The Big Picture: Do the Mario!

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
"Deek?" Way to take the high road Bob. I remember giggling about that company's name as a youngster.
And only you could find redeeming value in that cesspit of a Zelda cartoon, so kudos to you. (Though I agree that making Zelda a badass sans Sheik does earn it major points, as does her awesome Jem hair!)

skylog said:
Aren't Peach and Daisy cousins? That image of them in bed together is just...engh.
That is far, FAR from being the most perverted thing /v/ has done with Daisy.

DragonSama

Jul 20, 2009
Bob you forgot Mario's first starting role in a cartoon.

Saturday Supercade - Donkey Kong

skylog

Nov 9, 2009
Optimystic said:
skylog said:
Aren't Peach and Daisy cousins? That image of them in bed together is just...engh.
That is far, FAR from being the most perverted thing /v/ has done with Daisy.
I'm aware things could get worse. I just thought that since Bob is a warehouse of niche trivia, he'd know about their family tree.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I love the Super Mario Bros Super Show! I wasn't alive to watch it when it first aired, but I have both the box sets, and while they are cheesy and a little odd some of the time, they are a joy for me to watch (Especially compared to the other 2 series featuring Mario... Let's just say I hate those).

Giolon

Mar 31, 2009
This show is on Netflix streaming. I was watching it over Christmas holiday at my mom's. It was just like old times.

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
Mister Benoit said:
Selvec said:
I suppose I should be greatful your not trying to defend THAT Sonic Cartoon...you know the one I mean...

Luckily such memories where replaced quickly by the mid-late ninties cartoons.

Ohhhh Talespin!
I actually highly enjoyed the Chilli Dog Series yet despised the one that was darker and had a ton of furries.

I enjoyed the simple relationship between Sonic/Tails & Robotnic/2 Robots.
Scratch and Grounder, they were good and bumbling.
While I did prefer the more serious one, I can remember the chilli dog episodes better.
Serious one had a much better opening though.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Oooh sweet sweet memories. :) I actually don't mind the quirky "excuuuuuse me princess" line. It's associated with to many fond memories to be bad. :)

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Captain-Giggles said:
Mister Benoit said:
Selvec said:
I suppose I should be greatful your not trying to defend THAT Sonic Cartoon...you know the one I mean...

Luckily such memories where replaced quickly by the mid-late ninties cartoons.

Ohhhh Talespin!
I actually highly enjoyed the Chilli Dog Series yet despised the one that was darker and had a ton of furries.

I enjoyed the simple relationship between Sonic/Tails & Robotnic/2 Robots.
Scratch and Grounder, they were good and bumbling.
While I did prefer the more serious one, I can remember the chilli dog episodes better.
Serious one had a much better opening though.
That SatAM Sonic was AWESOME! (that's what you google if you want to find it; SatAM Sonic the Hedgehog.) I remember it being way serious, way dour, and full of jaw dropping visuals. Then I watched a few when I was like 26, and... well, I'm content with letting it rest in memory. :)

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Yeah the only reason I watched this back in the early 90s was for the Zelda cartoon.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Damn i loved that show a lot. :) i didnt like the acted scenes though. Even for kids they were just too bad. The cartoon was great though. (in my memories. The same that still tell me Thundercats, Transformers and He-Man were more then just 20 minute commercials)

Addicted Muffin

Nov 6, 2010
So glad video games dont become TV shows these days...
All we have to worry about is the risk of our favourite comics being ruined...though that's anot a fear for me... Walking Dead, Scott Pilgrim, and Kick-Ass all were great.

actually...could you imagine a Gears of War cartoon? I can see potential awesome, and at the same time, potential fail...

MasterRahl

Feb 2, 2010
I can't believe he did this whole episode with a straight face. I now know that Bob is Trolling us. >.>

Grunt_Man11

Mar 15, 2011
While their resources might have been limited, you have to give the makers of these shows credit. At least, they actually did research!

They did their best to keep true to the source material. It wasn't 100% accurate, but it was much more accurate than ANY other video game to film adaptation, with maybe the exception of the first Mortal Kombat movie.

The same couldn't be said about that friggin' Captain N show.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Still have the Zelda cartoons.
Watched em last month even.

And you're wrong, the catchphrase isn't annoying it's funny as hell!

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
I don't care what anyone says; this show was fucking amazing, especially considering I was 5 years old when it premiered.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Being 26, I actually remember these shows very vaguely from my childhood. The interesting bit is that it was the first time I ever heard of Link and Zelda (I think). Also the "take one step" bit has stuck with me forever.