The BEST FPS game of all time [your opinoins]

zfactor

Jan 16, 2010
SnootyEnglishman said:
Goldeneye 007 for the N64.
I like that this is the first post... It is also my not my opinion. I prefer Doom. Because I can have hours and hours and hours of fun piling up bodies until the game crashes because it ran out of RAM. What fun!

Goldeneye is my number 2 though.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Half Life 2 and Bioshock.

If reffering to old games it would be a tie in between Half life 1,Deus Ex and System Shock.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 probably has the closest thing to perfect gameplay in my opinion.
Ive never really played another game that compares.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Half-Life 2, without a doubt.

Also, coming near it, in second place, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Honorable mentions goes to Perfect Dark, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Doom 1 & 2 and Quake 3 Arena / Quake Live.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
Golden Eye 007, 007 The World is Not Enough (Both for N64)

Quake 3 Arena, without a doubt dominates all others :)
You simply can't beat it, Quake Live IMO is the most balanced FPS there is.

thefleeger

Jan 8, 2011
There are a lot of fun FPS games out there. My favorite though, is a very hard question. I liked the Halo games. Halo 2 was the highlight, but I can't say it is 1.
:EDIT:
I made a ridiculous statement.
I will say my favorite FPS is still up in the air. I ruined some space. Lol

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
FreelanceButler" post="9.256939.9642958 said:
Team Fortress 2. All the classes are perfectly balanced, meaning the game's always fun.
Oh no wait, the Polycount pack showed us balance is for pussies and ruined that game!
/over-opinionated

I totally agree, if it wasnt for the polycount pack, i would most likely pick Tf2. So, with tf2 out of the picture. I pick Bioshock.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Hmmm... That's a tough one for me. I have to break it down into categories.

Realistic: ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead - It just doesn't get any more real than this is a game. Period. It's especially awesome with ACE2, but I don't run the ACE mod anymore. The online community is top-notch, the editor allows for endless possibilities, and the co-op is a blast!

Non-realistic: Medal of Honor (2010) - For me, this game ran circles around Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. Why? It was far more believable and it did not seem as short (although it kinda was). I was able to connect with the characters, and I found the voice acting to be superb. Too bad the multiplayer isn't more popular.

Console: Perfect Dark - Farsight XR-20 and the RCP-120. That is all.

RPG/Shooter hybrid: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - It is immersive, atmospheric, and it still manages to scare the hell out of me from time to time. The cult-like following and great online community help too!

Honorable mention: Tribes 2 - Everything is better with spinfusors and jetpacks!!!!

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
WayOutThere said:
After doing a quick word-search I've found not a single mention of the first Fear game in this thread.

*sigh*
OMG! F.E.A.R. is in fact one of my absolute favorites, but for some reason it escaped me when I was composing my post! That game has aged rather well too!

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Mark Hardigan said:
Mr Pantomime said:
I played 30 minutes of Bioshock yesterday, and its better than any other FPS ive played. Scares me a bit though
If Bioshock scares you, System Shock will definitely scare you. Amnesia: The Dark Descent will make you pee your pants and jump out the window.
Half-Life scares me. Dead Space not so much. I actually got to the sign in screen on Amnesia before I quit.I am a little girl when it comes to scary things. In games that is.

ToxinArrow

Jun 13, 2009
Half Life 2, followed by the smallest amount of measurement that could even be conceived, a way tie between Goldeneye 64, Duke Nukem 3D, and Halo.

JoeKickAzz

Feb 22, 2009
in order from top favorite

Bioshock series
Golden Eye (N64)
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare
Unreal series
Battlefield Bad Company

and soon to be #1, BulletStorm

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
Well I am only going based on games that I own(ed) or play(ed) so I will say Halo 2. On the upside, it introduced me to Xbox Live. On the downside, it introduced me to Xbox Live. This is personal opinion of course.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Call of Duty United Offensive. It was CoD at its peak: huge, amazing maps with as much as 64 players at a time on dozens of dedicated servers, a solid list of weapons to choose from, the only CoD to do vehicles well, and it allowed the players to play with the only bullshit being the setting up of punk buster. CoD is so bloated by fluff that I hardly recognize it anymore. There was no idiotic weapon unlocks that forced you to play with their handfull of weapons until you played for X amount of time. You had them all, and that was it. No UAVs or red dots on the map, you had to use your wits to find enemies. No grenade indicators, no damage indicators, no stupid perks. Just you, a gun, and people to shoot.

As for consoles, it would have to be Perfect Dark. It made Goldeneye into a finished product. It was the height of console FPS and shows just what a console FPS can be.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Multiplayer of Battlefield Bad Company 2 -- as for single player... I can't really think of any great ones -- the approach of walking down a corridor of some form or another and killing everything between point A and B isn't really that much fun to me, hence I only played CoD MW2 campaign once and never finished BC2's despite the massive amount of time I've sunk into the multiplayer over break. Far Cry 2 wasn't all that deep and was a tad glitchy but was at least enjoyable enough to merit multiple runthroughs.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
@OP, you could say the same thing about Metroid Prime. How is BioShock better than Metroid Prime (other than Graphics.)

(Just a note: I don't actually think Metroid Prime is the better than BioShock, but to call Bioshock the best FPS of all time is a bit of a stretch. I want OP to really show how it is).

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Not totally on-topic, but I am profoundly grateful for Call of Duty. Because of this above-average series, few people will ever again claim that Halo is the best FPS of all time. And if anyone tries to claim that title for CoD, you can laugh at them for trying to give it to a game that does exactly what every game does, but on average a bare 5% better.