The Big Picture: Hercules Part One

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Hercules Part One

MovieBob takes you on a journey through 1983's Hercules.

Watch Video

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Was that a god damned Robot Centaur? IT WAS!?!

What did those guys smoke before this?

Thanks to this though, I now have the Disney's Hercules theme in my head.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
so... these movies are eye candy all around eh? Still that women in the last scene was hold with her half covered bosoms. All that bear is dead no he gonna come back. Lastly, I wonder what will covered in the other video. will we see more half-covered bosoms?

dcalpha

Nov 19, 2011
You know when the Hercules tv show was on (the 90's what would the ram say) my girlfriend made a remark while channel hoppin' past it. I can't remember the exact remark but let's say she said corny and unrealistic, anyway once I stopped laughing long enough for her to ask what was so funny I told her about this movie and managed to get a copy a few weeks later. After we watched it she aid "I see what you mean". She didn't laugh once so clearly she didn't see what I meant.

dcalpha

Nov 19, 2011
You know when the Hercules tv show was on (the 90's what would the ram say) my girlfriend made a remark while channel hoppin' past it. I can't remember the exact remark but let's say she said corny and unrealistic, anyway once I stopped laughing long enough for her to ask what was so funny I told her about this movie and managed to get a copy a few weeks later. After we watched it she aid "I see what you mean". She didn't laugh once so clearly she didn't see what I meant.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I remember seeing this movie ages and ages ago. Have to admit, I had no idea it was a Hercules movie until much later, since I missed the intro. All I knew is that there were robots, magic swords, at one point I think Hercules had a flaming hand, and it was awesome.
I wasn't very old at that time.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Hey wait a minute bad guy on the moon and they send monsters that grow huges

The greek gods are the ancestor of Rita Repulsa

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Qitz said:
Was that a god damned Robot Centaur? IT WAS!?!

What did those guys smoke before this?

Thanks to this though, I now have the Disney's Hercules theme in my head.
Good for you, I got this one stuck in my head. I can't believe I still remember this crap.

Although this show had the best monster sounds ever!

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Nostalgia Critic should review this movie... I'm sure it'll be a riot.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
Clearly they thought so too, because every monster had the exact same roar! The Gorgon, the Minotaur, the Hydra, the Cyclops--exact same roar!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Falseprophet said:
-Dragmire- said:
Clearly they thought so too, because every monster had the exact same roar! The Gorgon, the Minotaur, the Hydra, the Cyclops--exact same roar!
Don't forget the Hideous Bog Beast!

edit:

Oops, I was wrong, it was the Hideous Bird Beast...

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
when "the hero throws a bear into space" isnt the sillyest thing in your movie... you know were in for a treat! keep on the good work!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That's Oscar material right there. I'm serious, he threw a bear into space, how is that not Oscar-worthy??
Looking forward to the next one!

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
What effect did this have, other than being reactionary, to the film industry at the time or further on?

Poor stop motion animation makes me sad.

Pontifex

Mar 17, 2010
I watched this with some friends after it was referenced by one of Bob's earlier videos. Amazingly bad.

And there's a sequel.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
I first saw this movie because of Elvira and the movie decided to just be insane since SPACE BEAR! So, yes, I love how ridiculous this movie is.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
I like the little touch of swords glowing blue and red for no particular reason... except, Star Wars.

Is this two-parter going to get a Kevin Sorbo themed epilog?