The Big Picture: Maddening

Efrede

Nov 30, 2009
Adrian Peterson is the guy they have paired with Vickie. If you want to vote against Vick here is the link: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover. You have till 4/18/2011 to vote.

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
joebear15 said:
Velocirapture07 said:
Bob I almost always disagree with you, and this time is no difference. Vick fucked up and did some horrible shit. He served time in prison and did not kill human beings. Also, on the sliding scale of humanity, I'd rate a lot of athletes higher than you. You put together a bunch of random pictures and talk over them with your opinion.

Whoopdy fucking do.

I'm pretty sure there's been other ex-criminals on the front of madden games. They also probably committed crimes against human beings which will always be more damning than anything done to animals. I like animals, but in this case you're completely wrong. I truly feel like he's trying to come back from the mistakes he made. Hell, maybe that is impossible, but at least he's trying.

I'm sure you've never done anything wrong though Bob, nothing you've ever regretted. You're just another freaking mouth piece on the internet no different than any other except for the fact that you get paid to spout to other people your opinion on things. Why don't you pay attention to yourself and your own shortcomings instead of focusing on someone who made animals fight each other. I also like how no one gives a fuck if you have a snake fight or something like that, but when it's fluffy cute shit everyone flips. He wasn't stuffing poodles and lolcats into arenas and torturing them (these were dogs trained and conditioned to be violent ANIMALS)

All in all, you're dead wrong. Animals will never be on the same level as humans, no matter how cuddly wuddly they are (and believe me I do love animals-I own a cat). Vick didn't murder a human child, he didn't violently rape anyone, he didn't assualt a grandmother, he didn't slaughter babies, etc. Get your priorities straight. It's time to move the fuck on and get over it. This series pisses me off to no end as well. How the hell do you actually get paid to spew your opinion and spout it off like fact?!
.You have commented on all of his videos being a stick up ass hater(im betting). The great irony is every video you comment on and watch gives bob add revenue and allows him to continue making more shows so you can ***** more repeating the cycle, im and sorry you are not smart.

ps your even lower then he is, you comment on internet video spewing hate at someone who will never read your messages.
haha, you're wrong. I rarely comment on his show and don't watch it a lot specifically because I usually disagree with him (this also addresses your comment about every video I watch giving him revenue).

I also am well aware he will probably never read this, but who the hell else am I supposed to address my comments to. If I'd known you cared so damn much I'd have addressed it to you joebear. Here's something to think about though, if there is a king of bitching it is someone like bob. He makes a living out of it. I'm not in the habit of getting into internet arguments, so I'll just stop here.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
I don't really see why this matters in the least?

They were just dogs and this is irrelevant to his athletic performance.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
I'm not too sure that I like Bob's /soapbox episodes. He comes across as someone who just really is too passionate about it. I understand you got to stick with your guns, but really, all you are doing is giving those who want Michael Vick to be on the cover more ammo. Although, if Vick does go on the cover and EA ends up not making as much money because of it, won't it be good since they will reconsider putting out another Madden game?

warboss5

Mar 17, 2010
Maybe, if he does end up on the cover, we'll get lucky and the Madden Curse will KILL HIM.

n03s

Jan 21, 2010
That guy is obviously a scum..
Arranging dogfights and gambling on them is actually very low..

But dear Bob for fuck sake.

To say why people buy sport titles from EA; and that they are buying a roster update?
My first football(aka:soccer) game was FIFA International for game boy when i was 11yr old..
Since then i bought games for NES, SNES, PC, PS2, PS3..
After the NES era only 2 companies remained to make decent football games.. EA and Konami..
So.. If you are football fan and a gamer, you will buy the EA or Konami product.. or pirate it.. lol x_x
The last 3 years FIFA is a better series for my taste, in sigle and online mode, therefore I buy it..

People shouldnt be smug about things they dont even bother to understand/appreciate..

revrend

Dec 7, 2010
I find it offensive that vick still has a career in football at all! I am a convicted felon myself and what i was convicted of was threatening someone with a weapon... no where near as heinous as vick... He goes to jail "does his time" and then is right back to his multi million dollar job... I on the other hand (not having jail time) "did my time" and now cannot even find so much as a job at mcdonalds despite having completed high school and one degree in college... bull shit!

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
I actually agree that Michael Vick should face the full force of his deserved opprobrium every time anyone tries to hand him an award or ANYTHING good. This is the proper way to deal with this sort of moral turpitude.

On the other hand, I actually don't think that dogfighting should be illegal (not everything immoral should be illegal--prostitution and drugs should also be legal although those activities can also be immoral). Bob's quote about the man "serving his time" is an example of what happens when you attempt to replace moral judgment with LEGAL judgment.

In all truth, Vick should have been fired, and I despise the NFL for being willing to employ him, no matter how good he may be.

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
C_Topher said:
Velocirapture07 said:
Bob I almost always disagree with you, and this time is no difference. Vick fucked up and did some horrible shit. He served time in prison and did not kill human beings. Also, on the sliding scale of humanity, I'd rate a lot of athletes higher than you. You put together a bunch of random pictures and talk over them with your opinion.

Whoopdy fucking do.

I'm pretty sure there's been other ex-criminals on the front of madden games. They also probably committed crimes against human beings which will always be more damning than anything done to animals. I like animals, but in this case you're completely wrong. I truly feel like he's trying to come back from the mistakes he made. Hell, maybe that is impossible, but at least he's trying.

I'm sure you've never done anything wrong though Bob, nothing you've ever regretted. You're just another freaking mouth piece on the internet no different than any other except for the fact that you get paid to spout to other people your opinion on things. Why don't you pay attention to yourself and your own shortcomings instead of focusing on someone who made animals fight each other. I also like how no one gives a fuck if you have a snake fight or something like that, but when it's fluffy cute shit everyone flips. He wasn't stuffing poodles and lolcats into arenas and torturing them (these were dogs trained and conditioned to be violent ANIMALS)

All in all, you're dead wrong. Animals will never be on the same level as humans, no matter how cuddly wuddly they are (and believe me I do love animals-I own a cat). Vick didn't murder a human child, he didn't violently rape anyone, he didn't assualt a grandmother, he didn't slaughter babies, etc. Get your priorities straight. It's time to move the fuck on and get over it. This series pisses me off to no end as well. How the hell do you actually get paid to spew your opinion and spout it off like fact?!
Judging by your own admission that you usually watch Bob's segments, I can only guess this is meant to be seen as an obvious troll. Really, if you have so much hate for Bob, why watch him? Also, there are a lot of people that get paid to give their opinions; opinion columnist for most newspapers, critics of all kinds, and let's not forget the consultants (financial, business, expert witnesses...) and so on.

Also, if think forcing animals to fight to the death for our amusement is ACCEPTABLE, then you, my good sir, are in need of professional psychiatric help. Do you have any idea how dogfighting works? The dogs are trained to kill by being beaten, starved, and given other animals to kill, usually stolen pets referred to as bait animals. So yes, Vick was "stuffing poodles and lolcats into arenas and torturing them". Are you saying it would be fine if someone took YOUR cat and tossed it between two starved and vicious dogs? I'll give you a hint: Say "no" and you're a hypocrite, say "yes" and you're as sick a fuck as Vick.

Another thing, as I mentioned in an earlier post, torturing and killing animals is a good predictor of violence against humans. It's usually a stepping stone for much worse, often carriers as serial killers (see Jeffrey Dalmer and Denis Raider [BTK]). It's not that it was "just animals", it's that it was a red flag for a psychopath.

And as for the shit about animals not being on the same level as humans, wasn't the same thing said about women, blacks, Jews, Native Americans, and various other groups throughout history? Newsflash, PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS TOO! We're not on a higher level than any other animals. Even if you chose to ignore that, Vick chose to commit horrendous acts upon something that was helpless and dependant on him for its survival, not unlike a human infant. He's a monster that was caught before he could do more damage, and you're just as bad for defending him.
I should have written "Bob, when I do watch your segments I almost always disagree with you" or "when I actually comment on, or get through one of your segments I almost always disagree." Trolling is a waste of time and is not what I'm doing.

Also i never stated that dogfighting was acceptable. In fact it is pretty horrible and indefensible. That's why he went to jail and was punished for his crime. However, I vehemently disagree with your assertion that animals are on the same level as humans. I don't think the jews, blacks, or native americans were dependent on anyone for their survival, mostly because they have large brains and complex emotions that animals lack.

Humans are on a whole different plane, and to act as if they're not is just ridiculous.

I'm glad he was caught and that he's turned his life around. Perhaps he should not be on the cover of the game, perhaps he should. All I'm saying is that I find it interesting that people are so obsessed with this particular crime and criminal enough to ignore the other people in the nfl who have committed crimes against human beings.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
After this, I'm pretty sure some people.....

*sunglasses*

Will be mad

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! [http://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/]

Bionic92

Dec 29, 2009
I couldn't agree any more with you Bob. Vick should have no right to be one the cover, though it he does make it, I really hope the Madden Curse won't fail.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
MonkeyPunch said:
Shirokurou said:
Also, Bob I know of countries where literal cock-fights are legal, snake-fights are legal.. i guess all those people are OK, cause it's not puppies or we dealing with countries of lowest-grade scum?
Any of those involved in these cock-fights and snake-fights poised to be on the cover of Madden or any other publication setting them up as role models?
Or maybe you didn't make it through all the way to 4:03 on the video before writing that comment?
So it was the fact that he's eligible to pose for the madden cover that made Bob call him scum, rather than his habits of dogfighting?

Actually as a turnaround he could be on the cover of Madden as a role model of doing his time and turning over a new leaf... That would actually be a smart PR move for him along with PETA donations.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
I am surprised to be in almost total agreement with Bob this week. I think if Vick is trying to turn his life around, there are far more redeeming pursuits than sports he should be participating in at this point. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and he is donating most of his paycheck to animal shelters, but I doubt it.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
RowdyRodimus said:
GeorgW said:
The episode was nice and all, but as a non-american I was completely lost. Please don't do many episodes completely focused on a single country's culture. Not just the US, any one country. If you'd have done an episode about real football (soccer), which is more international, I would have liked it more, even though I've watched a grand total of 1 football (again, soccer) game. A quick summation doesn't help if you don't know the culture around it.
And I've never watched a soccer game in my life, so we would be back at square one lol
Yes, and I don't mind being excluded for not liking something. But I do mind being excluded for living in a place where the subject simply doesn't exist. The Super Bowl has started airing here though, well after midnight though. And we don't have the same commercials, which is all I'd be interested in.

HeartAttackBob

Sep 11, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
He was a millionaire who got his jollies torturing and killing innocent animals. He can die in a damn fire.
roostuf said:
people who deliberately train and gain profit from the cruelty of less beings(animals) should shot.
While I agree that torturing and killing dogs for entertainment is repugnant and ethically wrong, I have to respectfully disagree with the condemnation of Vick.

Nature is far more creatively cruel than Michael Vick could ever hope to be. There are many examples, but the first that comes to mind are wasps that implant their parasitic larvae into living caterpillars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UkDMrG6tog
I submit that even this incredible cruelty does not imply that we should condemn the wasps as monsters deserving death.

Declaring a person ethically bankrupt and distancing ourselves from that person is perfectly acceptable, but we must remember that some of our own behavior will inevitably be against the morals of Someone. Wearing a leather belt and eating a hamburger may be against the morals of a devout Hindu, does that give him justification to condemn me and MovieBob to death? Is the Westboro Baptist Church justified in their moral condemnations?

I unequivocally do not agree with Vick's choices regarding dog fighting. However, so long as he does not harm humans, I do not believe that we, or the government, have the right to prevent him from doing what he pleases on his own property with his legally owned animals.

MoosePasteInventor

Dec 6, 2010
I completely agree that Vick should not be honored with this, even though the honor is also often seen as a curse.

The whole "why would anyone buy Madden 12" thing, however, I disagree with. You do the same thing, Bob. You even came close to admitting it in this video. You buy Super Mario games, whenever they come out, knowing full well it will be as dissimilar to the last one as Madden 12 will be to Madden 11. Generally, I respect your opinion, and am genuinely amazed at how often you admit your own shortcoming and biases, but in this case, you are dismissing a bias that is so similar to your own as to be different in title alone. People buy the next Madden game for the same reason you buy the next Super Mario Bros. game. They enjoyed the last one, and because it will be so similar, they know they'll enjoy the next one. There's some comfort in buying a game in a series you like, because you know that you'll like it.