2010
Battlefield Bad Company 2. That is until a BF game that has 64 players, underwater to space (and everything in between) combat, and 20bizilion weapons and customization options comes out. Seriously.

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
Has anybody even mentioned DOOM yet?

DOOM has to be the best because it was the first FPS to have major success and provided almost endless entertainment value.

Rich Swanson

Jan 4, 2011
Half-Life 2 for single player. The ending was too short and too easy, but that is literally my ONLY complaint. It has such great characters that a robotic dog with no dialogue is more believable and fleshed out than most protagonist humans in "realistic" games. Also, anyone but Valve would have been so pleased with themselves over the Gravity Gun that they never would have gotten to the Pheropods, one of my favorite weapons of all time.

I would say Counter-Strike for multi-player but that's just because I gave up on FPS multi-player when I got sick of constant PC upgrades and switched to console gaming. Never got into Live, but that's a whole different thread.

Rich Swanson

Jan 4, 2011
JemothSkarii said:
Mine is The Darkness; I would pick Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas, but I consider them more RPG's. The story to it and the overall gameplay was fun. The Darkness' voice is pure awesome.
Soooo mine's The Darkness...anyone else?
Good choice. Mike Patton definitely tied that room together as the voice of The Darkness.

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
After doing a quick word-search I've found not a single mention of the first Fear game in this thread.

*sigh*

Requx

Mar 28, 2010
Tf2 or halo:Reach...or Ut3 or doom. You cant forget the classics :) and you can't leave out all the great new stuff we have today. Too hard a question Imo

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
SODAssault said:
I believe you're thinking of...

SILENT SCOPE, THE BEST ARCADE GAME EVER MADE.
I think, but the one we have here is black, not red

plank_man180

Jan 14, 2011
I don't see much love for Quake on here so here it goes...

... Quake 2 / 3 Arena! It's all me and my friend played when we were younger and still play it now.

euro2019

Jan 10, 2011
Based on Nostalgia:
Wolfenstein 3D
Heretic
007: Goldeneye
Perfect Dark

Now? Call of Duty or F.E.A.R series are my favorites :)

Karlott

Apr 8, 2009
Crysis. I'm not a person who plays many FPS but I went through this one (and Warhead) twice each, for me that's unprecedented. Loved how gorgeous the game was and loved the gameplay, which managed to feel almost completely open ended while still being strongly mission and objective based.

Trildor

Dec 6, 2010
Come on, someone else has to like Return to Castle Wolfenstein! It wasn't that bad!