the best fps games ever!

marfin_

Mar 14, 2011
Hello fellow Escpaists! I have been wondering which FPS shooters would make for good suggestions for me to play and they can be for the PC, 360, PS3 or/and Wii.

I have already played:
team fortress 2
half life
counter strike
portal
bioshock

...and I love those games! I have also played and don't much care for:
Halo
call of duty

The first halo was great! but not so much with the others and that is because I really care a lot about a good campaign. Call of duty though is no fun for campaign or multiplayer, though that is my opinion and I know that I will be highly disagreed with.

Please forget about halo and call of duty and why you "think" they are the best ever, just suggest to me some awesome fps shooters for me to play and enjoy : )

THANK YOU!!!

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
My personal favourite is Perfect Dark. That stuff is awesome.

It's not a generic modern-day shooter, or SPACE MAH-REEN FPS. It has some really cool/fun weapons, too. And fun combat sim. mode. You can play the awesome remake on 360 for 800 points.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Singularity. It's at least worth a rent. It's very original, varied powers and ways to kill bad guys, smooth animations, great weapons. It's a very, VERY well made game. I'm still kicking myself for not actually buying a copy and supporting it.

Itsthatguy

Jan 22, 2011
Halo:Reach and blops :p

Seriously though, you should try the stalker games, especially shadow of chernobyl. Great shooters, great story, great atmosphere.
You could also give Fallout 3/new vegas a go, although with the games you play this is more in the mabye column than a definite

EDIT: I feel as if i have brought shame to pc gaming by forgetting to mention Deus Ex.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Well, this is weird. "the best fps games ever!" and we're only allowed this generation.

Well, I'm going with the title and say the TimeSplitters series, so get any of the 3 last generation consoles to play TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series was great... IMO Shadow of Chernobyl was the best...

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
The original Halo is definitely up there, and if you're into Star Wars, I highly recommend Star Wars: Republic Commando. Very, very well done game.

marfin_

Mar 14, 2011
Palademon said:
Well, this is weird. "the best fps games ever!" and we're only allowed this generation.

Well, I'm going with the title and say the TimeSplitters series, so get any of the 3 last generation consoles to play TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.
Go ahead and suggest these games. If the console is old enough it may be affordable for me!

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
MechWarrior:Living Legends.

A mech game where any weapon choice the player makes can and will be effective if used properly. Like Extended Range LRM's being used in conjunction with a NARC beacon,or Battle Armour supporting a larger force by using the flamer to overheat enemy mechs to force shutdown...

marfin_

Mar 14, 2011
sravankb said:
Halo: Reach. Yeah, I know you said don't mention it, but I think people who have claim that Halo 1's campaign Reach or ODST have not really played the latter two. There's several reasons why Reach and ODST are infinitely better.

EDIT: Inb4 subjective. Yes, I understand how opinions work. But Halo 1's campaign has some serious design flaws (the Flood in general, the library, terrible animations, horrendous level design and aesthetics, etc.), and I just cannot get how people can simply ignore those and claim that it is somehow better.
Yes I completely agree that halo had some major flaws. It is not the best fps, though it is an honorably mention. Well if you really do think ODST and reach are worth it I will give it a try. The second one was the one that got me! I hated the campaign for Halo 2 it just was not the same, though the multiplayer was better.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Try the darkness. It has a pretty good story and it instead of just shooting your way through it you gain powers that you use to give you an edge in combat. you also have to stay in the shadows to keep your powers (as well as your sheild) from draining so you have to think differently then most FPS's, destroying light sources, staying out of open well lit areas ect.

Its also a pretty good length. 9-10 hours at least, on your first playthrough.

best of all its been out for awhile so you can find a used copy for about 10 bucks.

XeroDesign

May 31, 2011
I love the original Half Life. If a game can still suck you in more than a decade after its release it has to be doing something right.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Duke Nukem 3D. You can buy it from 3D Realms' website (Google it, it's not that hard).
Half-Life 2, and all the episodes. If you liked HL, you'll probably like them too.
And Deus Ex. It's really an FPSRPG, but if you're into that kind of stuff, you'll love it. And it's not linear, which is pretty uncommon these days (looking at you, CoD >_>).

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Borderlands is a fun FPS RPG. Great with a friend or a few to tag along, as it provides splitscreen as well as online.

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
Bioshock.
Half-Life 2.

Halo: Reach - Sorry, but I see it as an excellent FPS. Besides, Halo kind of helped define the FPS genre. More so then Call of Duty did.

Not a big FPS guy, if you can't tell. With the FPS's I do like, there is usually a good story to go along with it.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
Christopher Bocanegra said:
Try the Battlefield series, all have massive multiplayers, and they are extremely fun to play.
This. No other FPS (that I've played) can simulate massive combat like Battlefield.

I also have to second Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect. They're more fast paced, arcade style shooters. My friends and I would seriously play those games all night. Well worth picking up, especially on the cheap.