The Big Picture: Conspiracy Weary

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
Hahaha this video was worth is just to hear Bob channel Cobra Commander at the end lol.

I agree with everything said including that Oswald shot JFK, however as a shooter myself I just can't give up the notion that there were multiple shooters.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
Urameshi13 said:
I understand being from Massachusetts that you're going to be a left-leaning guy, but the Fox News and Bush bashing is a bit old and trite, don't you think?
Fox-bashing NEVER gets old. Not 'til they stop being the Republican Party's answer to Pravda.

Bush Bashing will get old once all the messes he left are cleaned up. I figure we've got a good twenty-to-fifty years left in them.[/quote]

Says someone who's probably never watched the network.

Keep in mind, I'm not contesting that they don't lean right, of course they do. But I find it hilarious that people get so butthurt over Fox when every other mainstream news network leans left.

Let me guess, you're in favor of the "fairness" doctrine?

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
ROFL oh my god I have never laughed so hard as I did during that ending bit. Bob thank you for the laughs. That California video game ban one though where the heck did that come from? I thankfully never heard of it nor do I pay attention to stupid conspiracy theories.

Squarepusher

Jan 19, 2011
Unfortunately everyone I know who is right into this stuff is usually extremely intelligent. I find most of the time, the people who believe this stuff so strongly, has the same mentality as a fundamentalist christian. You can't reason with them, feed them any logic, they possess a high truth about the workings of the world, and any argument you provide is wrong and is met with unfalsifiable speculation. Great video!

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Yeah you were doing good till the end there. Seemed like filler rather than an actual well thought out attempt at humor.

Faerillis

Oct 29, 2009
Ashoten said:
Just when I'm ready to write you off as a hack Bob you go and make something brilliant like this. Except that part about global warming. Which is more likely? A bunch of oil conglomorates all setting aside their competition with each other to mastermind a global dominance of the energy market to make themselves rich while purposefully misleading the public with falsified scientific findings? Or a bunch of different conman doom saying to a gullible public willing to give them cash to stop an immanent threat that they can nether prove or disprove?
Actually Ash, we can prove Global Warming. That is all he said. We can prove the temperature is going up steadily. He didn't so much as whisper a word about it definitely being Anthropogenic (based on how most people have accepted it and started working on it I really hope it is anthropogenic) just that it is definitely occurring. Besides which, even if it isn't caused by us, at worst we are now finally cleaning our environment. I don't see the loss.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
That picture....at 4:37...with the dinosaur battle....I want it

NOW

Would anyone by chance be able to link me to it haha

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
So I suppose Bob subscribes to the magic bullet theory on JFK's assassination...what about the two gentlemen on the grassy knoll? Or how about the "rail worker" on the bridge who made a maintenance stop that his company knew nothing of and on top of that didn't even exist? Also why was the "rail worker" last seen leaving a parking lot with one of the gentlemen on the grassy knoll? And why did Jack Ruby who was a Republican, who had ties to the mob which had a beef with JFK's fathers prohibition era bootlegging, who didn't know Lee Harvey Oswald whatsoever kill Mr. Oswald before he could be brought to trial? Also since Oswald was behind Oswald why was the huge exit wound that made his head explode on the rear of his skull? Seem it should have been his forehead that blew up don't you think?

Not saying I'm a conspiracy theorist but these things do seem more peculiar than just a disgruntled ex-marine.

Monkey King

Mar 29, 2010
Squarez said:
I always find it facepalm-worthy when people say the WTC was destroyed by controlled demolition.

There's an article that I can't find which pretty much proves that it would have been impossible to do without anyone noticing. I can't find it at the moment, but it has a lot of evidence.

For example, controlled demolition explosives take weeks or months to set up (that's only for an average building) so some people would have had to sneak in at night (after all, they don't wanna get caught) and plant explosives in the WTC for months on end (if that was the case, why did nobody notice explosives lying around). And even if they found a team large enough to somehow do it in one night, why has no-one come forward to say something? Even just one person in the hysteria of the moment? It makes no sense. Not even one person who might have noticed a huge-ass building crew going into the towers one night.
Have you ever watched "Loose Change"? From what I remember, they claimed that the building had been emptied several times leading up to 9/11 (cleaning crews told not to report or something). Also several people swear to this day that they heard secondary explosions coming from Building 7 just before it fell.

And I'm not one of "those people"; I doubt that the Gov't could pull off a 9/11 so perfectly, and then screw up the handling of Hurricane Katrina like that.

Funniest Reptoid conspiracy theory I've heard: the reptoids had the original 'V' cancelled because it was too close to their plans, and they made G'Kar on Babylon 5 into a good guy so we would learn to accept them (from watching a show that was barely syndicated)!

LawyerScumGhost

Mar 8, 2010
I usually agree with Bob about movies, but he is extremely uninformed (like many Americans who spend too much time in front of the idiot box) about the issues he speaks of, but lets just talk about Cheney for now. Lets set the time machine to the early 90s; Cheney is Sec. of Defense and begins privatization initiatives that (if accepted) will benefit certain companies if another war breaks out (like, GASP! CONSPIRACY!, Haliburton). It is now 1992, Clinton is President and guess where ol' Dicky boy ends up? Well, as CEO of...you guessed it, Haliburton. Now lets go to 2001 and the aftermath of the 9/11 tragedy (not gonna touch that one for now). Where is Dicky-boy now?, why he's the Vice President. And who is one of the most outspoken proponents of going to war in Iraq?, strangely enough its Dick Cheney. Aug. 26, 2002 Dick Cheney, Vice President says,"Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." So we get duped into invading Iraq, but wait...what about those great ideas of privatizing military functions that some smart dude in the 90s wrote about, who was that guy? Oh, that's right CEO...I mean VP Cheney. Those ideas sound great, but who can we get at such short notice...hmmmm (thinks real real hard) maybe, I don't know, Haliburton/KBR? Well, since Saddam has all these WMDs we better just give Haliburton/KBR some No-Bid-Contracts worth billions, and we won't put a limit on how much they can receive (its called cost-plus, look it up). So 10 years later and billions of profits for the war profiteers and NO arrests for the fraud and theft we KNOW Haliburton perpetrated against the American people, we come to the present and the wars are STILL ongoing. Yeah, conspiracy theories are crazy. Enjoy your TV shows.

Valkyrie1981

Apr 12, 2010
Shit does happen all the time, I agree with a lot that is said. Only a couple of things poke at me. One of the big things is that Global Warming is something that can happen, and possibly is.... Scientists on both sides are fucking with the data to the point we will never know what is going on. Man-made Global Warming the theory that we will destroy our planet in less then a hundred years.... With the 'Hockey Stick' chart proven a fraud, and that being the smoking gun as it wore, I have to put in serious doubt that Man is the primary cause....

From what it seems, that GIANT ball of gas in the center of our little corner of the Cosmos of the Sol System is looking more and more like the Primary cause. Not to say humans don't rank i the top 20 as reason shit can suck..... but far from the NUMBER ONE reason....

That's all....

dnnydllr

Apr 5, 2009
Excellent points and such...but was anyone else as excited at the Heroquest picture as I was?

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
Burningsok said:
The JFK Conspiracy theory is the only one that I still haven't figured out yet. In high school, we had an entire day devoted to this theory. Some of the info made me question a little bit on the assassination only being Lee Oswald's doing. The amount of time to reload, aim, and fire the rifle would have taken a lot longer then what was shown on video (video had the sounds of the gun shot). Lee bought the gun for cheap, only 20$ which was still considered cheap back then for a rifle.
I learned about his assassination just last year, and my teacher showed us a video that presented so much evidence supporting the theory that Oswald did not act alone, I'm convinced it was a conspiracy. They explained the whole magic bullet theory, how Jack Ruby met with Oswald previously, how the president's body was denied viewing to many people, etc.

I've always wanted to know the truth, but things turned out not too shabby at the end of the cold war, so politically speaking, I suppose his death wasn't "such a big deal" for lack of better words. That is of course, not acknowledging the emotional toll it took on the country.

But I still want to know: Why? Why was a young man, with kids and a loving wife, a burgeoning leader bringing a country towards prosperity, murdered? It's just not fair, you know? But hey.......shit happens.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
9Darksoul6 said:
Kafloobop said:
Everyone is allowed their own opinion on this subject but they need to understand that global warming is not considered a fact in the scientific community.
You meant: "[American] scientific community". It is considered a fact everywhere else.
And it's no surprise since it's the most retarded nation on Earth.

--------
If you think otherwise:
Ask any United States citizen how many countries s/he knows besides Mexico and Canada; tell any adult about South Africa and Europe and ask him/her which one is a continent and which is a country; ask a random US citizen to tell you what an electron is; ask the US average person the following: "do you really know what a muslim is?" "Can you give me a definition of what Algebra is?" "Besides animals and plants what other types of organims do you know?" etc.
Just experiment a little and you might get numb with all that moronicy.
(also: if you live in the US you're probably stupid, and there's probably no point in doing the above)
---------
Sorry, I have to point out that you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, and actually the perfect example of how people just blindly accept what 'experts' say.

The Global Warming climate reports? The 'scientists' responsible refused peer review of their work. They refused to address contradictory evidence. They actively suppressed reports that presented compelling arguments that called into question their 'findings'.

The truth? Those 'scientists' were making themselves careers on this 'work' that they did. This is widely accepted now, across the world.

This is not to say that there isn't merit to Global Climate Change, but before you go and make the absolutely ignorant claim that only "[American] scientific community" disagrees with Global Warming, perhaps you should do a little more research.

Otherwise you sound like a conspiracy theorist yourself, claiming that somehow the American scientific community somehow isn't as 'smart' as other scientist in the world. Let me guess: it's the water in North America, right? It just makes us stupid.

Oh, and by the way? In response to your little comment: "(also: if you live in the US you're probably stupid, and there's probably no point in doing the above)"? I guarantee you that I am more intelligent than you can ever hope to be.

You know, just FYI.

FishSama909

Jan 19, 2011
I find conspiracy theories interesting to study. I liked how Bob went with the whole modern esoteric point at the beginning of the video. A good point to make, and although I have grave reservations about the US government's influence within corporations and visa versa, and how that plays into economic and foreign policy, I have a hard time with most conspiracy theorists who take things like the lizardmen and "satanist" Illuminati so literally.

It's not hard to create your own conspiracy theory, but it's harder to get a bunch of paleo-conservatives onboard.

Hell, I find the overwhelming majority of conspiracy theories better inspiration for my writing than I do as practical real life.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
If there is anything I appreciated more than the awesome debunking video it's the fact that Bob used Hero Quest box art.