The Big Picture: Favorite Ms. Take - Part 1

ArmorKingBaneGief

Mar 19, 2012
So, thanks to this article, I became very curious about Carol A. Strickland's "brutal takedown", googled it and found it. It was such a great read, that I found a way to contact her and link her to this very ranting about comic redonkulousness. She said, and I quote here,

"Thanks so much for pointing this out! It has indeed added to the niceness of my day. ("Hunger Games" ticket is in my pocket, so that will finish it off very well.)"

She then warned me to stay away from this week's Wonder Woman. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know that, mang. :D

And yeah, Ms. Marvel was one of those characters who seems like she -should- be a good character, but every writer in charge of her seems to be a master of total bullshit. So, that's never good...

matrix29bear

Sep 2, 2013
Also the plot of Anne Rice's "The Witches of Mayfair" series of books.
(First book, "The Witching Hour" published in 1990)

Lasher, an immortal spirit made of intelligent airborne floating bacteria, eventually impregnates himself into the main character. Then he kidnaps her, rapes her, which forces her to birth a fast-growing female child which then Lasher will use to use to create a whole series of fast growing immortals called Taltos.

Another series of books in which a fast-growing baby grows up, has sex with mommy, and tries to have more babies.

Fast-growing babies are also present in the 1988 book Wetware(novel) by Rudy Rucker.
In that book, a glass-body robot (optical processing) named Berenice creates a race of "9 Day Boys" which grow to adulthood in 2 days (each day of their life is a decade to them), then are driven to impregnate women to fill the earth with the fast-growing "Meatbops" so as to wipe out the original genelines of humanity.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
As to the contents of the episode. Yeah that's a little weird... I guess after the weird stuff I've seen, not much fazes me. This was actually rather tame compared to other things I've seen.

As to the episode itself. I don't understand why this is a two parter. The episode was about five minutes long, why split it into two?