The Big Picture: Do the Mario! (Again)

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
"WTF" is exactly the reaction I had upon watching the ending of this movie a couple years ago. It reminded me of the ending of Majora's Mask, when everyone thanks you for saving their bacon and then you just... kind of... leave.

I seem to recall the Prince actually being mentioned at some point(s) before the end of the movie - I even remember knowing about his being engaged to Princess Peach and some sort of mysterious disappearance after Bowser rose to power. So it wasn't completely out of the blue, but it was a pretty unsatisfying conclusion.

Overall it was an interesting piece of film and I would like to watch it again sometime. Unfortunately, I do not know where to obtain a copy.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think I read about this movie somewhere before. I can't remember where though.
Still poor Mario, doesn't even get any cake...

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
*JAWDROP OF DOOM*

HOLY...

Back in 2001 in my fics, I came up with a fictional flower based kingdom called Floren...and I didn't even SEE this!!!

How did...? But this...? That's just...

*suffers a severe brainbreak and dies...and another GamemasterAnthony appears to claim the body*

LIVES REMAINING: 32

Sorry about that. I'll take care of this. *drags body of previous life off*

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
You know, I think I've found the one major problem with video games these days:

VIDEO GAMES
AREN'T
WEIRD!

...anymore.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
this time i rather watch the anime because the other show made by dic(realy no jokes here?)reminds me why animation and video games are not even close to what they could be.
also did you see the kirby cartoon? you can see the no 4kids japan with subtitles version here http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=237325.
talking about stuff only in japan have you played the sequel to earthbound? its called mother 3 it is awesome.
you do need emulators but those are easy to find and then all you need is a rom(i got mine here http://nr.emuparadise.org/NewReleases/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Gameboy Advance Roms/GBA Roms 2301 - 2400)the best part is that there is a patch that while translate the game it can be found here http://mother3.fobby.net/.
if you like earthbound the nostaliga will blow you away and even if you dident play it as a kid it is still awesome and can be realy realy sad and realy realy funny.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Well, I'm off the scour the internet for this now. Thanks Bob (not sarcasm, seriously, thanks lol)

This doesn't look overly fantastic, but I'd still like to see it.

Jingermanoo

Mar 7, 2009
The whole film is on Youtube in one playlist.
Tried five minutes of it but it really doesn't hold your attention too good.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
I've seen many occasions in cartoons and comic books, and even in the games themselves, of Sonic playing video games, but I am surprised that no matter how I search my memory, THIS is the only instance of seeing Mario play one (given the Mario party games you'd think he's actually a board game enthusiast.) BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THE FLOWER KINGDOM!? I guess it's kind of funny in a twisted way, but some effeminate douche from a land of FLOWERS gets the girl at the end? I haven't seen such a random prince reveal since Turnip the Scarecrow from Howl's moving castle, but at least he didn't take the girl away from the main character at the end.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Jingermanoo said:
The whole film is on Youtube in one playlist.
Tried five minutes of it but it really doesn't hold your attention too good.
Seconded. There's multiple versions of it online on Youtube, even with English translations.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
I laughed at the mention of "super blue balls"...

And I honestly remember enjoying the Super Mario Bros. movie (the one with Bob Hoskins) as a kid, but re-watching my old VHS of it, it doesn't hold up. Had to grab some RiffTrax for it. (Well... not exactly RiffTrax [http://www.destructoid.com/podtoid-148-bob-hoskins-is-watching-you-f-ck-172128.phtml]...)

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
MacNille said:
Is't just me, Or does This Luigi looks like Wario?

Agreed, this Luigi was definitely Wario!

Also, what kind of shit was that?? Prince of the Flower Kingdom? Mario should have flushed his sissy-boy ass down a pipe!

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Rotting Corpse said:
Ok, I don't care how good or bad it is, I'm gonna try and hunt this down. I want to see this. Especially that ending.
Here you go. With subtitles and everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY6FC5DIBR4

A Gray Phantom

Mar 4, 2011
I remember really liking the live action Mario Bros. movie when I was a kid. It made Luigi, my favorite bro, so cool. And Dennis Hopper made a great King Koopa. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Anyone else liked 1993's Super Mario Bros?

hazard99

Nov 18, 2009
Bowser looks like.... modern Bowser. I'm surprised he doesn't look more like king kooper from the american cartoon.